What happened at the A.G.M

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What happened at the A.G.M

Post  Big Show on Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:50 pm

So is there no info 2 b shared no changes made did everyone just vote for the status quo
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Birthday : 1984-03-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What happened at the A.G.M

Post  peterloon on Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:13 pm

Bundy

I think stoo is just waiting on the full minutes from the secretary before posting.

but the good news is its Blackball rules for the new season plus quite a lot of other changes.

the 5 man team is still under current rules.

peterloon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

some silly changes

Post  mad elf on Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:40 pm

kinda funny dont you think that blazers and brig get there own way in the league all the time!there was a vote for status quo on the rules staying the same,and it was all for,then they agued threre point for about half a hour,and by that time one pub had left,which meant when we voted again it went to a tie,and what a surprise the chairman from the"brig" had thae casting vote,whole thing was a joke!!
mad elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  peterloon on Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:44 pm

mad elf wrote:kinda funny dont you think that blazers and brig get there own way in the league all the time!there was a vote for status quo on the rules staying the same,and it was all for,then they agued threre point for about half a hour,and by that time one pub had left,which meant when we voted again it went to a tie,and what a surprise the chairman from the"brig" had thae casting vote,whole thing was a joke!!

NO team had left at this point - 15 in the league - Windsor did not attend the AGM - so 14 votes.

1 Team changed their mind from the original vote after the discussion which did not go on for half an hour and thus it was a 7-7 split.

peterloon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mad elf on Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:15 am

peterloon wrote:
mad elf wrote:kinda funny dont you think that blazers and brig get there own way in the league all the time!there was a vote for status quo on the rules staying the same,and it was all for,then they agued threre point for about half a hour,and by that time one pub had left,which meant when we voted again it went to a tie,and what a surprise the chairman from the"brig" had thae casting vote,whole thing was a joke!!

NO team had left at this point - 15 in the league - Windsor did not attend the AGM - so 14 votes.

1 Team changed their mind from the original vote after the discussion which did not go on for half an hour and thus it was a 7-7 split.

sorry no teams went away then,why did it have to go to another vote?usually one vote is enuff to pass things!
mad elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  the legend on Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:44 am

i agree with you mad elf the first vote should have stood but yet again leven pool league is getting to be a joke ive played in the pool league for many years but what happened at the agm was a total farse
the legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean on Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:19 am

I cant really understand why ANY of you are moaning because it takes a majority to pass a vote and it was done in the total correct fashion. It is also totally beyond me as to why anyone would want to have stuck with the OLD and out of date rules. Blackball rules have been brought in to make the games be played quicker and give more players extra games on the night in a shorter time scale. (16 frames of singles shall be played instead of the usual 8 singles then 3 doubles.) There is absolutely no advantage or disadvantage to any team whatsoever because to win a game of pool you have to pot your nominated colour then the black as normal. I honestly think MOST of the players will be pleasantly surprised at how easy the game actually is.

Sean

Birthday : 1988-07-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Committee is Corrupt

Post  STOO01 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:33 am

I voted for the new rules Blackball and was amazed how many voted on staying with the old rules.
we lost 8-6 and i was thinking, why vote on the old rules as we had to start these rules as new rules at one time in the past, as we will with blackball now.
now as we lost the vote the chairman started ranting on about something, strange i thought but we've lost, now in years gone past crock the chairman would just have called it status quo and that would be an end to it.
then the vote was held again with a different out come, another rule change for the present chairman.
the sunbeam thanged there vote for whatever reason and the vote was tied 7-7 so the deciding vote went to the chairman who voted for the blackball rules.

I asked for a rule that was refused as it was no longer in the league according to the chairman who just makes up what he wants, he is in the position he's in to run the league by the rules it has to be said this chairman is corrupt and brings in rules to suit his team, I dinni want to say any more as i may lose it and turn into derek bird that went on the rampage and shot everyone.

and did you no like being called bullseye mind games,

Admin

View user profile http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Show on Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:55 pm

mad elf wrote:
peterloon wrote:

sorry no teams went away then,why did it have to go to another vote?usually one vote is enuff to pass things!

