Pub Pool Challengio

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pub Pool Challengio

Post  LWB on Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:46 pm

I made a post about a competition for charity with a similar format to 'The Pub Pool Challenge' back when stoo first got the forum's going. There was no interest at all at the time so I'm gonna call you all heartless b*stards and move on! Maybe we keep the money for prizes instead for the sake of getting it up and running lol jocolor .

The format is basically a winner stays on last man standing competition with a few twists to make sure one player doesn't get on and destroy us lowly alsorans. Names are drawn at random so you could come on early and be unlucky or you could play one game and scoop some good prize money. If you won three games in a row you'd be put back in the draw, or possible into a pool of players through to the next round, I haven't decided yet. So this would not be for someone who doesn't have a good few hours spare on a sunday.

I'd suggest playing it at the buck though as it would cut the time in half with the two tables and make it more interesting. I'd suggest 50 places with 2 entry, and I think if the right day is chosen, between our league and maybe boys from the east fife league and kirk league, 50 will be easy. So ALL suggestions mucho welcome and anyone who wants to reserve a place just post. You can reserve a place for someone else too.

I've already talked to rab at the buck about this and he'll give us the table and maybe put on some prizes too.

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pub Pool Challengio

Post  joebuck on Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:56 am

I would be interested in anything, try it once if it's pish then don't do it again, I can't commit myself to anything though until dates are put forward, cheers

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:03 am

Cheers joe

Just need to avoid big football games I think. I'll have a wee look at some fixtures and try get a date for early january.

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:07 am

LWB1983 wrote:Cheers joe

Just need to avoid big football games I think. I'll have a wee look at some fixtures and try get a date for early january.

already knew about ur idea for this before and i also seen it on tv before using this format - as well as making sure u miss big football matches if u wanted players from kirkcaldy league and the efpl then u should maybe check up on dates of competitions that the SPA and the SEPF are running as well.
Id love to play in this sort of thing would be a good day out so u know id be up for trying this out too....not sure you will manage to pull the numbers for this but can only try and see Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:39 am

I expect that between the buck A and B we should have about 10 at least, so we're one fifth of the way there lol. Thing about this format is there's no need for a prize for second place. So even with 30 guys paying only 2 each the winner gets 60, not bad for a day spent it the pub! I think we can get the 50 and then a very decent 100 for the winner. So think of it this way bamboo, the more people we can get to play, the more you might go home with. cheers

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

pool

Post  mat on Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:33 am

what makes u think bampot will lift it?????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Smile

mat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:59 am

i never said nothin about winnin it....but if u tell me who u are maybe i can take some of your cash home with me instead Wink
hehe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top