100 Ball Group Stages

View previous topic View next topic Go down

100 Ball Group Stages

Post  STOO01 on Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:59 am

100 ball group stage 1 to qualify from each group. games to be played Thurday 17 February 2011 / Thurday 3 March 2011 / Thurday 17 March 2011 / the Semi-final Thursday 14 April and final Sunday 24 April

Section 1
Railway Tavern
Den Inn
Tower Bar
Brig Tavern

Section 2
Molly Malones
Auld Hoose
Blazers
Empire

Section 3
Kirkland Bar
Argyll Bar
Douglas Arms
Buck'n'Hynd

Section 4
Station
Sunbeam
Central

fixtures, league tables, results
http://levenmouth.leaguerepublic.com/ProcessPublicSelect.do?psSelectedSeason=917927&psSelectedDivision=6104444&psSelectedLeague=7559313

Last edited by STOO01 on Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin

View user profile http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

100 ball rules

Post  STOO01 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:38 am

does anyone know the rules for this season in the 100 ball
blazers played empire last night with the two captains unable to agree on what rules we should be playing

we eventually played the blackball rules hitting a cushion after playing an object ball or potting one
playing 3 points of for a foul but this was later cancilled and we had to play to 109

captains goto the meeting so the team know of any changes in the rules Suspect

i take it this was changed because you can now pick up the white if after a foul your not happy with what your left with, in my oppinion both should have been used , they will be in the 75 baw (minus 5 for a foul, move white after a foul)

it was close for a bid in the game versus empire 50 odd each then blazers pulled away, there was a scare for blazers as fleming was to play but could not be found he was in the street at the back of the pub, he was found and play went on with players winning 109 - 69 or without the 3 points for a foul 100 - 66

Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: 100 Ball Group Stages

Post  Big Show on Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:19 am

sorry stoo but u cant lift the cue ball after a foul u must play from where the balls rest !!!!!! if a foul is committed then -3 is the ONLY penalty

Birthday : 1984-03-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:58 am

Bundy wrote:sorry stoo but u cant lift the cue ball after a foul u must play from where the balls rest !!!!!! if a foul is committed then -3 is the ONLY penalty

so it is still minus 3 points no one could tell us the rules last night No

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  terry on Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:24 pm

argyle played the kirkland last thursday started of 8 players each kirkland then had player go home so left them with 7 players. surely the game should have been awarded to the argyle. but no the phone call was made and they were allowed to put a sub in absolute disgrace Evil or Very Mad get this nonsense sorted out quicksticks. when have u ever played with 7 players or even played with subs its a total joke. come on chairman do the right thing and award the game to the mighty gyle. Suspect

terry

Birthday : 1965-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:38 am

If it helps Terry I will tell u what happened at our 100 ball match.

B & B turned up with only 7 players, the B & B offered the match to the Douglas cause the rules state that 8 players are required, but a compromise was reached between the 2 captains, so the match went ahead with the the B & B having 7 players and the Douglas 8, so the Douglas got 8 visits to the B & B's 7.

Everyone seemed to be happy with it Exclamation

Maybe the same scenario could have been used at ur match Question

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:54 am

joebuck wrote:If it helps Terry I will tell u what happened at our 100 ball match.

B & B turned up with only 7 players, the B & B offered the match to the Douglas cause the rules state that 8 players are required, but a compromise was reached between the 2 captains, so the match went ahead with the the B & B having 7 players and the Douglas 8, so the Douglas got 8 visits to the B & B's 7.

Everyone seemed to be happy with it Exclamation

Maybe the same scenario could have been used at ur match Question

this game should have been 100-0 to douglas , argyle game, canny see why a team can play a sub in the 100 ball after it starts this must be a new rule , in years gone by 100-0 to argyle

there should have been a sheet with all these new rules given to all the teams at the start of the competition, we canny realy what the captains say for the rules

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:29 am

Stoo clown

The game was offered to the Douglas captain, if he accepted it it would have been 100 - 0, but he decided to play the match, what's wrong with that Question

Some people / teams would rather play than take a victory, so the match was played with the B & B under a handicap, everyone was happy Very Happy

Maybe somewhere down the line the Douglas will be in the same boat, let's hope the team we are playing are as sporting as we were Exclamation

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:04 am

Joe geek you boys only played cos you thought youz would win with a player more, if you boys wanted to play a match being fair you boys should have played with 7 like the buck

I agree about playing the match its a social evening but not having a team is a carry on in the 100 ball it used to be game straight away, i played in matches with 7 players with 2 visits for our team its not enjoyable

this is the 100 ball competition not the league were you can start with less than 8 players and start with players names down on the sheet, as long as they arrive by a set time
if it was the doubles on 3 man team then the team is out

we were at home to the central after christmas they claimed the game as the table was rolling of their captain said and left, their team wanted to play but the captain wizni having it he wanted 2 pts in the carry on league 2, so they left without a game

now the table was unfit for play put was ok for all the matches against all the teams up till christmas , strange

only trying to use the rules of play for competition Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:20 am