I did not attend the AGM but from wot i was told (by our corrupt chairman) was that everyone rushed into the first vote with no discussion so after everyone voiced thier opinions another team saw sense n decided 2 take the levenmouth pool league out of the dark ages!!!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brigand No 1 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:15 pm

More drivel from Stoo. How can you say The esteemed chairman is only bringing in rule changes to help the Brig when we obviously are the best team in the league with an amazing 6 titles in a row? if anything he should have voted to keep the same rules and let you muppets fight for second place again.
But because he has pools best interest at heart and wants to see our league going forward and not stay in the back ages he's getting a hard time.
Shame on all you doubters.

Brigand No 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Show on Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:25 pm

The changes brought in at the AGM will improve the entire league not just the top 2 teams the changes that have bn made are there 2 better the GAME for the players and in my opinion the boys that are interested in PLAYING POOL will agree once the rules are in place!

now for those of u that like ti bitch about this that and the other / the agm was a farce / the committee are corrupt / that boys a ice cream / its ma baw am gawn hame!!! git er it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:58 pm

Bundy wrote:I did not attend the AGM but from wot i was told (by our corrupt chairman) was that everyone rushed into the first vote with no discussion so after everyone voiced thier opinions another team saw sense n decided 2 take the levenmouth pool league out of the dark ages!!!!!

this happens every year at the agm, but they don't care they just want the rule voted on or out
but this year the chairman took more notice of the vote as he wanted the blackball rules to be voted in, we need a chairman that is more neutral who does not side on oneway or the other
I have to remind people i voted for the blackball rule to come in , i contacted ross mcinnes to get more information about joining spa with maybe a team to play in the spa competitions from leven, if i never done this in my opinion it would not be happening, i seen on other web sites and hear about teams entering the super 11s or 15s from glenrothes and dunfermline, my point is the way things are changed is wrong in our league, just stick to the rules that are in play.

the rule no out of district players was broat in last year did everyone understand this question when it was asked for a vote , i dont think so as i was the only person at the den that voted for out of district players , and yes crock and i think bundy voted to remove outside players, why this league has very little good players as it is so bringing out side players to play must be a good thing
out side players are now allowed back in this year still only 2 players per team as before

their was a rule broat in that everyone has to play 50% of league matches or attend and be on the sheet, this is an idea but as i stated what if someone goes in hospital for 2 months and only played/attended 4 matches and is recovering enough to play in the doubles and singles, the comittee said special reasons would be allowed
so what there saying is the rules no perfect but its in and we will decide

the rule 8 frames and then another 8 frames was broat in of singles no doubles, it was said the rule we play in glenrothes bla bla bla, now in years gone by the committee would regect any comment about others league stating this is leven not anything to do with glenrothes, dunfermline, kirkcaldy, we make our own rules and its a social league ,so whats happened with the change

the league ,the rule to play 8 teams in 1 section and 8 teams on the other section with the top 4 from each section playing for the 1st division and the other 8 playing a kind of division 2 or consolation league

I asked for a copy of the minutes from the agm not just for myself but so every team in the league could see the changes made to the likes of rules, hopefully this will be handed out with the new league fixtures
this is why i havent printed much about what happened at the last agm, it dosent matter what i take a note of as the committee dont take any notice what happened, they just decide what happened even if it did'nt happen anyway

the committee should get some kind of fine for their performance during the whole season affraid

and deek your a fud wee man clown

Last edited by STOO01 on Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:14 pm; edited 2 times in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Baldy on Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:54 pm

What a sad state, A harmonised Levenmouth Pool League is what we were looking for with the new rules being brought in!

Just for info, just because a captain votes for the old rules, doesn't mean the whole team wants the old rules. Not sure how Simon voted at the AGM, but our team were split about 50/50 for/against.

Do have to agree with Stoo about some of the decisions this season and all the unwritten rules that are used by our committee. If Mark wants to stop taking flack, he needs to get everything documented properly and if something isn't written, don't go with the ghosts of committes past, be his own man, put it to a vote and get it written down.

Unfortunately due to some of the incidents through this season and at the AGM, there are some players who are now completely disconcerted with the pool league and have decided to give it a miss this season.
Baldy

Birthday : 1908-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:19 pm

simon voted for the old rules as he wants to snooker people, he must be disapponted the snooker club is shut.
he did ask after the 8 singles was agreed and then another 8 singles in the second half format "at what point do we eat the sandwiches" Razz

i was happy with some of the ideas broat in like the draw makes a return to our league and the 3 points for a win is out , i was not a fan of this as the only way to win points, in a close game like 5-6 you get nothing for winning 5 frames.
2 points for a win, 1 point for a draw which may be hard to get as it's a lot of frames in a match, but its there anyway

the rule to play 2 sections and then spit after everyone had played each other twice then the top 8 play in division 1, this is a good idea as the top teams who ever they may be should be challenged each week to win points, if they just played the bottom teams its not so much of a challenge and little chance of them lossing,
as the question was raised to vote on the new league set up or stay the same as last year , i had a look around and terry was voting for the old rule, iwas like what you doing voting for last years rule, i had to put an end to that and vote on the new rule king

it was stated that its still a social league as it is just some teams are more social than others Wink

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:35 am

Well Blackball rules will not stop him snookering but he will need a little more skill to be able to snooker now though.

