Weekly Pridictions

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Weekly Pridictions

Post  STOO01 on Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:18 pm

last week was a bit of a strange one 1 correct, 3 correct score and 3 wrong anyways can i have a bet on the douglas v brig game it wont be 6-5 to the douglas i can see why you posted to win as its a bit negative to post a defeat but your kidding your sell really anyway this weeks predictions.

Argyle Bar 3 - 8 Blazers / lost there last season is the table any better ?
Auld Hoose Windygates 8 - 3 Empire Bar / dont know who plays for empire but the ahw r a good team
Den Inn 7 - 4 Auld Hoose Buckhaven / den at home to win v an average ahb i think
Douglas Arms 3 - 8 Brig Tavern / cant c anything other than an easy brig win
Kirkland Bar 5 - 6 Sunbeam / played kirkland already no impressed beam to sneak it
Station 4 - 7 Buck'n'Hynd / station dont have enough good players in the squad of 14,buck to win
Windsor 8 - 3 Maxwells / surprised they lost to buck last week but will be to good for maxwells

toll still no points after week 6 lucky there aint relegation, come nearer the end of season the teams going for the league are gonna have to play your toll bars and kirkland what pointless fixtures if they turn up eh like last season .they should be put into another league to play teams they have a chance against and let the teams at the top playing each other for the title. this idea was voted against at the agm cos someone fi the empire etc said the smaller teams can beat the big teams "MY ARSE" ya bawbag

Admin

View user profile http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Show on Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:48 am

STOO01 wrote: toll still no points after week 6 lucky there aint relegation, come nearer the end of season the teams going for the league are gonna have to play your toll bars and kirkland what pointless fixtures if they turn up eh like last season .they should be put into another league to play teams they have a chance against and let the teams at the top playing each other for the title. this idea was voted against at the agm cos someone fi the empire etc said the smaller teams can beat the big teams "MY ARSE" ya bawbag

am wiv u stoo possibly the best comment av read on the forum, 2 divisions is the definate future for the leven league and if u wer 2 ask the the majority of league players and not just the men who gave us fire they wud agree
Big Show

Birthday : 1984-03-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean on Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:58 am

Bundy wrote:
STOO01 wrote: toll still no points after week 6 lucky there aint relegation, come nearer the end of season the teams going for the league are gonna have to play your toll bars and kirkland what pointless fixtures if they turn up eh like last season .they should be put into another league to play teams they have a chance against and let the teams at the top playing each other for the title. this idea was voted against at the agm cos someone fi the empire etc said the smaller teams can beat the big teams "MY ARSE" ya bawbag

am wiv u stoo possibly the best comment av read on the forum, 2 divisions is the definate future for the leven league and if u wer 2 ask the the majority of league players and not just the men who gave us fire they wud agree

Well said that man cheers cheers cheers cheers

Sean

Birthday : 1988-07-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:33 am

bullseye0 wrote:
joebuck wrote:Another good week at the tipping:- 1 wrong, 4 correct and 2 spot on. Only the Windsor numpties let me doon.

next week:-

Argyle Bar 3 - 8 Blazers
Auld Hoose Windygates 7 - 4 Empire Bar
Den Inn 6 - 5 Auld Hoose Buckhaven
Douglas Arms 6 - 5 Brig Tavern
Kirkland Bar 3 - 8 Sunbeam
Station 7 - 4 Buck'n'Hynd
Windsor 6 - 5 Maxwells

What I can't understand is why Joe predicts the brig to lose by a team confused confused confused confused who have NO hope of winnin the league
and bearing in mind that the brig are on course for a 5TH straight league title. Were you drunk drunken drunken drunken drunken when you gave those predictions mate???????? Try to be realistic and copy Stoo and Beardys tips Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Noo where did I say anything about winning the league Question But I think we could have a chance of beating anyone on our day, but alas we could probably lose to anyone when it is not our day, so will stick to the tip as I have been on a good tipster run the last couple o weeks Exclamation Idea

Last edited by joebuck on Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:39 am

STOO01 wrote:last week was a bit of a strange one 1 correct, 3 correct score and 3 wrong anyways can i have a bet on the douglas v brig game it wont be 6-5 to the douglas i can see why you posted to win as its a bit negative to post a defeat but your kidding your sell really anyway this weeks predictions.

Argyle Bar 3 - 8 Blazers / lost there last season is the table any better ?
Auld Hoose Windygates 8 - 3 Empire Bar / dont know who plays for empire but the ahw r a good team
Den Inn 7 - 4 Auld Hoose Buckhaven / den at home to win v an average ahb i think
Douglas Arms 3 - 8 Brig Tavern / cant c anything other than an easy brig win
Kirkland Bar 5 - 6 Sunbeam / played kirkland already no impressed beam to sneak it
Station 4 - 7 Buck'n'Hynd / station dont have enough good players in the squad of 14,buck to win
Windsor 8 - 3 Maxwells / surprised they lost to buck last week but will be to good for maxwells

toll still no points after week 6 lucky there aint relegation, come nearer the end of season the teams going for the league are gonna have to play your toll bars and kirkland what pointless fixtures if they turn up eh like last season .they should be put into another league to play teams they have a chance against and let the teams at the top playing each other for the title. this idea was voted against at the agm cos someone fi the empire etc said the smaller teams can beat the big teams "MY ARSE" ya bawbag

No saying anything for or against your idea Stoo, but this was tried last season in Glenrothes and was not to popular for whatever reason and is back to straight home and away for this year again, so even if Leven does give it a go it might not be to everyone's liking Question

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:44 am

Bundy wrote:

This may sound a good idea and would be up for it for a try, but the negatives are with a league of only 8 you would need to play each other 4 times to make a season, teams may become bored with this Question Then when the Brig wins the league again, what else will you want to try Question

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Show on Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:44 am

joebuck wrote:
Bundy wrote:

This may sound a good idea and would be up for it for a try, but the negatives are with a league of only 8 you would need to play each other 4 times to make a season, teams may become bored with this Question Then when the Brig wins the league again, what else will you want to try Question

not at all joe same format home/away more competitions league cup/knockout sheild all comps on a thursday no sunday finals the possibilities r endless!
and 4 me 1st in a league of 8 is better than 9th in a league of 16 don't u think
Big Show

Birthday : 1984-03-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:53 pm

Bundy wrote:
joebuck wrote:
Bundy wrote:

not at all joe same format home/away more competitions league cup/knockout sheild all comps on a thursday no sunday finals the possibilities r endless!
and 4 me 1st in a league of 8 is better than 9th in a league of 16 don't u think

Yes, all that sounds very fine indeed, but we had all these ideas banded about on the forum all last year and alas not much was changed when the AGM came around Question

But that is all good what you r suggesting Idea

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean on Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:24 am

joebuck wrote:
bullseye0 wrote:
joebuck wrote:Another good week at the tipping:- 1 wrong, 4 correct and 2 spot on. Only the Windsor numpties let me doon.

next week:-

Argyle Bar 3 - 8 Blazers
Auld Hoose Windygates 7 - 4 Empire Bar
Den Inn 6 - 5 Auld Hoose Buckhaven
Douglas Arms 6 - 5 Brig Tavern
Kirkland Bar 3 - 8 Sunbeam
Station 7 - 4 Buck'n'Hynd
Windsor 6 - 5 Maxwells

What I can't understand is why Joe predicts the brig to lose by a team confused confused confused confused who have NO hope of winnin the league
and bearing in mind that the brig are on course for a 5TH straight league title. Were you drunk drunken drunken drunken drunken when you gave those predictions mate???????? Try to be realistic and copy Stoo and Beardys tips Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Noo where did I say anything about winning the league Question But I think we could have a chance of beating anyone on our day, but alas we could probably lose to anyone when it is not our day, so will stick to the tip as I have been on a good tipster run the last couple o weeks Exclamation Idea

Ok Joe sorry for the unneccessary criticisim and I do admire your enthusiasm. Cool Cool Cool Cool

Sean

Birthday : 1988-07-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:36 am

anyway ya bawbags this is the prediction section so get predicting clown

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:23 am

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:01 am

Well what can i say im good real good last weeks prediction i got them all correct (7) and 2 exact scores.

Auld Hoose Buckhaven 7 v 4 Kirkland Bar /home win versus the young team
Blazers 8 v 3 Den Inn /a few old den players in the blazers squad,blazers looking to keep 100%
Brig Tavern 6 v 5 Auld Hoose Windygates /fixture of the week for me could go either way
Buck'n'Hynd 7 v 4 Douglas Arms /home venue for both but buck hitting a bit form
Maxwells 5 v 6 Argyle Bar /argyle had some no bad players v us so argyle to edge it
Sunbeam 4 v 7 Windsor /windsor a steady team will be tough at the beam tho
Toll Bar 3 v 8 Empire Bar /dont know if the toll will ever score points not here i think
VOID v Station

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:05 am

last week 2 exact scores, 2 correct (4), and 3 wrong.

Argyle Bar 7v4 Empire Bar / argyle seem to be slacking recently, empire are either good or bad
Auld Hoose Windygates 7v4 Maxwells / maxwells been getting good results recently but ahw to good
Douglas Arms 6v5 Sunbeam / beam r a tough team to beat but just at home, douglas to win
Kirkland Bar 3v8 Buck'n'Hynd / this wont be close kirkland seem lost of ideas in these games
Station 8v3 Auld Hoose Buckhaven / station to return to action with a easy win
Toll Bar 2v9 Blazers / hate predicting my own team but i think we should be good enough to win
Windsor 4v7 Brig Tavern / i was thinking the brig had a couple of tough games last week v ahw but they had no bother beating them and this week v a out of form windsor well in the last few weeks they have been.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard on Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:26 am

well ive had a couple o weeks off tae give ye's a chance of doin better than me at the predicting game... lol!

Argyle Bar 6v5 Empire Bar - Has the potentail to be pretty tight here, giving home advantage tho, espeially if the tables still the same.
Auld Hoose Windygates 8v3 Maxwells - stronger team wins
Douglas Arms 7v4 Sunbeam - gotta agree wi stoo that the beam can play well, but they are pretty inconsistent
Kirkland Bar 3v8 Buck'n'Hynd - the buck back on the up.
Station 6v5 Auld Hoose Buckhaven - who knows eh? should be a station win, but its hard to be certain about any result there
Toll Bar 2v9 Blazers - I liked it better when my team was above Blazers, ah how it seems so long ago... hehe
Windsor 4v7 Brig Tavern - Winnie not likely to do the job here, hope im wrong though, i'd like to see them win tae rock the boat a wee bit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard on Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:03 am

5 right 2 correct scores. No too bad, surprised at the douglas losing as well as the argyll, i guess the empire really are a pretty random team.

ok this weeks lot...

AHBK 6-5 Maxwells - Tight game either way, but im giving this one to home advantage.
Blazers 9 - 2 Beam - The Beam are pretty pants away from home usually... and Blazers seem much the more consistant team.
Buck 6-5 Empire - Who knows what empire will turn up? but i'm gonna go with the buck to edge it.
Den 5-6 Windsor - Ive re-thought this twice, the Den are above the winnie, but i think the Windsor could level the points this week.
Kirkland 4-7 Argyll - Argyll back to winning ways this week. The Kirkland having only won 1 game so far.
Station 6-5 AHwg - Some of ye's will be saying "aye right" tae this but we beat a strong Ahwg team in the summer league, may have been the only team to do so??? so i think we're in with a shout of scraping this one.
Toll 4-7 Douglas - The Toll are the only other team with one win, so i'm backing the Douglas for this one.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:53 am

i thought i had already predicted this weeks results must have forgot is that another week past already. it seems its just you and me redbeard thats predicting, the rest must know were the best at this anyways Laughing well some weeks cos last week i wiz average 4 correct and 1 exact with 2 wrong but who had argyle to lose to empire at home.

AHBK 5 - 6 Maxwells - been impressed wi maxwells recent results dont know much aboub ahb
Blazers 8 - 3 Beam - the kennoway chaps r hot or cold hopefully there freezing tomorrow
Buck 7 - 4 Empire - only heard of two players for the empire (and so what 2 aint a team)
Den 6 - 5 Windsor - was impressed wi the team the den had when they last visited the funner but we won in the end, windsor seem a bit disappointing this season look a good squad 8 every week eh no excuses.
Kirkland 3 - 8 Argyll - argyle have a solid team but not getting the wins like last season will win easy tho
Station 4 - 7 AHwg - canny see the station pulling of what i think would be a shock win
Toll 4 - 7 Douglas - i think the table is dodgy douglas will have to play well to beat them after we found it tough in last weeks game up there.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:23 am

Keep forgettin about this

Auld Hoose Buckhaven 5 - 6 Maxwells
Blazers 6 - 5 Sunbeam
Buck'n'Hynd 5 - 6 Empire Bar
Den Inn 5 - 6 Windsor
Kirkland Bar 2 - 9 Argyle Bar
Station 4 - 7 Auld Hoose Windygates
Toll Bar 5 - 6 Douglas Arms, might scrape a win with our top man in Salou, need to get back on track somewhere

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:49 am

No league for a couple of weeks 3 correct 1 exact score and 3 wrong last week. Toll bar was a shock i think.the AHB and the windsor were the other 2 i had wrong.
30 October Brig v Blazers

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard on Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:19 am

Ok gonnae hae a go at predicting the 100 ball, obviously the scores can be a bit of a lucky bag but i'm having a go to the nearest 10... anybody else fancy a go? if no this fixture the next one...

Group 1
Kirkland 30-100 AHWg Despite the sh**ty table the AHwg should walk this one.
Toll Bar 70-100 Station Toll Bar have a lot more experience on us here, but we have some good potters, JA should see us stretch by the toll.

