Summer league anyone?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Summer league anyone?

Post  redbeard on Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:44 am

Bampot wrote:havent played in the summer league yet for anyone because ive been working but im free some thursdays (this thursday coming) if any team wants another player let me know Wink

canny hold a cue but willing ti learn Laughing

Go tae the kirkland, they're mighty short, ye might get a game in the doubles Very Happy
redbeard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:52 am

Bampot wrote:havent played in the summer league yet for anyone because ive been working but im free some thursdays (this thursday coming) if any team wants another player let me know Wink

canny hold a cue but willing ti learn Laughing

Blazers have got 5 but anyone can play the doubles. it looks as tho blazers wont have a match this week as the kirkland have not attended any of their fixtures. i asked the owner about the league and was told he wanted to enter a team thats why they were included.
so blazers in the final as we beat the argyle 5-2 last night .
the league with the brig sunbeam and toll could be all on 2 points if the beam beat brig and toll beat den then i would say head to head but as their is 3 teams possibly on the same points, frame difference
the C league is close with all on 1 point each but only 2 teams can be on 2 points so thein it will be the head to head score between the top 2 that goes thro . i think this would be fair enough ,any complaints Question

i got your text beardo, all the results are updated cheers everyone

Admin

View user profile http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:02 am

ur call stoo if u want me to come on thursday or not.....am not all that fussed tho Wink

Back to top Go down

Glenrothes Summer league

Post  STOO01 on Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:04 am

Had a look at the Glenrothes Summer League set up look a bit silly as you pay 50 entry and get a prize of 10 if you come last 40 down and if you win the title you get a profit of 20 brilliant idea. why bother with prize money for 3,4,5 ?

Only 5 teams from the EFPL have registered to play in the 2008 Glenrothes & District Summer Pool League. This will result in one team receiving a free week each week.
Clansman (Leslie)
Mo's Jahangir (Glenrothes)
Styx Pool Bar (Glenrothes)
Station Hotel (Leslie)
Woodside Inn (Glenrothes)

League Prize Money
1st Place - 70
2nd Place - 50
3rd Place - 30
4th Place - 20
5th Place - 10

joe you never had anything to do with this madness did you

a message for any windsor 'a players "hope you boys turn up for the argyle game this week"

bullseye wrote:Aw rite folks a quick post a4 ah go ti ma bed ti look at the inside o ma eyelids b4 ah go ti ma work in the mornin. The MIGHTY brig won 5 - 2 wi haf a team against the den inn. Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

hey bullseye we play with half a team every week as well with me, Gabs and Lav playing everyone's got a chance against us Laughing

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brad fi on Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:41 am

Aye Stoo we only have myself, Jim, Deek, Weddy and Brodie and Brodie was away on holiday last week so we got Deeks bro to play. Its actually ok as this keeps us ticking over. The only downside for me is that I will not be able to play in the final (presuming we get there) coz Im away to Turkey. sunny sunny sunny sunny. I may be even send you all a postcard lol! lol! lol! lol!

Brad fi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean on Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:43 am

Hey Stoo how I could not post correctly? It wouldnt let me.

Sean

Birthday : 1988-07-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean on Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:44 am

Sean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean on Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:46 am

100 POSTS HOW SAD AM I??????????? lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Sean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:39 am

bullseye0 wrote:Hey Stoo how I could not post correctly? It wouldnt let me.

dont know bully / brad some times the program dont work to well just one of those things most days its ok on the odd day its fukced Surprised

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:42 am

STOO01 wrote:Had a look at the Glenrothes Summer League set up look a bit silly as you pay 50 entry and get a prize of 10 if you come last 40 down and if you win the title you get a profit of 20 brilliant idea. why bother with prize money for 3,4,5 ?

