League Race

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: League Race

Post  redbeard on Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:16 am

Ah kinda like the 2 legs way. both teams have home advantage at some point, both pubs get a night to grab some cash. and ye get two nights out. The neutral venue idea sounds ok, but i can see it afterwards people going, ah that was pish there, wish we'd played a home and away leg.

hows about a decider that is away fae home and played over 22 frames? as if home and away? or ama just bein daft? Very Happy
redbeard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean on Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:36 am

Lets just hope it doesnt come to a tie then. The season is f***** too long as it is.

Sean

Birthday : 1988-07-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:16 am

well said bullseye

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:50 am

MeatHead wrote:well said bullseye

Rolling Eyes well said bullseye ya cock

anyway played the windsor b last night all the games could have went either way, there was a especially boring frame that went to a re-rack and minty was involved never would have believed it.
thats the best squad blazers have had for ages in the end all the frames were played and we won 9-2 great result against a top team. Cool

Admin

View user profile http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:36 am

STOO01 wrote:

anyway played the windsor b last night all the games could have went either way, there was a especially boring frame that went to a re-rack and minty was involved never would have believed it.
thats the best squad blazers have had for ages in the end all the frames were played and we won 9-2 great result against a top team. Cool

was in blazers when minty and simon played each other and the 2 of them were pash wi a capital PASH!! lol! lol!
some result for blazers tho Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:14 am

BABA wrote:do any of our users think that if the league is tied at the end of the season the playoff match should be played at a neutral venue? thumbs up

Would think that would b the only thing to do Exclamation

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:01 am

aye play a decider at the ARGYLE with a jazz ball Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard on Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:19 am

bambooozled wrote:aye play a decider at the ARGYLE with a jazz ball Wink

thats the cleverest thing you ever said! Very Happy
redbeard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean on Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:21 am

STOO01 wrote:

Ya cock? Cheers for that stuart Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad lol! lol!

Sean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:17 pm

redbeard wrote:
bambooozled wrote:aye play a decider at the ARGYLE with a jazz ball Wink

thats the cleverest thing you ever said! Very Happy

better still i hear that dawsons have recovered their pool tables.....play the decider in there cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  ayeright on Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:53 pm

STOO01 wrote:

aye 9-2 doesnt tell the full story like, blazers definitely the better side but most frames were really tight and could have gone either way, except the one where i beat stoo Razz unfortunately we were already 4-0 down at that point!!!

ayeright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard on Fri May 02, 2008 9:22 am

After a shaky start and wondering if we were gonna have a team at aw, the buck won well against the doogie arms, when i left we had just made it 6-3, barely any fucker cared tho, C'mon the mighty gers!!!!!! cant believe vieri missing, but nacho showed some nerve, brilliant defending and a great win!!!!!!!
redbeard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Fri May 02, 2008 6:34 pm

Aye it was all about the fitbaw last night really, but it was a good game of pool too. Good show of class by the douglas letting us make a late sub when we were struggling for players, he lost anyway the useless big bastard jocolor.

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri May 02, 2008 8:59 pm

LWB wrote:Aye it was all about the fitbaw last night really, but it was a good game of pool too. Good show of class by the douglas letting us make a late sub when we were struggling for players, he lost anyway the useless big bastard jocolor.

language guys....theres kids using this forum....eh bradley Wink Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean on Fri May 02, 2008 10:48 pm

bampotbooozled wrote:
LWB wrote:Aye it was all about the fitbaw last night really, but it was a good game of pool too. Good show of class by the douglas letting us make a late sub when we were struggling for players, he lost anyway the useless big bastard jocolor.

language guys....theres kids using this forum....eh bradley Wink Laughing

Hey its MR Bradley to you Cool Cool Cool Cool

Sean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Sat May 03, 2008 1:55 am

how does a kid get the title mr. ya spanner cyclops

anyways was up for a game last night v the toll but they didnt come out to play , just as well cos we would have killed them no bother Laughing

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Sat May 03, 2008 2:09 am

STOO01 wrote:how does a kid get the title mr. ya spanner cyclops

anyways was up for a game last night v the toll but they didnt come out to play , just as well cos we would have killed them no bother Laughing

Might be getting to the stage in the season when people have lost interest. We had 3 players in the pub at eight o'clock Razz.