I agree that rules are rules, but this was the captains call, my fear with this sort of thing though is - What would the Buck or another team do in the same situation Question

Maybe we are to laid back Question

But at the end of the day it is better to play than not to play Very Happy

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:49 am

Well it seems we are to laid back, the Leven league seems to try and promote it's sell on being a social league, well it is a load of bollocks. The Argyll come on here bleeting about and injustice against The Kirkland when a player was subbed in, in the last round of the 100 ball and wanting the result reversed to give them a win.

I will start by stating that I do not know the actual rules surrounding the above or about how many player's can be played or who decides how many. But if this league is a social league then should it not be the case of trying to encourage as many players as possible to play pool Question It does not look like it, win at all costs seems to be the order of the day.

Onto last night:-

First of all I will state that unlike the Argyll post from the last round this is not sour grapes, the Argyll beat the Douglas fair and square and were the better team on the night and well done to them for that.

So Douglas turn up at the Argyll with eleven players, the Argyll have at least eleven maybe twelve players in the pub, but they tell our captain that they only want to play eight aside, THE QUESTION IS WHY :?:

Surely the purpose is to try and get as many players playing pool as possible, we could have had a match of eleven aside and had a better social event instead of players not getting to play at all.

Maybe we should have taken the easy option and took a 100 - 0 win v the B & H in the last round as they did not have enough players, but we played as it is in the spirit of the game to play.

But alas teams like the Argyll leave a bad taste in the mouth and it will kill ur league in the end Crying or Very sad

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:47 pm

I dont see any problem with what the argyle have done.
you have to look at the 100 ball as the 8 man team and if both captains agree there can be more players
their is a disadvantage playing more than 8 as your team could be weaker

people who have played in competition in this case the 100 ball the rules are played for them and against, just got to play what rules are better for yourself as a team

we played den inn a couple of years ago with 9 or 10 players but lost we had a good team if it was 8 i later thought to myself i wont play more than 8 ever again as the boys we played to make it 9 or 10 were pish (to make a social team) , never potted or played safe , den asked us to play more players last year in the semi-final at douglas no chance would we have done this, we only had 8 players anyway

in the group we lost to den, beat someone else and the last game beat argyle but not by enough points so finished second to argyle , now thats having a bitter taste in the mouth

now you boys, wish you had claimed the game 100-0 once it happens to you it makes the game different you want to claim the game , its happened to myself over the last 20 years some teams play more socially than others, brig won't give you a chance and play to the rules and if there is not a rule they can use, then make one up

social league yes but you still play to win thats what captains pick the team for

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:53 pm

if anyone has week 2 results of the 100 ball post them so the table can be updated

i kin blazers went to auld hoose and got hammered 100-21 i think lav said the score was ,at least you boys got double figures i said Razz

I do think this 6 weeks without a league game is affecting the team from fealding a decent 100 ball team
it is madness who thought this was a good idea elephant

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BrianO on Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:13 am

By the way Joe, we only had 8 players on thurs, Tam disni want 2 play any more and Keith didni want 2 play, no tht its got anythin 2 do wi u dummy

BrianO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:40 pm

U had at least 12 players in the pub all with team shirts on, It is all about trying to promote pool is it not Question Getting as many players playing as possible Exclamation

But u r right it is nought to do with me, but I was only passing comment, as I said u boys played very well on the night and desvered ur victory, this is in no way sour grapes as I did raise the point before the match even started.

But I would like the ruling on this for future reference, cause this is now the second time this has happened to us in the 100 ball, once as a home team and again as an away team, so who has the final call on it Question

I am not up to full speed with all the in's and out's of rules and rulings in the Leven league so just looking to know where we stand for future reference.

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BrianO on Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:08 pm

Just because there wearing team shirts disni mean they play, wee Davie disni play he hud 1 on, and gary tht sells the ticket for us, he had 1 on.
Anyway, Stoo's ryt, its common sense playin wi 8 players, we had 2 win the game so u play ur strongest team.

BrianO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:14 am

I think the committee should just make it an 8 aside event and be done with it, then there is no confusion at all, also teams can arrange their 8 in advance and save boys coming out the house for nought Idea

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:12 am

joebuck wrote:I think the committee should just make it an 8 aside event and be done with it, then there is no confusion at all, also teams can arrange their 8 in advance and save boys coming out the house for nought Idea

If only it was that simple , to say the 8 you want in a team they never all turn up

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:04 am

no score for Railway V Tower Bar

No score for Central v Station Disbute

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content