Kingdom Cup 11-Man Team Event

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kingdom Cup 11-Man Team Event

Post  mike on Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:37 am

The Kingdom Cup 11-man Team Event
is organised & run by East Fife Pool League
This one day event is held every year at STYX POOL BAR in Glenrothes (this year its on Sunday the 3rd October 2010 )
Its played by 11man teams made up from the leagues in Fife, like Kirkcaldy, Cowdenbeath, Dunfermline, etc
Each team is drawn in a group and play a round robin format
so your guaranteed at least 4 team matches, before the knockout stages
This is always a great day, a lot of passion, a lot of laughs and a lot of drink lol

And for the First time Levenmouth have entered this year

There are a lot of good players in Levenmouth Pool league,
so we could get a really good team together, and do some damage,

So if anyone wants to play, put your name here
if any captains want to propose a player, put his name here
or if you just want to say the 11 players you think should be in the team, feel free to stick their names on here,

mike

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kingdom Cup 11-Man Team Event

Post  mike on Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:28 am

The Kingdom Cup was won this year by Dunfermline

Levenmouths finest were playing in this event for the 1st time on sunday
and they equiped themselves very well
The team was
Mike McHale, Gary "Gabs" Brunton, Pete Simpson, Martin McLean (Den Inn)
Alan "bundy" McWilliams, Scott Wedderburn, Paul Cheny, Kev Corcoran, Stevie Haswell (Brig)
Rab McGregor (Molly malones)
Joe Buchan (Douglas) Thank you Joe for all your help getting this organised

we were in what was probably the toughest group of 5 teams
and played well to beat Arbroath 6-5
we then beat the Scottish Ladies International team 10-1
then it was the A team from East Fife league who we beat 7-4 to come second in our group behind Kirkcaldy
That was good enough to get us into the play offs, but a narrow loss 6-4 to midlothian saw us go out, with our heads still held high
This is a tough event with lots of Quality players, and to get winning stats over 50% is an achievement in itself,
so well done to
Rab McGregor, Stevie Haswell an Mike McHale who all had a magnificent 80% win rate
and Alan McWilliams, Gabs, Martin McLean and Scott Wedderburn who all had a very respectable 60% win rate
Well done to all
No reason why we cant go further next time

mike

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:16 am

So come on the rest of Leven get ur sells involved in representing ur league in Future events coming up.

The East Fife team that we beat got to the semi final of the Scottish super 11's at Craig Tara back in February, so I am sure that an even better Leven team can be assembled that can match that feat or better.

If u see any of the above players around ask them what it was like playing in this event, they will all be itching to get back and do it again I can guarantee that.

The top 5 teams in this league especially should be putting a lot of players forward for future Super 11, Super 15, Kingdom cup etc etc, but players from any team can put their name in the hat to be considered, there is no limit to how many teams can be entered from each member league, unless event is full up, a year past February the Dunfermline league had 6 teams in the Super 11 "B" event at Pettycur Bay.

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:34 am

so its being called levenmouth with players from Den Inn and Brig making up the team

not any from auld hoose, Argyle, 1 from molly malones, all the league teams have their own super star what happened , poor turn out

Admin

View user profile http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  mike on Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:35 pm

Yes your right Stoo
But read the first post where i asked captains or players from Levenmouth to to put their names forward
Then check how many names were put forward, NOT ONE NAME
THATS What Happened !!!!!!!!!!!!
So your right, poor show from them

But a Fantastic show from the guys that could be bothered representing Levenmouth
Well done lads you done Levenmouth proud

mike

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:21 am

Very disappointed with ur post Stoo lad,

This was open to all the players in the league to put their name forward to play, if enough boys had shown an interest 2 or 3 teams could have entered Exclamation But alas as Mike said no one posted to show an interest, but Mike did manage to get eleven boys to gether for the tourney even adding 2 at the last minute when boys could not b arsed to turn up. So hats off and a big round of applause to the boys that did put the effort in and played, the did very well indeed.

So instead of knocking get on board and spread the word around and get boys interested for future events. So far the response has been dismal from the Levenmouth league as far as IM's and Super 11 / 15 teams are concerned, so don't hide behind the keyboard get out there and get the whole league to move forward to gether and put Levenmounth on the map as far as pool is concerned, it can be done Very Happy

Again here is a chance for all players to put there name forward to represent the Levenmouth League or just play for themselves in the IM events, so to enter or get more info contact one of the following:-

Brian Thomson (brig) - 07791 216832

Alan McWilliams (brig) - 07961 741453

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:36 am

na you,ve got me wrong joe

I pointed out it was Brig and Den Inn and not much from any where else, I was getting on to the other teams in the league, do people from central, buck, argyle, auld hoose, empire, railway think to themselves "I,m no going, there will be enough good players and I won't get a game"
even if people don't play they can get an idea of what's going on and take in and get used to the atmosphere

If people are giving up there time to organise a team like this I'm all for it

Admin

View user profile http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:08 am

Good to know that u r onside then Stoo, thought u were having a go, sorry amigo.

U r 100% right though other teams and players need to get themselves included in this type of thing, it is not all about the best players, yes for an "A" team you want to enter the best team possible team from ur league, but after that a league can apply to enter as many "B" teams as they want, thus involving any player that wants to take up the challenge.

Looking around this league the now I don't see any reason that 3 teams of 12 can't be entered for the super 11's in February / March, 1 x "A" plus 2 x "B" teams, even more if enough boys throw their hat in the ring, the recent Kingdom Cup shows what can be done.

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top