Pool League Select

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pool League Select

Post  ayeright on Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:36 am

Right. The rules are simple. Pick your top 8 players in the league to represent Levenmouth in a tournament against the rest of Scotland (no more than 2 players allowed from the same pub.

I'll start, bear in mind I don't really know everyone that plays for the better teams but this is my opinion

Deek Allen (Brig)
Craig Sanders (Brig)
Baba (Den Inn A)
Brian Soutar (Den Inn A)
Neil Johnston (Windsor B)
Jimmy Swain (Windsor B)
Minty (Blazers)
James Anderson (Buck B)

As I say boys, I'm not too sure of everyone, but it'd take a good team to beat this one, who thinks they have a better one? Im sure the Buck boys will have 2 of there own players and Im sure Stoo will have 2 of his boys (maybe him and skins)

ayeright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pool League Select

Post  STOO01 on Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:14 am

ok good idea, i went for 1 from each team with a sub from any pub i went for a bit of a selection not just from the big teams i could have picked 2 den,2 brig,2 buck,2 blazers but that would have been boring anyone can do that
R Frape - Brig / maybe not as good as he was but still can pot a baw. dont play as much i think
Baba - Den / still one of the hardest player to beat in my opinion good clearance v us in doubles comp
Mints - Blazers/can pot any ball from anywhere on the table i've seen it "i'm a snooker player no a pool player" the cock Laughing
S Spencer - Buck B / cos he plays pool every night of the year he must have learnt something
B McCall - Buck A / i went for him cos he has a wee think about what hes doing it seems
S Murray - AHW / went for him after he played well against us last week potting confidently
M Harrower - Kirkland /another surprise but pots well and played well against us last league game
Simon - Windsor /maybe has to go for it a bit more but will go for game when hes ready i suppose
yes there are better players than my selection probably in the den and brig teams but thats no the test anyway my selection will be probably different tomorrow.
Bus Driver & Sub / Stoo - Blazers i had to be involved lol!
saunders - brig
scott - tassie

Last edited by on Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

View user profile http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:56 pm

1. Baba - Beat me pretty well, that might not be too hard but I know from playing scott and james what a good player looks like.
2. James Anderson - On his game he's awesome, he doesn't show it enough mind you lol. develops the balls amazingly
3. Scott Spencer - Get my boys out of the way lol. Very good player and yes he does practice lol. winning a lot of tournaments at the moment.
4. Minty - Played Minty a few times in the 3ways and he's a very confident player, despite playing on the wrong size table lol.
5. Deek Allen - Best player from the best team and would be one of the first on the sheet. surely mr reliable.
6. Jimmy Swain - The legend lol. Nuff said.
7. Rab Frape - Another really reliable player from what I've seen.
8. Steve Murray - I've not seen steve play for a long time but he had his own table I think and he's always been good

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:44 pm

ill probably forget to add players in here so if names not on the list its not because i dont think they should be in it.....
off the top of my head ill pick a team tho:

1. BABA (DEN INN A)
2.MINTY (AMBASSADOR TABLE 7???) lol!
3.Deek Allan (BRIG)
4.Gabs (DEN INN A)
5.Simon Johnstone (WINDSOR B)
6.Myself (BUCK B) if im putting simon in this team then i have to include myself lol!
7.James Anderson (BUCK B)
8.Allan Dickson (if he counts.....dont know if he has played this season yet??)
If allan dickson hasnt played then any of the following: B.Soutar, S.Murray, R.Frape, C.Burns (the irish guy), N.Johnstone, S.Warren, B.Dunlop, C.Saunders .....theres others but im way too lazy to try and think of more Laughing

Back to top Go down

spa tournaments

Post  STOO01 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:48 am

there was talk of something like this at the last meeting from the guys from SPA. if we went for the SPA thing we could enter a team in the super 15s or 11s, it was asked how would we dicide who the players would be ? maybe having a nockout tournament or players who win our own tournaments

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:00 am

yes stoo theres a super 11`s and 15`s event, ive played in both for the east of fife and dunfermline. the team should be picked by a captain put in place by the league commitee, (doesnt have to be the best player and it can be a non playin captain). a tournament wouldnt be fair becasue just say baba and deek got put out in first round by players tht werent tht good, would u just not pick baba and deek? am just using them as an exaple. so thats why a captain should be put in place and he selects the team that he wants to take, the one at craig tara is for all the A teams and some B teams, so you are playin against all the best players in scotland so the best team from the area is needed. and its a great weekend aswell. hope levenmouth change rules and affilliate and put a team in to this cause it is a great weekend. the next one is in november and its the super 15`s. most teams take 16, who would ur top 16 be stoo? anyone?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:11 am

ill give this a go, ill tryn name 18 players who i think should represent levenmouth at a super 15`s even, the names are in no particular order, and chris corcorans name isnt down because he is affiliated with world rules

deek allen
baba
brian thomson
ian murray
skins
rab frape
tubs
mike mchale (if stops playin world rules)
s johnstone
n johnstone
scott wedderburn (brig)
scott spencer
gabs
rab mcgregor
jimmy swain
craig saunders
rab clark
brian soutar (back playin at ahw i think)

ive prob missed boys out, a could name another 18 to for another team, this isnt prob our strongest but all i can think of the now. anyone else with any toughts??

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:15 am

forgot a few names, the likes of alan mcwilliams, ben saunders, jim white, stoo , james anderson and dwinks,. theres more to but i would be here all night. leve would do ok at super 11`s, put a team to craig tara and a B team to petticur bay

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:55 am

yeh picking a team from leven sound's like a good idea, and you have most of the boys who would be in the team but saying that some players maybe not interested in playing (remember its blackball rules their is a few that don't want to try them, some only want to play on a thursday night as well) and some may want to play in the events but for dunfermline,glenrothes or fishermans league Fishing sorry east neuk teams
sorry to burst any bubble's there Laughing

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:34 am

yeah a know what ur sayin stoo, but obv all the best players have to get asked first then you just take it from there, if boys dont wanna play you just have to get other players.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top