Open Discussions

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Open Discussions

Post  joebuck on Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:42 am

bullseye0 wrote:
Stoo01 wrote:well done brig players on winning. bullseye 4 out of 4 you must have picked the easy players again cheers
joe buck the big transfer news its no quite ronaldo or kaka of to madrid though is it Laughing

Hey thats a bit cheeky Stoo boy Shocked Shocked Nobody knew who they were playing because weve never seen them play before but all their players were actually quite good anyway. For the last lot of frames we played I picked the team (just coz Deeky was a wee bit pist Smile ) and ASKED who their BEST player was and it turned out he came through from Airdrie just to play the match. As I said in an earlier post the games could have went either way. When I hung the black and the guy had 6 balls left I still thought I was beat because all his balls were out in the open. He got down to his last ball which was fairly easy by his standards but I think he flapped Shocked Shocked because he missed his pot then knocked the black ball in with the white Very Happy Very Happy . On another note I would say that the team we played would beat EVERY other team in the Levenmouth pool league. (no disrespect)

Take it this was the match against the Dixons Arms? The boy from Airdrie would probably be Andy Norrie but he does come from Glenrothes originally and the Dixons was his local, he still plays for the Dixons regularly but not every week since moving through there, don't think they went into the european transfer market just to play the Brig. But yes he is a quality player, if indeed it is him u r refering to. Question

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:38 pm

redbeard wrote:
bambooozled wrote:al b oot his pocket the next time i meet him Wink
but redbeard u will always be in mine lol!

Wouldney bet on it if a was you, reckon if i had my own table and played 50% of my day away like yerself, i'd have ya tanked in no time! hehe and by the way im pretty damn sure nothing has ever escaped your pockets dude, we're begining to think you have them sewn up so you'll no spend anythin! pirat

but ye dont so u will be staying in my pocket Laughing
when ur holding the table most of the night u dont need to spend anythin....especially when ur drivin Laughing Razz

dont know if ive got ur right number redbeard i txt it the day ti see what ye were upto but ive got 3 numbers for u Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:25 pm

Stoo01 wrote:first game back after the christmas break should be more of a challenge than the first games of the season with most team having a settled team, hopefully i'll be able to find my team after new year that wiz some swally Laughing

Hey Stoo I think I know where your team might be! Try Jackio's!!!!!! Laughing

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:37 pm

joebuck wrote:Just back from holiday and catching up with the posts, don't know where all this transfer stuff is coming from about me (looks like a wee LWB x-mass wind up maybe?, maybe he should stay away from the mulled wine?) as I have spoken to no one and no one has asked me to go anywhere. The windsor A have a good base team with some promising young talent, with 2 of them now going into the singles league hopefully this will improve them even quicker? Surprised

Good to see you back Joe. No wind up mate that came from people in your pub thinking you were moving to us, not sure why but probably to do with you playing with scott in glenrothes. But hey not trying to rock the boat, just thought I'd put the wee rumour to rest as I don't think you want your team thinking you're going anywhere.

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:41 am

Good 1 Lee,lavs a crazy guy whem hes drunk or had a few u canny shut him up when he 1st comes down the boozer he dosni say much jackle and hyde Question

Admin

View user profile http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:51 am

Stoo01 wrote:Good 1 Lee,lavs a crazy guy whem hes drunk or had a few u canny shut him up when he 1st comes down the boozer he dosni say much jackle and hyde Question

Aye he gets a lift down with me and bamboo or redbeard every now and then and he wouldn't say boo to a goose but then a few drinks later he's everyones best pal lol, he was on awesome form in the buck, he was my best pal that night! We were talking like old mates, not that he'd remember that now Razz

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean on Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:04 am

joebuck wrote:
bullseye0 wrote:
Stoo01 wrote:well done brig players on winning. bullseye 4 out of 4 you must have picked the easy players again cheers
joe buck the big transfer news its no quite ronaldo or kaka of to madrid though is it Laughing

Hey thats a bit cheeky Stoo boy Shocked Shocked Nobody knew who they were playing because weve never seen them play before but all their players were actually quite good anyway. For the last lot of frames we played I picked the team (just coz Deeky was a wee bit pist Smile ) and ASKED who their BEST player was and it turned out he came through from Airdrie just to play the match. As I said in an earlier post the games could have went either way. When I hung the black and the guy had 6 balls left I still thought I was beat because all his balls were out in the open. He got down to his last ball which was fairly easy by his standards but I think he flapped Shocked Shocked because he missed his pot then knocked the black ball in with the white Very Happy Very Happy . On another note I would say that the team we played would beat EVERY other team in the Levenmouth pool league. (no disrespect)

Take it this was the match against the Dixons Arms? The boy from Airdrie would probably be Andy Norrie but he does come from Glenrothes originally and the Dixons was his local, he still plays for the Dixons regularly but not every week since moving through there, don't think they went into the european transfer market just to play the Brig. But yes he is a quality player, if indeed it is him u r refering to. Question

Aye that was the guy Joe. Big Andy Norrie. When I said he came ESPECIALLY to play the match I most certainly didn't mean to appear arrogant but it was planned for some time and he was ALWAYS going to be playing against the brig. It was a good game by the way.
Sean

Birthday : 1988-07-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:10 am

bullseye0 wrote:
joebuck wrote:
bullseye0 wrote:

Aye that was the guy Joe. Big Andy Norrie. When I said he came ESPECIALLY to play the match I most certainly didn't mean to appear arrogant but it was planned for some time and he was ALWAYS going to be playing against the brig. It was a good game by the way.

No offence taken mate, but he does play for that team, when and if he can. Smile May not play to often as u may understand, don't think many would come from Airdrie everyweek to play pool. Surprised Yes, they r a good bunch o boys there, usually get a good laugh playing them, take it this is now going to be an annual event Question

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:43 am

Joe that tournament i told you about on sunday turns out its a league format with 2 leagues and 4 qualifiers from each going into a quarter final and its run over a few weeks.
each week they r also running a pool competition for so its not too bad.
ive got a loss and a draw so far in my league but played the 2 best players in my group on first night but still ended up winning the pool comp at the same time santa

would be cool if we had more pool comps going on in leven.... scratch

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:03 am

bambooozled wrote:Joe that tournament i told you about on sunday turns out its a league format with 2 leagues and 4 qualifiers from each going into a quarter final and its run over a few weeks.
each week they r also running a pool competition for so its not too bad.
ive got a loss and a draw so far in my league but played the 2 best players in my group on first night but still ended up winning the pool comp at the same time santa

would be cool if we had more pool comps going on in leven.... scratch

I'd say pool in Leven is definately more about a night out than actually playing competetive pool. That's the way it's always been. But if you think about the progress made in the last year. Website, forum, 2 singles leagues. Who saw that coming? lol. Don't think we can go much further than that, it's a wee place after all and I'm assuming most players in the league work full time and have familys. But hey we have a great time on a thursday night do we not!!!! cheers

I'd like to see a team from Leven go through to Glenrothes and compete for the league next year! Mon the mighty Moe's B!!! Razz

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:15 am

i may be interested in playing in glenrothes next year thats a wednesday night, yes a leven utd squad sounds good. we sould at the start of next season get a venue for a big tournament around christmas or the summer . thumbs up

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:17 am

Stoo01 wrote:i may be interested in playing in glenrothes next year thats a wednesday night, yes a leven utd squad sounds good. we sould at the start of next season get a venue for a big tournament around christmas or the summer . thumbs up

Well you're a good shout for a captain Stoo. Why not see if a squad can be put together? any of your boys be interested?