Only 5 teams from the EFPL have registered to play in the 2008 Glenrothes & District Summer Pool League. This will result in one team receiving a free week each week.
Clansman (Leslie)
Mo's Jahangir (Glenrothes)
Styx Pool Bar (Glenrothes)
Station Hotel (Leslie)
Woodside Inn (Glenrothes)

League Prize Money
1st Place - 70
2nd Place - 50
3rd Place - 30
4th Place - 20
5th Place - 10

joe you never had anything to do with this madness did you

a message for any windsor 'a players "hope you boys turn up for the argyle game this week"

bullseye wrote:Aw rite folks a quick post a4 ah go ti ma bed ti look at the inside o ma eyelids b4 ah go ti ma work in the mornin. The MIGHTY brig won 5 - 2 wi haf a team against the den inn. Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

hey bullseye we play with half a team every week as well with me, Gabs and Lav playing everyone's got a chance against us Laughing

Nothing to do with me at all, I know nothing about prize money or anything like that in the EFPL summer or winter. I have played in the summer league in previous years but did not bother at all this year decided to take a wee break from pool over the summer and just play golf. Very Happy

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:07 am

Last week of the 1st group stage in the summer league so any teams that aint payed yet i'll be round to collect the cash on thursday night as blazers doesnt have a game vesus kirkland.
next week 31 july will be a free week as Blazers has its annual golf tournament so the final will be 7 Aug between the three group winners in Blazers. The full league program should start back on the 14th or 21st aug so will fit in perfect

Admin

Back to top Go down

Final

Post  STOO01 on Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:57 am

the final qualifiers are Blazers, Brig, Auld Hoose Windygates
the brig lost at the sunbeam 4-3 and the toll won 4-3 at the den so all 3 teams ended up on 2 points each after 3 games so instead of it being head to head with 3 teams it was impossible so it went to frame scores with the Brig coming out on top 1 frame ahead of the toll and 2 ahead of the sunbeam very close table
auld hoose windygates beat auld hoose buckhaven and topped the group along with windsor B but as ahw beat windsor in a previous league game they won the group
blazers had a free week as did all the teams against the kirkland so won the group with 2 wins from argyle who had 1 win
hope everyone is ok with the setup the best way to seperate teams on the same points was head to head as some teams may have conceded games when the opposition had reached 4 frames, and then if still undecided then the frame score came into play league A being the hardest to seperate 3 teams on 2 wins.
league c having 2 teams on 2 points but ahw with the better record between the two

the final will be played on the 7th August at Blazers 8pm 3 team playing each other once with the first team to get to 4 frames winning the game frame diff may come into play so if a team wins 4-0 then thats
it

Thanks to all the teams/players that entered the summer league and took time out to play in it. Cool
next competition up will be the Jathros singles league played to blackball rules bounce

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean on Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:25 am

Aye best o luck to the Mighty brig. Ah cant make the final coz am gawn ma holidays sunny sunny sunny sunny

Sean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:02 pm

I had the Toll Bar phone me to Query their score versus Den Inn they won 4-3 but phoned to say it was 5-2 I have phoned sandy Deas and Treasurer Brodie to confirm the score and according to the Den it was 4-3 to Toll so the result will stand and the Brig will qualify for the final ,even if the score had been 5-2 to the Toll the frame scores would have been exactly the same and as the Brig beat the Toll 5-2 the Brig still had the better record. Smile

Final Date 7th August 8pm in Blazers cool mexican

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:57 am

the final went on till 1am friday morning maybe playing the doubles in the final or having 3 teams was a bit to much .
the first game between brig and AHW last 2 and a half hours , the game with blazers an brig finished at 11.45.
in the final blazers were 1-0 up after bt beat mark a. then i went on and done what ive done every game in the sl this season and lose and for the second time on the night fouled and potted the black 1-1
lav went on and screwed back to much and had a cut at the black potted it and the white 1-2 ahw
baba lost to i murray both had chances. gabs lost to skins cant remember much about it as it was about 1 in the morning . well done to ahw and look forward to the league encounters this season. Wink

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top