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard on Sat May 03, 2008 3:26 am

think the buck A were reeeally strugglin for a team last night too, may explain their 1st loss in forever? so whats the solution to keeping everybody interested? or is there no one? bambii tells me that making 2 leagues disney work cos the bottom league just get bored?
redbeard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Sat May 03, 2008 3:37 am

[quote="redbeard"]think the buck A were reeeally strugglin for a team last night too, may explain their 1st loss in forever? so whats the solution to keeping everybody interested?quote]

Don't think there is one really, it's not really much of a competetive league and it's just the way it is. No big deal though, as long as we can still have fun on a thursday night. And the teams at the top will still be going strong, apart from us haha.

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Sat May 03, 2008 4:40 am

[quote="LWB"]
redbeard wrote:think the buck A were reeeally strugglin for a team last night too, may explain their 1st loss in forever? so whats the solution to keeping everybody interested?quote]

Don't think there is one really, it's not really much of a competetive league and it's just the way it is. No big deal though, as long as we can still have fun on a thursday night. And the teams at the top will still be going strong, apart from us haha.

Get ur league opened up to the public, get rid of the stupid rule about only having 2 out of towner's in a team. Not saying it will make a difference to the league but do u no think it is totally out dated Question

A lot of teams r struggling for players so why don't teams that r short get to-gether and make 2 decent teams of of 3 that r struggling for numbers Question

Another thing is the format:- why have 8 singles and only 3 doubles Question Players coming out and only getting 1 game soon get pissed off and don't come back.

Change to another format, here is a couple of ideas to get the ball rolling:-

1 - 8 singles then 4 doubles - 3 points a win and 1 for a draw.

2 - 6 singles then 3 doubles - 1 point for a win.

3 - 8 singles then another 8 singles - 3 points for a win and 1 for a draw.

4 - 6 singles then 6 singles - 3 points for a win and 1 for a draw.

5 - 8 singles then 2 doubles followed by 4 singles a player can only play a max of 2 games a night - 3 points for a win and 1 for a draw.

Who has ever heard of 3 points for a win in a league that a draw can't happen Question Was this dreamed up by an irishman Question

Any other suggestions from anyone Question

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Baldy on Sat May 03, 2008 8:20 am

Joe is right,

We need to really shake everything up to get some interest again. Get all this in to the AGM discussion. Like the idea of more games, draws, new rules, allow out of towners, better prize money not just points money. Let's get it changed for the better. Make this a league where everyone wants to come and play rather than a league in the outback where no one wants to come!
Baldy

Birthday : 1908-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat May 03, 2008 11:19 am

Baldy wrote:Joe is right,

We need to really shake everything up to get some interest again. Get all this in to the AGM discussion. Like the idea of more games, draws, new rules, allow out of towners, better prize money not just points money. Let's get it changed for the better. Make this a league where everyone wants to come and play rather than a league in the outback where no one wants to come!

i have to agree with ya'ss as i love playing pool and having a drink but the league as it is the now really bores me these days Sad thats why im quite happy to work a thursday night at the moment so i hope there is some changes for next season....id love to see the rules move forward as well as a new format and definately get the chance of a draw back into the league...win or lose can only favour the big teams i think

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Wed May 14, 2008 3:07 am

i take it the douglas aint open yet, so blazers play at the buck this week Question

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed May 14, 2008 9:36 am

STOO01 wrote:i take it the douglas aint open yet, so blazers play at the buck this week Question

correct, brians favourite table and venue Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed May 14, 2008 11:46 pm

aww yass were at the buck, ttl cany wait, a love tht place and the tables are great and really green

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top