Thinking of starting a team for 08-09

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Thinking of starting a team for 08-09

Post  STOO01 on Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:03 am

some players from leven are thinking of starting a team to play in the glenrothes pool league from next season 08-09 the rules are black ball rules we need at least 10 players on a wednesday night any one interested post on this forum. fucking pc
i dont know what venue we're going to use maybe woodside inn B team sounds good.
if leven does start a team their needs to be a letter written to the committee asking to join the league with a captain at the meeting, bond is 100 say a 10 each dont know if we'd have to pay the league fees
so far there is Scott Spencer Buck B, Simon Johnston Windsor B, Stoo Blazers, interested we need u

Glenrothes AGM

Hope ur still up for it

A.G.M. will be held at the STATION HOTEL in Leslie on Sunday 22nd June at 2.00pm


Your letter would need to be in before this date and the 100.00 bond paid on this date in person by someone attending this meeting. posted by Joe Buck


Last edited by on Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:48 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
When were good they never remember, when were bad they never forget
avatar
STOO01
Admin

Posts : 1764
Join date : 2007-11-04
Location : Squire Ville

View user profile http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Thinking of starting a team for 08-09

Post  BABA on Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:53 am

Aye stick ma name down Stoo,i've never won anything in Glenrothes before,well i beat a guy called Jamie Simpson(plays for Scotland?) 7-3 for 250 in the Ring'o'Staines during the xmas break,If we assemble a good squad (maybe 14/15 boys) we should walk the league in our 1st season,just have to get up to speed with the Blackball rules,aye that sounds good mate PS whos going to be el capitano? affraid
avatar
BABA

Posts : 52
Birthday : 1970-07-10
Join date : 2007-11-25
Location : BUCKHAVEN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thinking of starting a team for 08-09

Post  LWB on Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:11 am

Stoo01 wrote:some players from leven are thinking of starting a team to play in the glenrothes pool league from next season 08-09 the rules are black ball rules we need at least 10 players on a wednesday night any one interested post on this forum. fucking pc
i dont know what venue we're going to use maybe woodside inn B team sounds good.
if leven does start a team their needs to be a letter written to the committee asking to join the league with a captain at the meeting, bond is 100 say a 10 each dont know if we'd have to pay the league fees
so far there is Scott Spencer Buck B, Simon Johnston Windsor B, Stoo Blazers, interested we need u

And myself stoo! seeing as I had the idea in the first place! Yes put me down, by that time I might even have my eyes done and be able to play the game eh lol.

LWB

Posts : 420
Join date : 2007-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thinking of starting a team for 08-09

Post  joebuck on Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:17 am

Stoo01 wrote:some players from leven are thinking of starting a team to play in the glenrothes pool league from next season 08-09 the rules are black ball rules we need at least 10 players on a wednesday night any one interested post on this forum. fucking pc
i dont know what venue we're going to use maybe woodside inn B team sounds good.
if leven does start a team their needs to be a letter written to the committee asking to join the league with a captain at the meeting, bond is 100 say a 10 each dont know if we'd have to pay the league fees
so far there is Scott Spencer Buck B, Simon Johnston Windsor B, Stoo Blazers, interested we need u

Woodside Inn?? U need to get Scott to speak with the landlords A.S.A.P. don't see a problem at the mo though Question If no at the Woodside then there r plenty other venues's Exclamation

_________________
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

and

S.W.I.A.C.
avatar
joebuck

Posts : 450
Join date : 2007-11-09
Location : Glenrothes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thinking of starting a team for 08-09

Post  STOO01 on Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:43 am

All names are welcome Lee the more the better i would say we may get a double decker, Baba u know of anyone that may be interested in this.
i think Scott Spencer may be a good choice for captain as he's playing in the league the now and may be able to put opponents against their players. confused or someone else it's up for grabs not me.
yes joe, Scott could ask about playing at the woodside inn who is it elvis's dad Question
the format is 8 singles and then 8 singles can you play 8 players and if you have say 2 or 3 others can you play them in the next set of singles, so only 5 or 6 would have to play 2 times Question

_________________
When were good they never remember, when were bad they never forget
avatar
STOO01
Admin

Posts : 1764
Join date : 2007-11-04
Location : Squire Ville

View user profile http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Thinking of starting a team for 08-09

Post  LWB on Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:49 am

cheers stoo. that reminds me, james anderson and alan mcwilliams were also interested. cheers

LWB

Posts : 420
Join date : 2007-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thinking of starting a team for 08-09

Post  joebuck on Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:21 am

Stoo01 wrote:All names are welcome Lee the more the better i would say we may get a double decker, Baba u know of anyone that may be interested in this.
i think Scott Spencer may be a good choice for captain as he's playing in the league the now and may be able to put opponents against their players. confused or someone else it's up for grabs not me.
yes joe, Scott could ask about playing at the woodside inn who is it elvis's dad Question
the format is 8 singles and then 8 singles can you play 8 players and if you have say 2 or 3 others can you play them in the next set of singles, so only 5 or 6 would have to play 2 times Question

Scott plays for the BIG woodside team, think he would be better staying there Question Yes, it is 8 singles x 2 = 16 singles so u only need 8 player's on a night, but u can have as many as u wish, (can play 16 different player's if u want to) also team line ups r by chance u can't pick who u want to play as the Leven league does, home team puts their team down then the paper gets turned over then away team puts their team down, so match ups r by chance, can't keep ur stats up by playing unless players like what Bamboo does Idea Idea Idea

Yes it is Elv and his dad that r running the Woodside now, so the quicker u see them the better if u fancy the Woodside Exclamation

_________________
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

and

S.W.I.A.C.
avatar
joebuck

Posts : 450
Join date : 2007-11-09
Location : Glenrothes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thinking of starting a team for 08-09

Post  BABA on Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:30 am

theres still plenty time till the start of the new season,boys might say aye just now but when the time comes some might say aaagh cannae really be bothered maybe next week,if were goin up there on a wed were gonna do it right and no make a cunt of ourselves Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
avatar
BABA

Posts : 52
Birthday : 1970-07-10
Join date : 2007-11-25
Location : BUCKHAVEN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thinking of starting a team for 08-09

Post  LWB on Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:39 am

Good thing about james, alan, simon etc all these guys already play on a wednesday and are willing to swap teams for this. So we should have a quite solid team. As far as scott goes I'm sure he's doing well for you guys now joe but he'll play with us next year or my name isn't Efren somthing Smile .

LWB

Posts : 420
Join date : 2007-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thinking of starting a team for 08-09

Post  BABA on Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:52 am

sorry forgot to ask,i take there are no restrictions of out of town players playing in the same league in glenrothes
avatar
BABA

Posts : 52
Birthday : 1970-07-10
Join date : 2007-11-25
Location : BUCKHAVEN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thinking of starting a team for 08-09

Post  LWB on Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:59 am

BABA wrote:sorry forgot to ask,i take there are no restrictions of out of town players playing in the same league in glenrothes

no restricions there but we still need to be accepted in to the league, that will be the tricky part I think. Can anyone think of any other players that might be interested?

LWB

Posts : 420
Join date : 2007-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thinking of starting a team for 08-09

Post  Sean on Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:09 am

EFREN wrote:
BABA wrote:sorry forgot to ask,i take there are no restrictions of out of town players playing in the same league in glenrothes

no restricions there but we still need to be accepted in to the league, that will be the tricky part I think. Can anyone think of any other players that might be interested?

A couple of brig boys play on a wednesday night in Glenrothes already so I can ask them this week if they'd be interested in swapping to a Leven based side. Weddy, Haswell and Dougie are the players. Cool Cool Cool

_________________
Talent wins games - intelligence and teamwork win titles
You miss 100% of the shots you dont take.
avatar
Sean

Posts : 183
Birthday : 1988-07-13
Join date : 2007-12-22
Location : lions den

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thinking of starting a team for 08-09

Post  LWB on Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:26 am

Good idea bully, would be great to have a couple of brig boys in the mix.

LWB

Posts : 420
Join date : 2007-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thinking of starting a team for 08-09

Post  Guest on Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:04 am

bullseye0 wrote:
EFREN wrote:
BABA wrote:sorry forgot to ask,i take there are no restrictions of out of town players playing in the same league in glenrothes

no restricions there but we still need to be accepted in to the league, that will be the tricky part I think. Can anyone think of any other players that might be interested?

A couple of brig boys play on a wednesday night in Glenrothes already so I can ask them this week if they'd be interested in swapping to a Leven based side. Weddy, Haswell and Dougie are the players. Cool Cool Cool

do u know who they play for bully??
the league has just done a split with all the top teams just about to play each other week in week out like the scottish premier league does but ive never seen any of the brig boys since ive been playin for the woodside yet.....i havent played in every match those as i wasnt there at start of season and also was working shifts.

Baba about the chance of boys saying yes now and cant be arsed later i think we are definately safe with that one we definately have enough boys in the names weve got so far that wont do that and with the names weve got so far im sure we could maybe give a wee title challenge who knows.

Joe, i do play for the woodside but you's have a big team already as it is and you's are signing wee colin de swarte as well in march who should do well for you's, like i said last week at pool....id neer leave the woodside for another team unless it was a group of boys from the leven league coming through especially if its some of my mates plus my nephew will be playing with us too so im sure u boys would understand if i left on the bosman at the end of the season if we were voted in.

if we are not voted in then i will stay at the widy if im wanted Cool

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Thinking of starting a team for 08-09

Post  Sean on Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:28 am

bambooozled wrote:
bullseye0 wrote:
EFREN wrote:
BABA wrote:sorry forgot to ask,i take there are no restrictions of out of town players playing in the same league in glenrothes

no restricions there but we still need to be accepted in to the league, that will be the tricky part I think. Can anyone think of any other players that might be interested?

A couple of brig boys play on a wednesday night in Glenrothes already so I can ask them this week if they'd be interested in swapping to a Leven based side. Weddy, Haswell and Dougie are the players. Cool Cool Cool

do u know who they play for bully??
the league has just done a split with all the top teams just about to play each other week in week out like the scottish premier league does but ive never seen any of the brig boys since ive been playin for the woodside yet.....i havent played in every match those as i wasnt there at start of season and also was working shifts.

Baba about the chance of boys saying yes now and cant be arsed later i think we are definately safe with that one we definately have enough boys in the names weve got so far that wont do that and with the names weve got so far im sure we could maybe give a wee title challenge who knows.

Joe, i do play for the woodside but you's have a big team already as it is and you's are signing wee colin de swarte as well in march who should do well for you's, like i said last week at pool....id neer leave the woodside for another team unless it was a group of boys from the leven league coming through especially if its some of my mates plus my nephew will be playing with us too so im sure u boys would understand if i left on the bosman at the end of the season if we were voted in.

if we are not voted in then i will stay at the widy if im wanted Cool


As far as I know Bambi they play for styx

_________________
Talent wins games - intelligence and teamwork win titles
You miss 100% of the shots you dont take.
avatar
Sean

Posts : 183
Birthday : 1988-07-13
Join date : 2007-12-22
Location : lions den

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thinking of starting a team for 08-09

Post  Guest on Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:15 pm

keep callin me bambi and ull be in my pocket when the buck B meet the brig bud Wink Laughing
i played against styx last time but i wasnt there until after 10pm as i was working and when i showed up there was only about 4 styx boys left at the woodside so they must have left before that.
league split kicks off in 3 weeks so will be playing styx and the rest of the top teams soon so maybe see them sometime.

doubt theres mch point in asking them to leave styx, theres pretty much no chance of them leaving styx....good place to play.
shame styx already have 2 teams in the league or we coulda asked about playing there

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Thinking of starting a team for 08-09

Post  LWB on Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:30 pm

Don't think we had any bites from the brig boys about this on thursday bullseye? I should have asked the Argyll boys but I had a drink or two and forgot. No other denn players interested?

LWB

Posts : 420
Join date : 2007-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thinking of starting a team for 08-09

Post  Sean on Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:17 pm

LWB wrote:Don't think we had any bites from the brig boys about this on thursday bullseye? I should have asked the Argyll boys but I had a drink or two and forgot. No other denn players interested?

Its quite a long way off at the moment but wait and see.... Who knows?????????????????? Arrow Arrow

_________________
Talent wins games - intelligence and teamwork win titles
You miss 100% of the shots you dont take.
avatar
Sean

Posts : 183
Birthday : 1988-07-13
Join date : 2007-12-22
Location : lions den

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thinking of starting a team for 08-09

Post  joebuck on Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:18 am

bullseye0 wrote:
bambooozled wrote:
bullseye0 wrote:
EFREN wrote:
BABA wrote:sorry forgot to ask,i take there are no restrictions of out of town players playing in the same league in glenrothes

no restricions there but we still need to be accepted in to the league, that will be the tricky part I think. Can anyone think of any other players that might be interested?

A couple of brig boys play on a wednesday night in Glenrothes already so I can ask them this week if they'd be interested in swapping to a Leven based side. Weddy, Haswell and Dougie are the players. Cool Cool Cool

do u know who they play for bully??
the league has just done a split with all the top teams just about to play each other week in week out like the scottish premier league does but ive never seen any of the brig boys since ive been playin for the woodside yet.....i havent played in every match those as i wasnt there at start of season and also was working shifts.

Baba about the chance of boys saying yes now and cant be arsed later i think we are definately safe with that one we definately have enough boys in the names weve got so far that wont do that and with the names weve got so far im sure we could maybe give a wee title challenge who knows.