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:25 am

i would not put myself forward for captain but would be interested im sure there would be players interested. just have to find a venue maybe markinch or woodside b, this web site may be a good place for advertising the idea. maybe a mini bus between the squad each week would no be to much you boys will be playing the woodside inn soon so can get an idea of how easy it would be of course they play black ball rules another good reason to play there get some competitive matches and of course the singles league next year hopefully will be playing those rules if everyone is happy wi that Cool

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:46 am

I can think of one or two guys. There's no doubles there either, just two sets of 8 singles which I thought was really good when we played the woodside. I'll see who would maybe be interested in this just out of curiosity, obviously there's a long long time before it would start.

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard on Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:05 am

hmmm.... maybes, maybes.... pirat
redbeard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:43 am

Markinch may b ur best option to base ur Leven all stars, not so far to travel every second week, they don't have any teams playing there at the moment, see the guy that has the Windsor he also has a pub in Markinch with a table so I believe. Milton + Coaltown of balgonie's are also in the catchment area for our league, don't know what pubs have tables though.

Woodside Inn. I think there may already be a "b" team lined up to play there next season Question

Mo's Question A season playing there and u will no b able to bend over the table ( to many greddy F---- in Leven area jocolor jocolor geek )

starving starving starving starving starving starving starving starving

Above is the top 8 from the Leven all stars. jocolor jocolor jocolor

Below we have the sub's

eat eat eat eat

A laugh a day keeps the doc away. punch

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:02 pm

think id have to leave the woodside to play for leven united joe Laughing
mite actually start asking around about this thru the season and see if theres enough good players interested for starting a team thru in the EFPL Cool

My vote is to definately be a B team at MOE's!!!!
only bad thing is the last time we were there in the space of an hour the prices had went up 20p behind the bar scratch
indian place tho mind u so not too much of a surprise there tho lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:13 pm

Ur best bet to start with would be for u to have a word with Gogz, then possibly u and Stoo could go to one of their meetings and get all the details, costs etc. I don't know much about fees etc. but I know that any new team has to pay a bond of 100 in their first season. This gets returned to you if the season is fullfilled in full, apart from that Gogz is ur best bet for info at hand.

Bring on the Leven all stars, Woodside and tail between ur legs comes to mind celebrate

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:54 pm

i like it joe the use of the pie men nice, so us leven chaps are all fattys excercise
it may not be a good idea having a leven team we may need bouncers Twisted Evil
question : is big baz in the big brother house surprise

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:58 pm

I just happen to have a live in bouncer, handy indeed lol.

I think that was me and Bamboo over and over again! I got a hoagie from real spice last night and boys it was awesome! give it a go! But hey I think I'm lean at 15 stone lol.

Ideally having 10 boys would be great, really I think it would be great to not make it up of just buck b and blazers. Nothing too wrong with doing that but if we could spread it out over 3 or 4 teams I think it would be better. Would love to hear from the winnie b boys if any are interested?

Good to see you willing to jump ship Bambi, I'd expect nothing less from my brother from another mother Laughing.

Stoo, Bamboo, me and possibly beardy then so far?

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:10 am

Beardy is out, simon johnson from the windsor is in. what about you Baba??? did you ask any of your boys stoo?

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:57 am

i never mentioned the glenrothes thing forgot all about it but a mixed selection would be good bounce

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:01 am

cant remember the money i was told about on wednesday when i was thru playing for the woodside but we would need to pay 100 as a bond which we would get bk if we played the whole season.......but theres other fee's as well i think it was said that in our first season we'd need to pay 300 or somethin and even with this......... there would be a vote with all the EFPL teams for them to make a decision on whether we are getting in or not......so its not straight forward if we were to set up a team for through in glenrothes scratch

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:02 am

Stoo01 wrote:i never mentioned the glenrothes thing forgot all about it but a mixed selection would be good bounce

because of the format it would be fine to have more than 8 boys easy, if we can get a few from the buck, a few from blazers, si from the windsor, don't know if baba and anyone else from the denn would be interested???

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:21 am

the glenrothes league has newbridge they never played a game in the league.
it would have to be a team with boys who defo want to play on a wednesday fair enough bamboo you work shifts but must have cover more than 9 or 10 hey ive played in teams and just turned up cos i wiz pish ,hard to believe eh Laughing

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top