League Race

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: League Race

Post  Sean on Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:16 am

Aye the league is too long. The brig are struggling for their strongest team now the holiday and golf season has started.

Sean

Birthday : 1988-07-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:45 am

STOO01 wrote:begged skins to come but he canny make it , brian and kev ibiza , grim in turkey , may have to sign a couple tonight hopefully the rest will be there mints, lav, eck, terry, myself thats a doubt cos im of tomorrow honk honk

no excuses Wink lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard on Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:53 am

cheers to our hosts blazers, the entertainment was awesome! Smile lol mightily embarrased by tonight, not that we lost, & not that i got beat by a guy who played without his glasses.

But that one of our players tried to drop himself for a better team-mate :coughs: when we were needing all the wins we could get, and when said player ended up against the barmaid he'd rather blazers forefitt the whole match than to just play it as the sheet was, eh?

Also embarrasing was the way players who show every week get so easily dropped for players who either havney bothered their arses for half a season or arent in the pub.

c(_) heres tae losin wi guid boys over tryin tae win wi other....s
redbeard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard on Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:29 am

may i also add its no bambii's fault he got picked. I got plenty i could argue about him wi, but this time i'll gea it a rest
redbeard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

the real story at blazers

Post  STOO01 on Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:41 am

buck b turned up wi probably the strongest team theve had in the laegue on the home front blazers had 5 players who had turned up before on a regulare basis with willy wi no glasses, sandra barmaid, tam no a player what so ever, but saying that it wasnt the bucks fualt we were so pish a team
anyway amazing 5-1 up then the come back to 5-5 and then the fuck up by buck b potting the black in the middle blazers scraped a 6-5 in the end but hey its 3pts and joint 3rd at the moment .
i was a bit disapointed with the rule that they chose their team of 8 and a sub then chose to change 8th man who was still with us for another player against the barmaid how sad is that.
can i just say to anyone in the bozzer tonight i do not regret my conduct celebration wise. what a win honk honk
bt you would have been proud to be part of it

Admin

View user profile http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:05 pm

STOO01 wrote:
can i just say to anyone in the bozzer tonight i do not regret my conduct celebration wise. what a win honk honk
bt you would have been proud to be part of it

Nothing wrong with your celebration Stoo, if you can't enjoy big wins there's no point in playing! For us it was gutting as I'm sure you can imagine! I played pish in the singles but at least I got beat by a good player!!!

My only complaint was with the Windsor B, total farce guys. I ref a doubles game, both blazers players are getting right down on the table cuing at the ball and my team are in my ear to stop them talking, which obviously I need to because they weren't just leaning on the table, they weren't picking up chalk, they were lining up the shot! Then comes the grief from you boys, what do you want me to do? Tell my own players to shut up and let these guys break the rules? Personally I think it's a shit rule and I've said it many times. But a ref shouldn't have to take pish like that when there's nothing else I could do. I didn't hear a peep out of you when the blazers ref was telling Lav what to do!!!!

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Baldy on Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:33 pm

We were there for the banter mate and enjoyed every minute, including the bit controversy. A couple of comments and the biting it gets, makes it even funnier. It only goes to show that some people take it far to seriously and that the unwritten rules are the real farce.

We enjoyed the celebrations when the buck made it 5 - 5 and then even better, Blazers taking the final frame.

Well done to Blazers to get themselves in that position in the first place. It's always a good story when the underdog wins.
Baldy

Birthday : 1908-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:05 pm

Baldy wrote:We were there for the banter mate and enjoyed every minute, including the bit controversy. A couple of comments and the biting it gets, makes it even funnier. It only goes to show that some people take it far to seriously and that the unwritten rules are the real farce.

We enjoyed the celebrations when the buck made it 5 - 5 and then even better, Blazers taking the final frame.

Well done to Blazers to get themselves in that position in the first place. It's always a good story when the underdog wins.

We both have better things to do than argue mate, but let's make something clear, that is not an unwritten rule. It's there in black and white and I had the choice between calling it as the rule states or pissing my own team off and I made the right choice. I assumed you were a sound guy because you keep good company in Si and Neil etc, but are you saying that you want to make comments and try wind me up to get a bite???

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Baldy on Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:43 pm

Not trying to wind anybody up. Just enjoying the pool banter. There's always someone not happy about the way things turn out, this week it's the Buck.

What I do think is, it's all getting far too serious. Ask anyone from the windsor B and they'll all tell you that we want to win but in the end it's only a game. We had a choice to moan at the 100 ball semi final for a foul which was never seen by the Brig ref (they forgot their glasses that week instead of their hearing aids: difference bewteen a win and a loss). In the end we accepted it as the way things go and nobody from our team whinged on the web site.