Blackball Rules Very Happy

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Guidys minutes

Post  STOO01 on Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:24 am

Levenmouth Pool League A.G.M 30th May 2010 Douglas
1 honarariums - status quo
2 committee - status quo
3 league applications - body of hall decided to keep this league capped at 16 teams
tower bar were accepted into the league, station were put on standby
4 competition entry to be 3 per head, singles, doubles & 3 man team
5 100 ball entry to stay at 10 per team
6 5 man team entry to stay at 10 per team
7 league fees to be 160, paid by the 10th june at 8pm in the den inn
8 non fulfilment of fixture 15 (not turning up)
9 if no rule change, teams must play at least the singles games before leaving the premises
10 missing meeting 10, then doubled, then doubled, no loss of points now
11 not handing in team sheets 2 each
12 not phoning in results 2 each
13 fixtures for the 5 man team to be handed out for the start date 17th june, format to be 2 sets of 5 singles (only 5 players can play on any given night)
14 league will start on the 19th august
15 body of hall voted on bringing in blackball rules this season, vote was 7-7, chairman had the casting vote and voted for blackball rules
16 league matches to be 2 sets of 8 singles,substitutes to be listed on the team sheet and can be used at any time
17 team sheets to be filled in blind
18 2 points for a win, 1 point for a draw
19 if a player listed in the first set of 8 is not on the premises by the time his game is to be played, this game can be played in the second set of 8 but must be played before game 11(captains to agree)
20 no competitions will be played before november, only league games. players wishing to enter competitions must play in at least 50 % of these games or listed as a sub( captains to check that players are on the premises) to make them eligible to play (this will be monitored)
21 each team will be allowed to play 2 out of district players next season, new players must apply to the league before playing
22 after the first half of the season the league will split into 2. top half will play each other home and away as will the bottom half (points money will be the same each half)
23 it was decided by the body of the hall that no limitations will be put on the type of cloth or the colour of cloth this season as it should not matter as long as tables are level and clean (any problem with tables contact a committee member as a last resort if issues cannot be resolved)
24 levenmouth pool league will for this year at least, affiliate to the spa (50)
25 any teams or players from this league will pay their own entry fees to enter these spa competitions
26 body of hall, decided that finals this year should be bid for (sealed envelopes) this has to be looked at again in november
27 any team who has won a league trophy this year has been asked to bring it back in the condition that they received it in failure to do so will lead to a 10 fine or the cost to repair any damages

Last edited by STOO01 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:51 pm

it was also mentioned about what rules will be played in the 100 ball, i think it was decided to play blackball rules , this would be a good idea as potting a ball or hiting a cushion would stop people rolling upto a ball for a snooker, the rule to move the white to the baulk area for a free shot should be used
the loss of 3 points or maybe change it to 5
what about breaking as well, should the breaker get 2 shots or 1 ?

these are just ideas not what happened at the agm

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Baldy on Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:05 pm

Don't know if it was discussed at the AGM but I think it would be good to get the first half of the league schedule created with a documented system rather than the committee deciding behind closed doors.

With the league splitting in two, over the season teams will play some teams twice at home and only once away and vice versa.
I'm sure if this isn't organised up front, there'll be a lot of conspiracy theories.

Imagine in the firt half of the season if the Brig are scheduled at home against Blazers, Mollys, Argyle, Den Inn and AHW (Based on top six teams from last season). With the split they would play those five teams at home twice and only once away.

It may be a good idea to seed the teams based on last seasons league standings so that 2nd plays 1st at home, 3rd plays 2nd at home. 4th plays 3rd at home, 5th plays 4th at home then 1st plays 3rd at home, 2nd plays 4th at home, 3rd plays 5th at home etc etc.

If it isn't sorted out now, I'm sure it'll come up as an unfair advantage to someone later in the season!!
Baldy

Birthday : 1908-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:48 pm

the way i took it as it was years ago 2 sections of 8 with the top 4 from each group making the first division and the bottom 4 paying each other, it does not seem that way from guideys minutes

having a ranking would be an idea as well

yes what ever is decided should be passed on to the league teams , not hear say put written down

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:38 pm

20 no competitions will be played before november, only league games. players wishing to enter competitions must play in at least 50 % of these games or listed as a sub( captains to check that players are on the premises) to make them eligible to play (this will be monitored)

i can see this rule dissapearing in the coming season just like the non fulfilment of fixture rule, this idea is going to be too hard to maintain and will be dropped
the idea of subs will be dropped as well, any player that is not included in a competition as long as they have played for that team should be a reserve but not put on the sheet as a sub, to be a sub that has not played 50% of games or turning up for a game is crazy, thats the whole idea of being a sub you canny manage all the games, is this not a social league any more

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:07 pm

1 honarariums - status quo

on the sheet that tells you what the money was spent on for the season, says honaraiums 600 put who gets what, the 3 committee members didnt miss an games last year i think so what did the reserve committee member get ?
guidy has 2 jobs tresurer, league tresurer the hardest jobs on the committee, he should get all the money, for what the reast do in a season

10 missing meeting 10, then doubled, then doubled, no loss of points now

this rule was loss of point for a reason, 2 years ago 9 teams missed a meeting last year was 5, this year will be more i bet you

8 non fulfilment of fixture 15 (not turning up)

they think they've droppped the minus a point thing, so why have 16 frames to decide the points, lets just get our best player to play for the points from each team lets cut out the middle man

21 each team will be allowed to play 2 out of district players next season, new players must apply to the league before playing

this is a rule that should allow players to be allowed from the 1st game of the season, at the agm that decides what rule we play for the new season, new players should be broat in then if teams want

its good to know what went on at this meeting, their are some points that may not be 100% clear as on the day and a couple of things missing

26 body of hall, decided that finals this year should be bid for (sealed envelopes) this has to be looked at again in november

when this idea came up i lost interest as it took so long and had arguments to it, we dinni want all the competition on the same day like other leagues i canny see the point to this, to bid on getting a final, i canny see it being more than a few pub getting finals if they have to pay

27 any team who has won a league trophy this year has been asked to bring it back in the condition that they received it in failure to do so will lead to a 10 fine or the cost to repair any damages

stoo your a bad boy

The committee did mention they were looking for a sponcer for the league or competetions, maybe for new cup's

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:55 am

7 league fees to be 160, paid by the 10th june at 8pm in the den inn

before 2008 the fees were 120, I know this cos thats what it says in the constitution, that aint been updated since.
2008 the fees went up to 130 with the competitions at 1 entry each
2009 the fees were 130 with the competition being 30 for the whole team, players could enter as many of the competions for this fee
2010 league fees went up to 160 per team for the year, the entry fee for all competitions increased to 3 each

what is the cost of league fees in other leagues ?

what is the cost to enter competitions in other leagues ?

is this the dearest league to play in ?

Last edited by STOO01 on Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:23 am

EFPL - 2009/10

Registration = 100 per team
Player Registration = 1 per player
All comps. = 2 per head
League Cup = 20 per team
Knock out cup = Free
Pub sponsorship for tourneys = 50, optional pubs that don't pay do not get comps, this is per pub not per team.

There is a proposal going in from the league treasurer to have the above increased for next season though, AGM is in August for that.

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  terry on Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:38 pm

av just read that nonsense u hav written stoo the only time i raised my hand was to propose a drink. am all for the blackball rules so u must have been looking at someone else or u hav a squint. that might explain some of ur games recently Razz

terry

Birthday : 1965-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:16 am

STOO01 wrote:
the rule to play 2 sections and then split after everyone had played each other twice then the top 8 play in division 1, this is a good idea as the top teams who ever they may be should be challenged each week to win points, if they just played the bottom teams its not so much of a challenge and little chance of them lossing,
as the question was raised to vote on the new league set up or stay the same as last year , i had a look around and terry was voting for the old rule(1 section), iwas like what you doing voting for last years rule, i had to put an end to that and vote on the new rule (2 section's and split after christmas) king

it was stated that its still a social league as it is just some teams are more social than others Wink

Surprised

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum