Search for a home!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Search for a home!

Post  Guest on Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:57 am

Reporting from another district Gail has an exclusive.

It appears the two Buck teams may need to move from their beloved cheap two table venue in the near future.

Re-development may be afoot with a sale, demolition and re-build of cheap housing.

Where will the nomads go to next season? Back to the Threeways?

Back to top Go down

Re: Search for a home!

Post  ayeright on Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:14 am

No way?????

Where did this info come from Gail?

If this is true then i would say i was disappointed but its about the worst place in the league to go to!!

ayeright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:33 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
i've got wood

Admin

View user profile http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:42 am

Who comes up with this rubbish lol. And why would anyone be happy about it? The worst place to go?? what planet are you on. Who doesn't like cheap tables that run straight unlike most. And spare table to play on when the match is going on? Does anyone actually have any real reason to believe the buck will close?

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ayeright on Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:52 am

LWB wrote:Who comes up with this rubbish lol. And why would anyone be happy about it? The worst place to go?? what planet are you on. Who doesn't like cheap tables that run straight unlike most. And spare table to play on when the match is going on? Does anyone actually have any real reason to believe the buck will close?

Aye if Im honest I would say it is the worst pub to go to in the league (maxwells is close though). So what if it has 2 cheap tables, the beer is pish, it's out the way and theres never any atmosphere there. I don't mean to cause any offence but I know there's plenty of people that feel the same like.

If it is true I certainly wouldnt miss having to go up there a couple of times a season!!!!

ayeright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:07 am

ayeright wrote:
LWB wrote:Who comes up with this rubbish lol. And why would anyone be happy about it? The worst place to go?? what planet are you on. Who doesn't like cheap tables that run straight unlike most. And spare table to play on when the match is going on? Does anyone actually have any real reason to believe the buck will close?

Aye if Im honest I would say it is the worst pub to go to in the league (maxwells is close though). So what if it has 2 cheap tables, the beer is pish, it's out the way and theres never any atmosphere there. I don't mean to cause any offence but I know there's plenty of people that feel the same like.

If it is true I certainly wouldnt miss having to go up there a couple of times a season!!!!

Well you're entitled to your opinion, I disagree obviously or I wouldn't be there lol. I think when certain teams have come it's been good and others not as good same as any other venue. We've had great nights in there, and although yes I'm biased, I've played in the league for 7 years and at 5 different pubs and the buck has been the best. The teams really have to make the atmosphere though, so we can't really blame the pub if there's no banter on a thursday, just the two teams involved.

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:09 am

yes i was speaking to sammy the other night and he was talking about the buck'n'hynd maybe being sold or demolished for flats but really so what its just another pub that aint making that much money except maybe the weekend like a lot of others (3ways inn closed), no smoking ban the price of drink and rates or licence.
unless you own a boozer like mcphails in this area they aint busy most of the week thats why dominoes,darts and pool leagues are needed during the week. Neutral

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:32 am

Would be a shame to see the buck close, but equally with any other good boozer. We won't be worried as a team about finding somewhere to play since none of us live anywhere near the buck lol. Did someone say Denn in C team?? jocolor. As a team we're basically new this year anyway, about 5 of us are from the 3 ways last year but we were new to the 3ways then. Personally I'm just trying to play for every pub for a laugh cheers

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BABA on Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:16 am

If this is true then maybe other pubs in the district will get there fair share of finals(ie,blazers,probably the best table in the league but always get overlooked for finals.)[spoiler]
BABA

Birthday : 1970-07-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard on Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:25 am

Loving the addition of a scantily clad reporter... slightly disturbing that its likely a middle aged hairy dude behind it? lol

So is this closer to truth or nonsense?

Would be gutted to see the buck go, its a great pub to play for. Everyones entitled to their opinion of course but Rab keeping the price on the tables down, good beer and the best cheap burgers in town make it a great venue i reckon. So who would home the A team? Doogie Arms B? Where else up that way has a table? Think most of the B team are fae Leven, i can see us at the front door o the Millfield in the summer askin the dude that lives there if he has room for us to put a pool table in!?! lol! Will we have a transfer list up over the summer, players looking for teams, pubs looking for teams and teams looking for a home?
redbeard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Rumours are true then

Post  STOO01 on Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:57 am

I see a big sign outside the Buck'n'Hynd FOR SALE the league wont be the same without the buck team. cheers!
Is it the 3ways boys that are a jinx they played there and it shut now the buck

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:08 am

STOO01 wrote:I see a big sign outside the Buck'n'Hynd FOR SALE the league wont be the same without the buck team. cheers!
Is it the 3ways boys that are a jinx they played there and it shut now the buck

I think it's me and scott, we also closed the millfield lol. To be honest though it's more likely just scott, he generally loses all the pub's customers through mind numbing stories about bet's that were never put on Laughing, wonder what pub he'll be closing next year????????????? Twisted Evil

Hopefully a few of the buck A may be convinced to play elsewhere if it comes to it, but as far as we know there's nothing on the cards yet and I'd think they will be more than happy to at least start next if the pub is still open.

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard on Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:31 am

Aye, god help the next team who may take bambii on! possible closure is the least of your worries! heehee! Cant speak for everybody at the buck but i think we'd all prefer to stay put if we can. But wherever we are we hope to keep as much of the team together as pos. Fook knows what a backup plan could be, any offers of a venue for a b team? after the pies last night a AHWg 'B' should be in the offing! lol

Best case scenario... someone takes over the buck and we can keep building on the good work we've put in finishing 4th and picking up the captain & vice last year and this year finishing top 4? again and lifting a trophy or 2? bambii or James A for the singles? James n alan maybe doubles? 5 man team is still a good shout not to mention retaining cpt n vice still a good possibility, anybody think we'll finish with bugger all??? pirat
redbeard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top