Joe, i do play for the woodside but you's have a big team already as it is and you's are signing wee colin de swarte as well in march who should do well for you's, like i said last week at pool....id neer leave the woodside for another team unless it was a group of boys from the leven league coming through especially if its some of my mates plus my nephew will be playing with us too so im sure u boys would understand if i left on the bosman at the end of the season if we were voted in.

if we are not voted in then i will stay at the widy if im wanted Cool


As far as I know Bambi they play for styx

We will all understand Bambi Bamboo, u have been straight from the start and said from the off about ur position. dummy Can't see any problem getting ur team entered though as I have said there is no rule on out of town players, at the moment anyway. The committee don't need any details of who is playing in ur team when you apply, they only need a letter of application and what pub you r going to be playing in. But they do ask around the captains at the meeting if anyone has any objections Question Usually a formality. Only restriction in the league as far as joining is that each venue can only have a max of 3 teams in the league. sunny

_________________
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

and

S.W.I.A.C.
avatar
joebuck

Posts : 450
Join date : 2007-11-09
Location : Glenrothes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thinking of starting a team for 08-09

Post  joebuck on Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:21 am

bambooozled wrote:keep callin me bambi and ull be in my pocket when the buck B meet the brig bud Wink Laughing
i played against styx last time but i wasnt there until after 10pm as i was working and when i showed up there was only about 4 styx boys left at the woodside so they must have left before that.
league split kicks off in 3 weeks so will be playing styx and the rest of the top teams soon so maybe see them sometime.

doubt theres mch point in asking them to leave styx, theres pretty much no chance of them leaving styx....good place to play.
shame styx already have 2 teams in the league or we coulda asked about playing there

You can play there if you ask and they let you, each venue can have 3 teams, there was going to be 3 teams from Styx last year but the team of snooker players pulled out before the league started. Laughing

_________________
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

and

S.W.I.A.C.
avatar
joebuck

Posts : 450
Join date : 2007-11-09
Location : Glenrothes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thinking of starting a team for 08-09

Post  LWB on Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:35 pm

Probably a good idea to play at styx, don't know if you get the same atmosphere though? and the fast tables! I like em but moving from those fasts cloths back to the ones in Leven...

Had an idea, I think Jimmy Swain is playing in kirkcaldy on a wednesday so maybe he'll fancy a move to Glenrothes. Bamboo is gonna text him.

LWB

Posts : 420
Join date : 2007-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thinking of starting a team for 08-09

Post  STOO01 on Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:55 am

been on the glenrothes forum there i see joe has been winding up the troops with our talk of going and playing in their league and doing well bom

_________________
When were good they never remember, when were bad they never forget
avatar
STOO01
Admin

Posts : 1764
Join date : 2007-11-04
Location : Squire Ville

View user profile http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Thinking of starting a team for 08-09

Post  joebuck on Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:28 am

STOO01 wrote:been on the glenrothes forum there i see joe has been winding up the troops with our talk of going and playing in their league and doing well bom

It's no hard to wind up Daisy from our league, only posted Baba's post about u boys walking the league and he bite hook line and sinker. Exclamation Idea

_________________
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

and

S.W.I.A.C.
avatar
joebuck

Posts : 450
Join date : 2007-11-09
Location : Glenrothes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thinking of starting a team for 08-09

Post  Guest on Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:39 pm

joebuck wrote:
STOO01 wrote:been on the glenrothes forum there i see joe has been winding up the troops with our talk of going and playing in their league and doing well bom

It's no hard to wind up Daisy from our league, only posted Baba's post about u boys walking the league and he bite hook line and sinker. Exclamation Idea

i thought it was amusing but at the same time these are the guys we need to accept us into their league and if they think we got that attitude they could all say no to us getting in Rolling Eyes

P.S. BABA - jamie says it would have been a different scoreline if you's hadnt played levens "sh*tty fudging rules" maybe a re-match on the cards between you's playing blackball rules could be on the cards??? Wink
as long as u buy us a drink wi yer winnings Laughing

joe who is daisy on the forum??

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Thinking of starting a team for 08-09

Post  joebuck on Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:21 am

bambooozled wrote:
joebuck wrote:
STOO01 wrote:been on the glenrothes forum there i see joe has been winding up the troops with our talk of going and playing in their league and doing well bom

It's no hard to wind up Daisy from our league, only posted Baba's post about u boys walking the league and he bite hook line and sinker. Exclamation Idea

i thought it was amusing but at the same time these are the guys we need to accept us into their league and if they think we got that attitude they could all say no to us getting in Rolling Eyes

P.S. BABA - jamie says it would have been a different scoreline if you's hadnt played levens "sh*tty fudging rules" maybe a re-match on the cards between you's playing blackball rules could be on the cards??? Wink
as long as u buy us a drink wi yer winnings Laughing

joe who is daisy on the forum??

Daisy is from the Station A (Kyle Leighton) he is also the chairman of the league committee, he has also stated that the more teams the better so don't worry to much about getting in or no. U guys need to concentrate on getting urselfs a venue to play in then write a letter to the secretary, J. Murray (minty), Big gogz will get his address for u Laughing Laughing

_________________
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

and

S.W.I.A.C.
avatar
joebuck

Posts : 450
Join date : 2007-11-09
Location : Glenrothes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thinking of starting a team for 08-09

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum