What happened at the A.G.M

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What happened at the A.G.M

Post  terry on Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:24 am

as i already explained the only time i raised my hand was to propose a drink. stoo u maybe thought i was voting maybe it was the drink well i had been at it all weekend thats my excuse anyway cheers!

http://levenmouth.leaguerepublic.com/DisplayFixture.do?id=11613132

terry

Birthday : 1965-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:56 am

STOO01 wrote:20 no competitions will be played before november, only league games. players wishing to enter competitions must play in at least 50 % of these games or listed as a sub( captains to check that players are on the premises) to make them eligible to play (this will be monitored)

i can see this rule dissapearing in the coming season just like the non fulfilment of fixture rule, this idea is going to be too hard to maintain and will be dropped
the idea of subs will be dropped as well, any player that is not included in a competition as long as they have played for that team should be a reserve but not put on the sheet as a sub, to be a sub that has not played 50% of games or turning up for a game is crazy, thats the whole idea of being a sub you canny manage all the games, is this not a social league any more

looking at this rule again it looks even more crazy a rule, there are 12 games till the competitions start on 11 november
so that means everyone has to play or be at a league match for 6 games or there not allowed to play in the competitions.

the team i usally play for is blazers, the first match was against Maxwells who are not in the league, i never went to the match at empire the second game so if i want in the competitions i have to be there for 6 of the next 10 games before the competitions start

the october meeting 25th i suspect would be the meeting to enter the competitions, league week 11 is after this meeting on the 28th oct.

so does that mean its 5 games you have to attend to be allowed in the competitions, who made these rules up 50%

really what a carry on its no really a solial league at all is it people want to play if they can manage, no have to play as they would if it was their work, and have to attend Rolling Eyes

I may not bother this year and wait on the committee being changed to a group of chaps that kin whats going on, say 2020 Mad

Admin

View user profile http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

presentation empire 2011

Post  STOO01 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:02 pm

no sure what happened as i was not there, as i expected the second division is no more for next year , this gives the bottom half of the table nothing to play for it was said about teams like blazers and central getting so much points money because their fixtures were easier

teams going for the first division should all have harder games to play each week as teams lower down the league will be easier to beat , last year they were all in the second division

second half buck and douglas got only 1 win each, blazers had to win 11 with central 9 wins versus lesser teams in the second division

me personaly i think this idea of the second division should have been allowed for another season , maybe with a little less points money , hopefully blazers can climb a little higher up the league this year maybe top 5

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MEATHEAD on Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:14 am

stoo the split is still in place. the league well get played how it got done last year, a split at half way, but money wont be based on points, money will be on where u finish in league.

each player in the league is aloud 1 transfer up until the meetin at end of november (gives player a chance to play for someone else if he has moved team and not get on with them, or any fall outs)

each team is aloud to transfer 2 players up until meetin at end of november, capped at 2 to stop half a team going to someone if they havent started season good.

fines for not turning up at meets will be a straight 20 pound, and it wont get doubled.

thats about it really, not much changed, plenty arguing tho Laughing

oh and they league have very kindly offered to pay half of our entry fees in to super 11s and super 15s events.

MEATHEAD

Birthday : 1986-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:33 am

I asked lav on wednesday what changes happened at the agm he said there was no second division , what a cock he is he couldni tell me any thing except about the missing a meeting thing which involved him, he said if you miss a meeting for the second time you lose a point

transfers, well it might work , spencer making a return to the league is he

i take it the league will hand out a record of what happened at the agm like last year, minutes of agm

well half for the spa events is better than nothing

what about the final venues ?

competitions still all at once ?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MEATHEAD on Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:26 am

lac was blootered at the meetin, puttin his hand up for anythng lol. na no points of for missin meetins.

finals venues still to be decided, plus wont be doing tournaments at once which gave us a 7 weeks without league game

MEATHEAD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Skinzer on Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:07 pm

I heard that the Swan in kennoway were wanting into the league. Nothing stated at the AGM, only recently. Perhaps the committee should be using the website for a form of communication as its ludicrous just now. confused confused confused

Skinzer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:15 am

Skinzer wrote:I heard that the Swan in kennoway were wanting into the league. Nothing stated at the AGM, only recently. Perhaps the committee should be using the website for a form of communication as its ludicrous just now. confused confused confused

yes , i heard swan wanted in last christmas to replace maxwells, but nothing happened

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Skinzer on Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:11 pm

The Denn Inn have another team entered as well. That was brought up @ the meeting + went through with no objections.

