Open Discussions

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Open Discussions

Post  LWB on Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:57 am

Stoo01 wrote:I see next season the auld hoose windygates are signing everybody, that'll be interesting.

Seems like the AHW have got a good team together for next year. Interesting too that one of the top teams will be down a couple of players.

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:52 pm

Stoo01 wrote:I see next season the auld hoose windygates are signing everybody, that'll be interesting.

heard all of the rumours about this AHW team for next season, wont believe it myself until i see it tho.
but if its true then sounds like a really good team.....if so what happens to the team they already have?? A + B team or will they move

Back to top Go down

Buch for the Buck?

Post  LWB on Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:28 pm

Heard from a few different people now that we have apparently arranged to sign Joebuck for next season, this coming from people at the Windsor! Not sure what gives them this idea because we have our out of towners already. Don't know whether Joe's bothered that people there might think he's movin but we're not trying to tap up your players boys lol. I'd imagine that Joe is one of the best players in the team and hopefully the Windsor hang on to their guys.

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:06 pm

How did the brig get on in the charity match Bullseye?

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:33 am

LWB wrote:Heard from a few different people now that we have apparently arranged to sign Joebuck for next season, this coming from people at the Windsor! Not sure what gives them this idea because we have our out of towners already. Don't know whether Joe's bothered that people there might think he's movin but we're not trying to tap up your players boys lol. I'd imagine that Joe is one of the best players in the team and hopefully the Windsor hang on to their guys.

also heard this myself too a while back but how can we when we have out of towners already Shocked
Im sure its just rumours coz me n joe both play for the woodside inn or somethin but i doubt joe will een leave the windsor A next year.....he hasnt said anything about it before anyways.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean on Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:32 am

LWB wrote:How did the brig get on in the charity match Bullseye?

Aye the brig won the trophy which was played in styx in glenrothes. The format was all singles matches and it was 1st to 25 frames. We eventually won 25 - 23 after being down 15 - 9. It was 12 a side. Im pleased to say that I was the only brig player to win 4 out of 4 frames but they were all close and could have gone either way.
The tables were perfect too (unlike the argyle lol) and played very fast. A good day was had by all and the Glenrothes lads are talking about coming down to the brig next year for another challenge.
Sean

Birthday : 1988-07-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:16 am

well done brig players on winning. bullseye 4 out of 4 you must have picked the easy players again cheers
joe buck the big transfer news its no quite ronaldo or kaka of to madrid though is it Laughing

Admin

View user profile http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:40 am

Stoo01 wrote:well done brig players on winning. bullseye 4 out of 4 you must have picked the easy players again cheers
joe buck the big transfer news its no quite ronaldo or kaka of to madrid though is it Laughing

i heard ronaldo n kaka are pish at pool Laughing
any of the blazers players goin to the auld hoose windygates next year stoo??

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:47 am

ive been told by mr anderson that skins is going and i was allowed to come to, i'm captain of blazers i canny go anywhere else unless the team folds no to keen on the auld hoose windygates as a boozer they dinni have nut jobs like lav drunken
i dinni kin kaka and ronaldo look like they would be good at anything somecunts are just good Wink

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean on Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:04 pm

Stoo01 wrote:well done brig players on winning. bullseye 4 out of 4 you must have picked the easy players again cheers

Hey thats a bit cheeky Stoo boy Shocked Shocked Nobody knew who they were playing because weve never seen them play before but all their players were actually quite good anyway. For the last lot of frames we played I picked the team (just coz Deeky was a wee bit pist Smile ) and ASKED who their BEST player was and it turned out he came through from Airdrie just to play the match. As I said in an earlier post the games could have went either way. When I hung the black and the guy had 6 balls left I still thought I was beat because all his balls were out in the open. He got down to his last ball which was fairly easy by his standards but I think he flapped Shocked Shocked because he missed his pot then knocked the black ball in with the white Very Happy Very Happy . On another note I would say that the team we played would beat EVERY other team in the Levenmouth pool league. (no disrespect)
Sean

Birthday : 1988-07-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:18 am

Aye no big transfer news with joebuck. Just didn't want his team mates thinking he didn't want to play there and he'd rather play with us, as that's not the case.

Well done Bullseye and the Brig boys. We still have to make the trip to the woodside in glenrothes at some point so that should be cool. Was a very close game at the buck and I think both teams were missing players on the night.

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:25 am

LWB wrote:Aye no big transfer news with joebuck. Just didn't want his team mates thinking he didn't want to play there and he'd rather play with us, as that's not the case.

Well done Bullseye and the Brig boys. We still have to make the trip to the woodside in glenrothes at some point so that should be cool. Was a very close game at the buck and I think both teams were missing players on the night.

maybe ill play for the woodside against the buck this time round Wink Laughing
the tables good at woodside apart from the rolls but "sometimes" they arent that bad lol! table gets moved every weekend so chages all the time.....

Back to top Go down

Hustlers Money Matches

Post  Guest on Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:18 am

Hustlers (CJ's in Rosyth) has a day of money matches set up where people can challenge others for money on the day anything upwards from 10 if anyone would be interested in going and putting their up and challenging others.

27th January is the date set for this set of money matches if anyones up for a trip thru to try n win some cheers drunken

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:11 am

Any open tournaments on the go tomorrow night? We should be able to get a tournament arranged in the buck so if anyone is interested let us know! Maybe a wee 100 ball friendly or something, mixed teams possibly.

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard on Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:07 am

LWB wrote:Any open tournaments on the go tomorrow night? We should be able to get a tournament arranged in the buck so if anyone is interested let us know! Maybe a wee 100 ball friendly or something, mixed teams possibly.

Sounds like a good plan.... tourney at the buck tomorrow? i'll get my permission slip signed tonight! hehe. Doin my best to keep up with the forums, but been offline at home for a couple o months now, should have it restored in february! What time for a start LWB 8-ish???

Congrats to bully and the brig boys pumping some out of towners, hopefully the buck b can follow suit and finish the job against the woodside later this year! Laughing

Looking forward to the game against the auld yins of the buck A hehe its been great banter between the two teams this year on both league nights and over the practice table. Cant help but feel they all know us well enough now to have a decent chance of taking the game, it'll defitatley be a much more difficult start to the fixture list this time around! pirat
redbeard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:17 am

I'm working till 8 this week and next week so it'll need to be a slightly later start for something tomorrow. That's right you all have to wait for me lol.

It was a tough game the first time round, I was in work and I got a text saying we were 3-0 down! Derbys are tricky things no matter what level they're played at so I'm sure it'll be tight.

It would be cool if we could mix up a couple of teams and do maybe a 100 ball game. Otherwise we'll just get a singles tourney on the go on one table and maybe something else on the other, like killer or something.

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:51 pm

could have a jazz ball tournament?? its playing a tournament but with a trick white ball......kinda like playin on the argyle table id imagine Laughing
whatevers goin on me and lee will be there bout 20past 8 so if you's set a tournament up for 8 make sure u include us both and we wont be long Cool

played in a tournament in hustlers 2day again, quarter final from 40-odd players n got beat by a guy called jonesy who wins a lot of tournaments through there....good game tho
paddy moir was also in this tournament but he was beaten by davy stuart (dunfermline singles winner)

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:47 pm

bambooozled wrote:could have a jazz ball tournament?? its playing a tournament but with a trick white ball......kinda like playin on the argyle table id imagine Laughing
whatevers goin on me and lee will be there bout 20past 8 so if you's set a tournament up for 8 make sure u include us both and we wont be long Cool

played in a tournament in hustlers 2day again, quarter final from 40-odd players n got beat by a guy called jonesy who wins a lot of tournaments through there....good game tho
paddy moir was also in this tournament but he was beaten by davy stuart (dunfermline singles winner)

You trying to get a tourny going you might actually be able to win there Bambi Razz . Be good if we can make use of both tables I think, no reason we can't have killer and 100 ball or a singles comp all going at the same time.

Anybody playing frindlies or anything tonight?

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:47 am

first game back after the christmas break should be more of a challenge than the first games of the season with most team having a settled team, hopefully i'll be able to find my team after new year that wiz some swally Laughing

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:14 pm

Stoo01 wrote:first game back after the christmas break should be more of a challenge than the first games of the season with most team having a settled team, hopefully i'll be able to find my team after new year that wiz some swally Laughing

whats new?? lol!

Back to top Go down

Good Stuff....

Post  redbeard on Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:27 am

Twas a good night up at the buck and hind last night, a good wee pool tourney, would have been cool to have a few more faces from the league tho. Not huuugely surprised to see James Anderson walk away wi the prize money, and not totally surprised to see it was bambi (class adaptation of the name bamboo by the way lwb!) in the final with him. Cant help but feel when you watch these two play that your watching bamboo in james's pocket fighting to break free, and so far overall no joy. Still that could change and for now it makes for good watchin! We were a little shocked to see Tich go out in the 1st round to big Pete, and LWB to be tombstoned by the undertaker John M. lol! The semi finals saw the mighty Redbeard and Alan mcwilliams go out to finalists James A and Bamboo, ol' redbeard here happy enough to take a frame off James and finish 2-1, (a couldney get oot his pocket either bamboo!).

Oor Rab and Ann were as usual the most gracious hosts, they put us oot some sausage rolls and when Baz asked Rab to phone him a taxi he opened the door and hollered into the street for one! (and i coulda swore i heard some fucker in the distance yell "aye, that'll be 15 minutes pal!") needless to say baz got his phone oot n did it hiself hehe.

Gotta say i reckon the Buck to be by far the best venue in town for the pool, 20p a game, 2 tables a good pint, not a bad jukey, dart board, the fitba on, (or the soaps for mcwilliams!) and the pleasure of watching Rab take the piss out of unsuspecting customers! afro

I look forward to the 2nd half of the season and hope we can win plenty and have even more fun with it now the seriousness is dying out a bit.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all yous buggers and all the best on and off the table this year!!!

P.S. What d'ye mean "Grungi, and cluttered?" Stoo ya bam? lol! Just kiddin mate, i think the new look to the site is pretty damn good! It all ties in a lot better now and is hopefully more likely to draw in more users. Job well done mate, keep up the good work!
redbeard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:32 am

al b oot his pocket the next time i meet him Wink
but redbeard u will always be in mine lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard on Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:47 am

bambooozled wrote:al b oot his pocket the next time i meet him Wink

Wouldney bet on it if a was you, reckon if i had my own table and played 50% of my day away like yerself, i'd have ya tanked in no time! hehe and by the way im pretty damn sure nothing has ever escaped your pockets dude, we're begining to think you have them sewn up so you'll no spend anythin! pirat
redbeard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:56 am

bambooozled wrote:al b oot his pocket the next time i meet him Wink

You can just hear the love songs playing in the background when he wrote that eh! lol

don't think there is much of a gap between scott and james ability wise, scott just needs to keep the same level going and get more match practice.

I was surprised not to go through too beardy Sad lol. But there you go eh, come in the pub, first shot of the table since last thursday and I was balls! Rubbish snooker attempts and potting the whit off the break were my downfall, that and good play from john.

Can't take the credit for the bambi thing unfortunately lol. Think it might have been bully that coined that one.

yas it was a good night and maybe if we gave notice a few from other teams MIGHT have came up, but the buck is a bit out of the way. Can't beat having two good cheap tables though, couldn't go without that now! I'll be at the buck forever and ever and...

It seems a few of us are just talking amonst each other here, might as well just email at this rate! Stoo's done a great job putting all this together so bring on some new users!!!

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:21 am

Just back from holiday and catching up with the posts, don't know where all this transfer stuff is coming from about me (looks like a wee LWB x-mass wind up maybe?, maybe he should stay away from the mulled wine?) as I have spoken to no one and no one has asked me to go anywhere. The windsor A have a good base team with some promising young talent, with 2 of them now going into the singles league hopefully this will improve them even quicker? Surprised

Last edited by on Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top