Group 2
Argyll 100-95 Buck Tight game here im sure, home advantage will take it.
Blazers 100-80 Den Inn Den shouldnt be a walkover but i reckon Blazers got this one covered, i know Bambii is a big fan o this one

Group 3
Maxwell 70-100 Windsor Tiny table could play a factor here, but the Winnie have better potters

Group 4
Sunbeam 100-90 AHBk Tight game here im sure. Beam the better team by about 10-15 balls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:33 am

Argyle Bar 7v4 Station / after the league break argyle should be back to winning ways
Auld Hoose Windygates 7v4 Den Inn / a couple of decent teams close one to call
Brig Tavern 5v6 Blazers / no idea what the score will be i've got to go for an away win (liverpool can do it)
Douglas Arms 8v3 Kirkland Bar / douglas back home should be full of confidence
Empire Bar 7v4 Auld Hoose Buckhaven / another team playing there 1st match at home should win
Sunbeam 6v5 Buck'n'Hynd / another close fixture this week kennoway fortress
Windsor 8v3 Toll Bar / easy win at home

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:49 pm

Back to league duty so will have another go at this.

Argyle Bar 6 - 5 Station
Auld Hoose Windygates 6 - 5 Den Inn
Brig Tavern 5 - 6 Blazers
Douglas Arms 6 - 5 Kirkland Bar
Empire Bar 7 - 4 Auld Hoose Buckhaven
Sunbeam 7 - 4 Buck'n'Hynd
Windsor 8 - 3 Toll Bar

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:21 am

Well good tipping from me last week:- 1 wrong, 4 correct and 2 spot on, next week:-

Auld Hoose Buckhaven 2 - 9 Brig Tavern
Blazers 7 - 4 Empire Bar
Buck'n'Hynd 7 - 4 Maxwells
Den Inn 5 - 6 Douglas Arms
Kirkland Bar 1 - 10 Auld Hoose Windygates
Station 4 - 7 Windsor
Toll Bar 3 - 8 Argyle Bar

Hard to get the spot on's right in this league with so many games getting chucked once a team hits the 6.

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:59 am

i had the same record as you joe last week 4 correct, 2 exact scores and the ahw v den (6-2 singles) result wrong nobody predicted that one.

Auld Hoose Buckhaven 3-8 Brig Tavern / brig will stroll this one
Blazers 7-4 Empire Bar / we should have a team for this one
Buck'n'Hynd 8-3 Maxwells / home team should win easy
Den Inn 7-4 Douglas Arms / den seem to be getting a regular team each week
Kirkland Bar 3-8 Auld Hoose Windygates / kirklands captain wanted a transfer,more suffering this week
Station 2-9 Windsor / windsor should be ok for a win
Toll Bar 4-7 Argyle Bar / toll table is slow but the argyle r used to rubbish tables

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:46 am

Top week on the prediction front:- 5 correct teams plus 2 spot on.

Pity the enjoyment was not there this week at the Dirty Denn. What a night seems these guys are like this all the time lead by the old geezer wi the white beard, apparantly he has something to do with the league committee Question God help the league Exclamation Exclamation Evil or Very Mad

First he tells a Douglas player to shut up or he will award 2 shots for saying (think about it) while another Douglas player was thinking about what shot to play Question

Secondly after a Denn player had thrown his cue onto the table because he thought he had potted the black to lose game, he says the ref is in charge play on as the Douglas players were trying to claim the frame as a concession Question

Thirdly he calls a Douglas ref a cheating Bastard after a foul is called against the Denn as they pot black.

So when he is refing the ref is in charge and any rule can be applied, but when someone else is refing they are not is charge Question

Quote from the last paragraph of rules printed on this website:-

(t) Players and non-players must respect the referee, other teams and venues. No
abusive language or actions will be tolerated. The committee will impose disciplinary
sanctions as deemed necessary under the constitution.

So according to this quote he completly broke this rule and he showed no respect whatsoever for the Douglas ref Exclamation Exclamation

Anyway onto next weeks predictions:-

Argyle Bar 5 -6 Den Inn
Brig Tavern 8 - 3 Buck'n'Hynd
Douglas Arms 7 - 4 Station
Maxwells 3 - 8 Blazers
Sunbeam 6 - 5 Auld Hoose Buckhaven
Toll Bar 3 - 8 Auld Hoose Windygates
Windsor 10 - 1 Kirkland Bar

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:29 am

if the balls havent stopped moving and u put ur cue on the table thats a loss of frame FOR SURE......rarely see this happen tho.
same rules for ALL even if u are on the committee.......funny that he told you's he would award 2 shots for sayin (think about it) ive seen the den inn do a hell of a lot worse and not had a warning before in the past Wink

might get some arguments here but against the brig the other week in the doubles especially when they needed all 3 to beat us i noticed deek (the brains o the team) and also frape standin up and whenever they werent in a good position to win the frame the players actually playing in the doubles were always standing in front of either 1 of them so they could get advice...... no complainin tho Wink Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top