Skinzer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Minutes from 2011 AGM

Post  STOO01 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:32 am

AGM Minutes 5/6/2011 - was it held in Empire and they never entered a team

1. Committee - Status Quo
2. Den Inn 'B to be allowed into the league as a new team
3. League Fees - Status Quo (160)
4. Competition Fees - Status Quo (3 Per Head)
5. Fines - Missing a Meeting 20 Per Meeting
6. Fines - (all the rest) Status Quo
7. League rules for next season to be kept as Blackball Rules
8. Points - Status Quo
9. League Set Up - Status Quo , with placement money coming in
10. Out of District Players - Status Quo
11. Players still have to play a percentage of games before being allowed to take part in league competitions
12. The league will affilate to the SPA for next season
13. The body of the hall agreed that the league should pay half of the feed for the spa 11 man and 15 man events for next season
14. If tables are not fit to play on, the chairman of the league must be phoned to take a look at the table (8.00pm)
15. League Finals to be looked at again in November
16. 100 Ball Rules - Status Quo
17. Team Sheets to be filled in by 8.30pm (all names playing in the first set , plus all substitutes)
18. If a team has only 7 Players, then these 7 players have to be listed 1-7 with game 8 being left blank
19. Competitions are to be spread throughout the season and not have a group of them all together
20. The body of the hall decided that a lag should be used in all the games played in league matches (16 lags)
21. No time clock to be used this season, it is to be left up to the refereed disrection
22. There is to be no change in the league bounderies
23. Doubles and 3 man team competitions set up - Status Quo
24. Spotted whites can be used to play in games as long as both players agree before the start of the game
25. A transfer window is to be used this year, each player can make 1 move as long as it is done by the 28th november (must be done at a monthly league meeting) each team is only allowed to take a maximum of 2 players
26. A Mcwilliams asked the body of the hall if it would be okay for him to move teams for this years summer cup under special circumstances as his mother is now the owner of the douglas arms and that he will be working in the pub on a daily bases, the body of the hall agreed that this could be done as a one off
27. League Fees to be paid at the den inn at 7.30pm on the 16th of june

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:42 am

20. The body of the hall decided that a lag should be used in all the games played in league matches (16 lags)

played the brig last night playing all the frames , i feel the reason the match went on till 11.45 was the lad after every frame carry on
or it might have been peem's re-rack v rab clark and jim lothians last frame v sean

some games struggle to get the frames in each week and we bring this delay in to the watches , next they'll be calling for timed games (thats a carry on and not needed, cut out all the things we don't need)

bring back one lag

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MEATHEAD on Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:06 am

YAWN!!!!!!! it takes about 5 seconds to lag stoo. your talkin less than 2 minutes added on to the night. you really are in the anti pool crew now, you should maybe get a transfer to molly malones

MEATHEAD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Baldy on Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:01 am

Good to see our attitude has the desired impact !

the bird Wink
Baldy

Birthday : 1908-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:51 am

thats a Bite i wilni be using the transfer carry on rule , laging each time and transfers, they must have been your ideas i take it that your defending them

2. Den Inn 'B to be allowed into the league as a new team

i take it the swan and auld hoose buckhaven were added to the league after the AGM

9. League Set Up - Status Quo , with placement money coming in

how exactly does this work then , will teams get more or less money with way , like if the league winners win all there games, will having a placement of first mean winning the league is capped to a certain amount of money

11. Players still have to play a percentage of games before being allowed to take part in league competitions

why not just tell us how much of a percentage , why have this rule is it just to bam players up

14. If tables are not fit to play on, the chairman of the league must be phoned to take a look at the table (8.00pm)

so if the game starts and you find a problem with the table what happens then

23. Doubles and 3 man team competitions set up - Status Quo

i don't see that having 2 seperate competition on the same day is better , they added games to the 3 man team to make it longer if they added this with a semi-finals of the competition on finals day it would have lasted longer

if the doubles semi-final had best of 5 and final 7 or 9 it would have been a lot longer

24. Spotted whites can be used to play in games as long as both players agree before the start of the game

canny see the point in this , i'll be playing with a normal white baw

25. A transfer window is to be used this year, each player can make 1 move as long as it is done by the 28th november (must be done at a monthly league meeting) each team is only allowed to take a maximum of 2 players

what , this isni the premiership , we will have transfer fee's next , the only reason to have transfers is if you fall out with people in the team, spencer isni playing is he

26. A Mcwilliams asked the body of the hall if it would be okay for him to move teams for this years summer cup under special circumstances as his mother is now the owner of the douglas arms and that he will be working in the pub on a daily bases, the body of the hall agreed that this could be done as a one off

i've already said this should not have happened , the reason given is he may be working in the douglas , well so what other people work on a thursday and can't play for anyone

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MEATHEAD on Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:57 am

the transfer rule was my idea.

what if a player falls out with there team or has moved to a team and decides he doesnt like it, surely tht player should still be aloud to play pool. come on stoo were tryin to get boys to keep playin, not stop them. they shouldnt be forced to play for the team they have fell out with or stop playing till the next season. and the transfer deadline is last meetin november, you really need to pipe doon, making big deals out of nothing

as for your other arguments against other things, go to the bloody meetin, diny just come on here n slag all the rules, a wanted things changed so a went to meetin and said what i had to say, a lot of things got thrown out but thats the way it goes.

your obviously not interested in the pool on thursday, well some people are.

MEATHEAD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

minutes of the AGM

Post  STOO01 on Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:22 am

Why has there not been a copy of the minutes from the AGM ?
It is of interest to all teams , the rule changes from the previous season,
adding new rules to the constitution does not tell teams what happened at the AGM
the minutes were handed to teams for season 2010/11 and 2011/12 but not since, teams should bring this up at the next monthly meeting
it just seems if the committee can get away with not doing something they will
the committee get payed for running the league and informing the teams of new rules that have been introduced
come on rules are rules tell everyone about them, when updated

so the league will be split after Christmas, how was this decided ? it was not brought up at the AGM in fact what was brought up

last season the competition entry was dropped from 3 to 2 , at the 1st meeting of that season the captains were asking about when did this change

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:05 am

looking at the fixture list and meeting's it was said that the monthly meeting would be held every 2 months ,is this just a mistake on the sheet or is the committee doing what they want

so the finals will be held on two days Saturday and Sunday ? , I take it the presentation will be on the sunday (guess) as their is no mension of a presentation on the sheet

AGM should be changed to nearer the time when the league is about to start say early August , teams would know if they have a team or not

3 rounds for doubles and singles !
singles competition best of 5 frames I remember that from the AGM but little else

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:19 pm

if you enter and qualify for the 3 man team final you play the second round on the 20 February and if your team remembers their in it they play on the 14/15 june , just 4 months later
you canny start the competition any earlier as their will be a build up of fixtures

captain vice captain competition starts on 19 March with the final on june 14/15 3 months later

having to wait 1 or 2 months for a final is long enough , bring back the final's day for each competition I say
having all the finals on the same day means if you qualify for the final you must have that date in june free no holidays booked for then most people go on holiday at this time
if their is individual finals they are not all played at important times of the year (summer)

why is their no mention of the presentation

pool meetings was voted for every 2 months, this could not happen as teams need to enter competitions , competitions start in October so to enter the committee need names for September having had a meeting in august

Admin

Back to top Go down

consitution updates

Post  STOO01 on Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:50 pm

Changes to constitution 22/6/14
1 Committee - Status Quo
2 Honourariums - Status Quo
3 Teams in League - capped at 16 (only 11 entered)
4 League Fees - Status Quo (150)
5 Competition Fees - Status Quo
6 Match Format - 8 singles & 4 Scotch doubles
7 Fines - Status Quo
8 Out of District Players for League Games - Status Quo
9 Out of District Players for 100 Ball - 2 Maximum to Play on Night
10 Out of District Players for Singles - Unrestricted - All can play
11 Out of District Players for Doubles - Unrestricted - All can play
12 Out of District Players for 3 Man Team - (per team) if three to be
in a team, one must be not be played, but used as a sub (2 out of
district to play with 1 local player)
13 Out of District Player for Summer Cup - Unrestricted
14 Summer Cup Format - Status Quo (2 sets of 5 Singles)
15 Summer Cup Starts on Thursday 3rd July
16 League Starts on Thusday 21st August
17 Players Have to Play a Percentage of all Games (including
competitions) Before Being Allowed to Take Part in League
Competitions.
18 Competitions - Capt/Vice Capt & Seniors to be Played on
Wednesdays
19 Finals Day will Consist of Semi-Finals and Finals for Singles, Doubles
& 3 Man Team Competitions
20 Finals Day for 100 Ball to be Seperate from other Finals
21 Presentation of Trophies to be at end of Finals Day
22 Letters to Call an SGM must Detail Which Rule is to be Changed