League Race

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: League Race

Post  redbeard on Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:36 pm

The Mighty Buck B will return to spectacular form this week against the Argyll, or i'll eat my hat! Think we straight up got beat by the buck who really wanted to take the game, and e really just expected to win... muppets. The tassie, well, it was jst one of those nights, our better players had nightmares, and our not as great i.e. me potted plenty and never went in off but it wasnt enough lol pirat

Think the ambition has kicked back in and think any game we play against the top 5 will be tight but could land our way often enough.
redbeard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:20 pm

redbeard wrote:The Mighty Buck B will return to spectacular form this week against the Argyll, or i'll eat my hat! Think we straight up got beat by the buck who really wanted to take the game, and e really just expected to win... muppets. The tassie, well, it was jst one of those nights, our better players had nightmares, and our not as great i.e. me potted plenty and never went in off but it wasnt enough lol pirat

Think the ambition has kicked back in and think any game we play against the top 5 will be tight but could land our way often enough.

do i play to win or do i want to see redbeard eating his hat?? scratch
do i not count in the 100ball analysis.......im more than sure i potted more than anyone in our team Razz
aye it was a poor night, no names mentioned but some really good chances given away and very open play to let soapy into a fll rack nearly everytime he was at the table

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:01 pm

I cleared balls left on the table, broke off and potted the white twice, leaving very open racks. If the white never went in...

But hey if's but's...shoulda woulda coulda...we got beat by the better team on the night, it's not about us losing it's about them winning. So well done the tassie boys.

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Buck B v Argyle

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:19 pm

we won 6-5 from 5-3 down Twisted Evil mon the buck b
good game tonight but table is terrible, i wouldnt be surprised if any teams refused to play their match on it until its levelled for thursdays lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:07 pm

bambooozled wrote:we won 6-5 from 5-3 down Twisted Evil mon the buck b
good game tonight but table is terrible, i wouldnt be surprised if any teams refused to play their match on it until its levelled for thursdays lol!

No doubt the thing that's made us a good team this year is good doubles. 5-3 down and won all three doubles for at least the third time this year.

But I must say devious tricks from the Argyll, falling of chairs trying to break my foot! lol jocolor . Was a great laugh, Argyll are a good team and a good buncha boys.

Im assuming blazers won last night or we'd have heard from Joe by now??? cheers

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:57 am

Aye Blazers won, was 7 - 3 when I left for bed, most frames could have gone either way but poor choices and p--- play from us gave blazers the upper hand and they deserved their win. Would have been on by now LWB but this is the first chance I have had, starting work at 2.45am this week so some sleep was more important, No need to worry about me no posting win lose or draw I will tell the story. dummy dummy

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:39 am

yes i agree Joe the frames i watched were close, i still canny believe that shot on the black by dean blyth to beat me, he probably should have won anyway as i was worse than pish but when he snookered himself then went down the table to get out the snooker and smash the black in the top bag amazing Mad
the score last night went 2-0 , 3-3 , 5-3 , 7-4 Wink

Admin

View user profile http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:20 pm

Did anyone get the Auld Hoose Windygates v Den Inn 'B Score post it here cheers

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:41 pm

Looks like the Windsor B are straight out of the race now, and will need wins over ourselves and the blazers to climb to the sort of position they were looking for. The Brig showing that they are a fair bit better than the teams below again. What will it take for a team to break their hold on the league? The AHW next year? The Denn with the corcorans coming every week? DOES ANYONE KNOW!?!?!?! LOL

We don't have to depth to beat the brig over a season in my opinion. Anyone else think their team have a good shout for next year???

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard on Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:50 am

Great game this week at the Argyll, a little like playing crazy golf tho, and their players were definatley very used to playin the rolls, either that or they always aim off target and get lucky hehe, good bunch tho, good banter!

Return to form duely noted? hehe. Theres no doubt about we're a team who work very strongly in the doubles, and that helps win games. Just ask the blazers Basketball hehe. OKOK i'll stop the cockyness before we get pumped by the Beam next week, just hope our challenge is back on track, looking forward to the Den A game on Feb 14th (will we see any Brig or Winnie spectators for that one? who the hell would you cheer??? hehe) and how the table runs in from here on in! pirat
redbeard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:18 am

Blazers V Den A
thank fuck thats over with we were pish the den could have lost a few more frames and the doubles were not played but no real complaints Crying or Very sad 7-1 after singles.
could not reply to any texts ran out of credit i wizi in the huff promise Wink

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:31 am

Our game with the beam seemed far closer than the score suggests. We were rubbish last night and if we'd played any of the top 6 we'd have been trashed, hopefully better next week. We'll be hoping that the denn are missing a few because it's valentines day, as it's looking likely we'll be without a couple.

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ayeright on Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:10 pm

We were 4-0 up against the AHW, game over it seemed then all of a sudden it was 4-4!!!

Managed to win the last to win 6-5 (Jimmy Swain is a legend) Very Happy

ayeright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:17 am

den 6-5 buck

this one went to the last ball of the match, couldn't have been tighter in the end. both teams could have played better at times, but some good pool was played too. Well done the denn.

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:36 am

the brig's home record goes with blazers back on form and winning 5-3 in the singles and could have been finished in the singles but went to the doubles with skins having a good finish to win the points for Blazers Honk Honk bounce

good win for the BLAZERS sorry about the 10-1 prediction Suspect

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:32 pm

Quite a win for blazers last night, two top teams out of the way and if they win every game from now on the have a chance of winning the league, but that goes for quite a few teams now! I'm glad blazers won (sorry bullseye) it makes thing so so much more interesting for the rest of the season!

We were shockingly poor in the singles at times last night (especially myself, and my opponent), but as usual our doubles got us out of deep trouble to get us a respectable result.

Ian Murray was saying the AHW have a great new table, so looking forward to playing there soon.

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:20 pm

Buck B 9-2 Maxwells

Quite sure the AHW were 7-2 up on the douglas when we left. Hear it was a very tight one with blazers and the argyll! It's going to be an interesting close to the season.

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ayeright on Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:22 pm

Windsor B 4 Den A 7

Really really tight game which could have went either way - we went 2-0 up then yours truly blew a reasonably straight forward finish against Dickson (to be fair I'll lose to a lot worse than him lol). We only had 6 regulars aswell so if we had Jimmy Swain and Conor playing think we could have nicked it. Still well played to the Den who finished us on the 2nd doubles.

A lot of people don't seem to like the Den but I think they're awrite boys and if I'm honest would prob prefer them to win the league than the Brig.

100 ball next week, away to the tassie, a tricky but winnable tie I reckon

ayeright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:37 pm

Was a bit of a carry on at the Kirkland, teams were written out and we were all ready to start but the first 2 boys on the sheet were in a domino match Question So why no put them down 7 & 8 (must b the head teacher from Kirkland high) Question

Anyway we started at number 3 and down to 8 then back to 1 & 2 later, so off we went and we were 3 - 1 down in no time but we soon clawed our way back into it to lead 5 - 3 after the singles, was by no means a classic but we stumbled to victories. Onto the doubles and the dream team went out first and got their spuds from the domino players, 5 - 4, second doubles and a very good game it was with styx knocking in the last 2 colours and the black for victory.

Final score :- Kirkland 4 - 7 Windsor A

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:09 pm

ayeright wrote:Windsor B 4 Den A 7

Really really tight game which could have went either way - we went 2-0 up then yours truly blew a reasonably straight forward finish against Dickson (to be fair I'll lose to a lot worse than him lol). We only had 6 regulars aswell so if we had Jimmy Swain and Conor playing think we could have nicked it. Still well played to the Den who finished us on the 2nd doubles.

A lot of people don't seem to like the Den but I think they're awrite boys and if I'm honest would prob prefer them to win the league than the Brig.

Spot on with the tricky but winnable there I think. They beat us but I felt we were a wee tad unlucky. Not to be underestimated either though. Another tight win for the denn which is great. Things going how they are this year they might need to sell tickets for the game against the brig lol!. I should think that by the time the brig have to come to the buck they will be pressured too. They killed us at the brig but I know we can take frames againsta anyone at home and that pressure might be enough to swing it for us, hopefully Exclamation

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean on Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:49 am

LWB wrote:
ayeright wrote:Windsor B 4 Den A 7

Spot on with the tricky but winnable there I think. They beat us but I felt we were a wee tad unlucky. Not to be underestimated either though. Another tight win for the denn which is great. Things going how they are this year they might need to sell tickets for the game against the brig lol!. I should think that by the time the brig have to come to the buck they will be pressured too. They killed us at the brig but I know we can take frames againsta anyone at home and that pressure might be enough to swing it for us, hopefully Exclamation

Aye ah like your optimism there mate but there will be no pressure on us. The buck will have it all to do so the pressure will be on you. Cool Cool

Sean

Birthday : 1988-07-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:58 am

Looks like we're playing for third with no prizes anyway lol. But no pressure only when you're not bothere about the result or you think it's over before it starts. We'll be up for this one and we would love it if your guys think it will be an easy one!

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean on Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:18 am

LWB wrote:Looks like we're playing for third with no prizes anyway lol. But no pressure only when you're not bothere about the result or you think it's over before it starts. We'll be up for this one and we would love it if your guys think it will be an easy one!

This is going to be a VERY DIFFICULT game and the buck will be given every respect they deserve however I will be looking forward to getting my pint from you lol! lol!

Sean

Birthday : 1988-07-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:27 am

bullseye0 wrote:
LWB wrote:Looks like we're playing for third with no prizes anyway lol. But no pressure only when you're not bothere about the result or you think it's over before it starts. We'll be up for this one and we would love it if your guys think it will be an easy one!

This is going to be a VERY DIFFICULT game and the buck will be given every respect they deserve however I will be looking forward to getting my pint from you lol! lol!

Aye you know bullyseye is confident when he's betting drinks jocolor. Now remember, I don't want one of those crappy tiny bottles of magners, it's the big boy lol.

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Blazers V Argyyle

Post  STOO01 on Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:02 am

not a good game with the score 1-1 meathead almost cleared but then the oldest potter in town came to the table and won, it just got worse for blazers 4-1 down i missed a cut on the black.
we scraped the next 2 frames with skins taking on gary and if the table didnt reject his pot on his second last ball it may have been a win for him, they were a player short so conceded the last singles.
4-4 going into the doubles convincing 1st doubles by blazers to win, the second frame was a bit closer but blazers managed to take it.last frame won by the argyle so a 6-5 win against 6 regulars for the argyle not very convincing after last weeks win away to the brig thats 2 weeks of now for the blazers squad as 100 baw and doubles are taking place next a visit to the empire. if someone had offered us 6 points from 9 playing the den , brig and argyle we would have been more than happy with that. Very Happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top