Singles Final 2010

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who will win the Singles this year at the Argyle ?

15% 15% 
[ 2 ]
46% 46% 
[ 6 ]
15% 15% 
[ 2 ]
8% 8% 
[ 1 ]
8% 8% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
8% 8% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 13

Singles Final 2010

Post  STOO01 on Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:50 am

Singles Finalists (Last eight) - To be played Sunday 23rd May 2pm.
The Final will be held in Argyle

Deek Allan - Brig
Scott Spencer - Blazers
Jim Swain - Silver Tassie
Rab Clark - Blazers
Mike McHale - Den Inn
M Fairgrieve - Argyle
Scott Dewar - Brig
P Dick - Douglas

Last edited by STOO01 on Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:52 am; edited 6 times in total

Admin

View user profile http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Singles Final 2010

Post  terry on Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:03 am

who went thru at ur venue stoo Question

terry

Birthday : 1965-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:05 am

no i was pish, dont know who won sanders lost 1st game, back to my normal form never mind better luck next year as they say every year Laughing

Admin

Back to top Go down

Champion 2010

Post  STOO01 on Mon May 24, 2010 7:35 am

got to say well done to mike after winning the title as he said he's been competing since 1976

J Swain 0
M McHale 2

S Dewar 0
R Clark 2

P Dick 0
S Spencer 2

D Allan 2
M Fairgrieve 0

Semi-Final
Mike 2
Rab 1

Spencer 0
Deek 2

Final
Mike 3
Deek 1

Admin

Back to top Go down

SINGLES WINNER

Post  INTERESTED ONLOOKER on Mon May 24, 2010 9:54 pm

I have just been browsing the leagues competition history Mr Moderator,and i would like to congratulate Mike McHale on winning his first singles title at the ripe old age of 131(will he become the oldest winner of this blue ribbon event?)and my commiserations to deek allan(the jimmy white of the league)with only 1 win in 6 finals,was his only win luck?was his 5 defeats unlucky or is his bottle suspect in the business end of tournaments,never the less once again well done mike mchale,a classic example of if at first you dont succeed try try again and deek as the saying goes there is always next year.

INTERESTED ONLOOKER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mike on Tue May 25, 2010 7:39 pm

interested onlooker, (by the way there is a jimmy white in the league already lol)
but to answer your questions about Deek, you obviously dont know the guy or you would never have raised the question of his bottle at the business end of competitions, or any end begining or middle
i played him in the business end of a competition (the final of the jathros) last week,
he won 5-3 and to put it simply every time he got a chance he finished the frame,
and that is what Deek does on a very very consistent level, whenever he gets the chance he finishes it,
but nobody can win if they dont get chances, sometimes its just not your turn to win,

anyway thanks for the congratulations on my win,
I've been wanting to win the league singles since i first picked up a pool cue
I've won everything else a few times, doubles, 5 man, 100 ball and a few league titles
but have to admit nothing has given me a buzz like this
they say every dog has his day and i've been going WOOF WOOF since sunday .. lol .. ha ha ... Laughing . Very Happy . Laughing

Last edited by mike on Wed May 26, 2010 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total

mike

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brigand No 1 on Tue May 25, 2010 10:41 pm

He He had a wee laugh to myself with the post by the interested onlooker myself Mike. we would all like to win but as you say can't win all the time and you played better on the day. Well done.

As i recall Mr White (snooker player) not to be confused with our Mr White (Brig Captain and 6 times in a row league champion) lost all his finals, but was by far the most talented player i have ever seen , thats not to say that i,m in that category!!!
personally I think a lot of people out there would find it a great achievement even to get to a singles final and I.ve had the pleasure of getting to 6.

Leven

Brigand No 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  INTERESTED ONLOOKER on Tue May 25, 2010 10:52 pm

I haven't posted on this site to put anybody down,i was just browsing the competition history pages and noticed that deek allan had played in 18 various finals ( 1s, 2s 3s ), in his time in the lpl and has only managed to convert 6 of those into victories,just an observation on my behalf,sorry if i've hurt anybodies feelings but im sure your big enough to take it on the chin

INTERESTED ONLOOKER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

brigand no1

Post  the waterboy on Thu May 27, 2010 1:33 am

INTERESTED ONLOOKER wrote:I haven't posted on this site to put anybody down,i was just browsing the competition history pages and noticed that deek allan had played in 18 various finals ( 1s, 2s 3s ), in his time in the lpl and has only managed to convert 6 of those into victories,just an observation on my behalf,sorry if i've hurt anybodies feelings but im sure your big enough to take it on the chin

Deeks record of trophies won is actually a lot better than 6 out of 18.
He has won the 5 man team once, the 100 ba 12 times and the league 16 times
Some people may say that these are all team events but his record of wins against losses is actually quite phenominal in these competitions.
Every team has a talisman and the brigs is DEEK, blazers is BABA, den inns is MIKE etc,etc, a player who everyone looks to.
the waterboy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:06 pm

deek won his only title versus mints and he said he was out his face, nothing different there for that cock then drunken

you have to think who the team was that he played with as well, a lot of his wins came with frape who was winning every thing at the time singles doubles with deek 3 man team with deek

i would not say i look at these players the way you do, i would say lets beat the so called super stars of their team who ever it is thats the challenge

yeh he is good tho, its 20 odd years winning titles tho

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top