With regards to this rule, I agree this it is written but what I meant was it's not written in the official pool rules. It's one from the commitee and these are the ones that cause all the controversy. What does it matter if people talk in the doubles, that's what the game is: doubles. Does it matter if someone takes the white ball out the pocket? There are loads of stupid rules brought in by the commitee, some which they choose not to use at times (Buck B v Brig). If we all played to just the pool rules the contoversy would probably end and it'd all run a bit smoother.
Baldy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:05 pm

The only positive thing I can say for this rule is it can stop guys from taking an age on shots so we can all be grateful for that at times lol. I agree we should be more relaxed about it, because at the end of the day it's no big deal, I'm sure bully doesn't go to bed at night thinking about all the trophies he's won do you bully? Razz

I can genuinely say the most fun I've had in he pool league by a country mile was playing for the millfield. We had a good bunch of guys and tried to win, but much like the winnie though we didn't put all our stock in just winning, in fact we played darts more than pool and just had a laugh! and a good drink too since me and tam and scott stayed just over the road!

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:58 pm

I think you will find that most leagues will use the no talking rule in doubles after a player has made contact with the table that is, it is only a time issue as if players were talking between every shot in a break then it would become a farce as far as time is concerned.

Going back to the point of written and unwritten rules as far as this point goes you could easily scrap the talking rule and let people talk until their hearts are content as there is a written rule to take care of time. The one minute rule is written into the rules and is never used so let them talk all they want give them a warning at 40 seconds then call a foul at 60 seconds if shot is still not played Exclamation

Lifting the white ball after a foul is a total crazy rule as it makes no difference who lifts the white after a foul if the player wants the white lifted. Stopping it from going into the pocket is a grey area though as the white is still moving, so might be a good idea to keep that one in place for now. Idea

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean on Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:55 am

LWB wrote:The only positive thing I can say for this rule is it can stop guys from taking an age on shots so we can all be grateful for that at times lol. I agree we should be more relaxed about it, because at the end of the day it's no big deal, I'm sure bully doesn't go to bed at night thinking about all the trophies he's won do you bully? Razz

I can genuinely say the most fun I've had in he pool league by a country mile was playing for the millfield. We had a good bunch of guys and tried to win, but much like the winnie though we didn't put all our stock in just winning, in fact we played darts more than pool and just had a laugh! and a good drink too since me and tam and scott stayed just over the road!

I got up this morning after dreaming about potting that black against the mighty Redbeard lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
The trophies are nothing to shout about guys as its about having a bit of banter on the night and a good piss up. If a trophy comes along at the end of the season then fine if no trophy comes along then fine still. I know theres a few HUGE egos ( un named players from brig, blazers, buck b and den inn a) out there who think theyre king kong on the table but Im not one of them. We all know that I will never be a world champion. After playing for over 20 years its more of a routine thing now and basically the start of the weekend drunken drunken drunken drunken . For everyone who knows me theyre BOUND TO SEE its just a social night for me. I dont even own a feckin cue Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

Sean

Birthday : 1988-07-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:23 pm

super stars superman yes there is, even in the lesser teams they have their big players who dont want to hing about wi den inn, brig, buck, windsor b or blazers players and just want a few jars in their local
i would say win or lose blazers have a laugh as much any team on a thursday night forsure, but when its your game to play try your best and try and finish as high as possible in the league, its ok to competitive ye canny just rollover for teams that expect to win, no chance i want to play the best teams/players thats the challenge when youve been in the league and played against everyone for 20 years how time flyes when your having fun.
at last weeks fixture against buck b tell the truth did bagpuss(spencer) beg to play the barstaff last game does he usally play the easy games Question

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:03 pm

STOO01 wrote:
at last weeks fixture against buck b tell the truth did bagpuss(spencer) beg to play the barstaff last game does he usally play the easy games Question

lol that whole situation was weird! First tich picks scott to play which is a surprise! Then scott says it would be better to give pete a game since he's a regular which is another surprise, then Pete can't be bothered playing! I don't know what was up with that. I know Pete doesn't like playing doubles, and when I told him he was playing last he wasn't thrilled with that either.

I knew we wanted to make the sub early on, but never had a clue that the barmaid was the 8th player till it came about! Then there was the confusion about the rules...

But to be honest the rules were pushed/broken a few times in the night, ref picking up the ball without being asked, ref telling players what shot to play... but to be honest I don't think any of that stuff, including Scott's game, affected the final score. Special mention for Lav though, he's a wee gem. Stoo would have cringed when Lav asked me to play for blazers though, that's when I realised he was drunk...well it might have been before that Laughing

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

lav should be on tv

Post  STOO01 on Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:55 pm

lol what a carry on eck was the ref he was nutted, lav and me played the doubles i explained what i thought he should do we both agreed what to do then i walked off and lav replied what i canny remember what you said to me it was only the basic shots we discused he couldni remember , i think with the carry on in that frame we probably deserved to lose it with the buck having to play out of a snooker on 3 or 4 times at the black over the bottom bag .lav did have an easy last red to win it but his reply after missing was im fucked Laughing
i had all but conceded the last frame but the boys who played it remained confiedent so i just said keep in their boys you never know what could happen and then buck play a shot and knock the black in who was it Question spencer did say to me after his team shoud just have potted the balls i agree they would have won instead fucked about thats the risk of that as long as the blacks still on the table anyone can win.
redbeard did mention the entertainment put on before the break with a guy at the bar getting knocked out (no pool player was harmed in this action)
later on their was smoke coming from the cellar and lav running around "fire in the Hole" what a laugh . and he got let back into the golf (mcphails) recently but got barred again.
friday golf stoo won the 5 challenge v lav i was 4 down but won by 6 honk honk

bullseye 19 years old come on squire eh Suspect

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:59 am

To be fair, if it hadn't been such an important result I think it could have been the best night of the season for us, although there were a few arguments there was also a lot of laughs.

The way we lost was shocking, but we all play shots like that at some time in our lives, that one just happened to cost us the match.

Best thing that could be said about the fixture is it's a shame we won't be doing it again!

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:36 pm

STOO01 wrote:super stars superman yes there is, even in the lesser teams they have their big players who dont want to hing about wi den inn, brig, buck, windsor b or blazers players and just want a few jars in their local
i would say win or lose blazers have a laugh as much any team on a thursday night forsure, but when its your game to play try your best and try and finish as high as possible in the league, its ok to competitive ye canny just rollover for teams that expect to win, no chance i want to play the best teams/players thats the challenge when youve been in the league and played against everyone for 20 years how time flyes when your having fun.

i wanted to [play, then found out it was the barmaid and ive seen her play before so i begged pete to just play his match lol! lol!
still cant believe that shot that cost us the match, the 2 players playing in the last doubles for blazers werent able to pot 2 balls together they were that drunk so it was an easy a match as u could hope for against a team like that Shocked Laughing
then again i hung a black that woulda taken me into the final of the singles in ddpl and the other guy broke n dished the frame after that too to put me out Mad lol!

Back to top Go down

blazers record last 2 seasons

Post  STOO01 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:52 am

correct me if im wrong but in the last 2 seasons brig have lost 4 games i think 2 against blazers home and away

blazers record versus top teams last 2 seasons
brig - won 2 lost 2
den - won 1 lost 3 (only time blazers failed to beat every team in a season in the last 2 season at least once)
buck/3way - won 2 lost 2
buck a - won 2 lost 2

windsor b - won 2 lost 0
argyle - won 1 lost 1

it seems blazers aint bad against the big teams but slip up against the lesser teams lost 5 last season (Den B) and 6 so far this season with 2 matches remaining.

buck/3ways have played the brig and den 4 times each and lost them all bom and the den still to beat the brig in the last 3 seasons 5 games so far and 1 to play this season Shocked

anyone want more stats or have you had enough Laughing

Last edited by STOO01 on Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard on Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:56 am

STOO01 wrote:correct me if im wrong but... ok...

buck/3ways have played the brig and den 4 times each and lost them all bom and the den still to beat the brig in the last 3 seasons 5 games so far and 1 to play this season Shocked

3 ways beat the den, at the 3 ways last season...
redbeard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:19 am

redbeard wrote:

correct redbeard.....this would be the night that the den foned in superstar alan dickson and co to come bk for the doubles to make sure of the win.......then LWB sunk the black to win the match....while starin at alan lol! lol! sweeeeeeeeeeeeet Wink Laughing

good stats uv got stoo apart from that 1 error Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:29 am

sorry boys i feel i've let down the whole site, my family ......... Laughing . i had forgot all about you boys beating the den

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:20 am

STOO01 wrote:sorry boys i feel i've let down the whole site, my family ......... Laughing . i had forgot all about you boys beating the den

aye ye should be ashamed Laughing
dont worry thats a night we'll no forget Wink Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:27 am

cmon the fukin blazers!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:57 am

Bampot wrote:
redbeard wrote:

correct redbeard.....this would be the night that the den foned in superstar alan dickson and co to come bk for the doubles to make sure of the win.......then LWB sunk the black to win the match....while starin at alan lol! lol! sweeeeeeeeeeeeet Wink Laughing

good stats uv got stoo apart from that 1 error Razz

That's not exactly how it happened, that makes it sound like I took my eye off the black while potting it lol. I just potted it then celebrated while looking at Dico, which I explained to him at the time wasn't personal he just happened to be above my line of site when I potted the ball. The thing that made it sweet is the denn tried about everything to put us off our shots (other than phoning Lav Laughing) and ended up losing to a lesser team because of it, that was a good night lol.

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Baldy on Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:35 am

"Good feeling when the underdog wins"
Baldy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content