www.mousebreaker.com/games/obb2008/playgame

Cool Cool Cool Laughing Laughing Laughing Very Happy

think al give that a miss Wink

whats the problem Question

lazyness..

Back to top Go down

New Edition!

Post  redbeard on Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:02 am

Just a wee message to announce the arrival of my baby daughter on friday there. Quinn Katherine Boyd Very Happy I'm over the f'in moon!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lookin forward to next season, i'll need a night a week away fae the nappies cheers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Open Discussions

Post  joebuck on Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:55 pm

redbeard wrote:Just a wee message to announce the arrival of my baby daughter on friday there. Quinn Katherine Boyd Very Happy I'm over the f'in moon!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lookin forward to next season, i'll need a night a week away fae the nappies cheers

congrats cheers you da man celebrate

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:28 am

redbeard wrote:Just a wee message to announce the arrival of my baby daughter on friday there. Quinn Katherine Boyd Very Happy I'm over the f'in moon!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lookin forward to next season, i'll need a night a week away fae the nappies cheers

I congratulations to u and ur good lady wife beardy dancer

Admin

View user profile http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:55 am

From the front page:-

Out of District Players - It was decided to longer allow new out of district players to register for Levenmouth Pool League, All out of district players that are currently registered are allowed to play in the league.

What does the above mean Question

AGM 31 May - The bid to change to Blackball rules failed after the body of the hall voted against it.

Very disappointing to have the Blackball rules thrown out again, no vision Sad Sad Sad

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:48 am

joebuck wrote:From the front page:-

Out of District Players - It was decided to longer allow new out of district players to register for Levenmouth Pool League, All out of district players that are currently registered are allowed to play in the league.

AGM 31 May - The bid to change to Blackball rules failed after the body of the hall voted against it.

Very disappointing to have the Blackball rules thrown out again, no vision Sad Sad Sad

what it says no out of district player are allowed to play in the league unless they were registered before this coming season.
i was the only person at the meeting that voted for out of district players in fact i wanted it increased to 4, some leagues allow unlimited amout of players but not ours , what a petty rule and it also limits the teams in the league to levenmouth residents from now on.
blazers and maybe the brig have their 2 out of district players providing those players play this season but it is always good to have the option

as for blackball rules their are still some dinasaurs playing in the "social league" so what is wrong with change .
learning the new rules is a poor excuse for not letting them in for a try as most are easy enough to remember unlike name your bag for the black which was the refs fault.
the timing of shots was a problem but we could have left that out

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:20 am

STOO01 wrote:
joebuck wrote:From the front page:-

what it says no out of district player are allowed to play in the league unless they were registered before this coming season.
i was the only person at the meeting that voted for out of district players in fact i wanted it increased to 4, some leagues allow unlimited amout of players but not ours , what a petty rule and it also limits the teams in the league to levenmouth residents from now on.
blazers and maybe the brig have their 2 out of district players providing those players play this season but it is always good to have the option

as for blackball rules their are still some dinasaurs playing in the "social league" so what is wrong with change .
learning the new rules is a poor excuse for not letting them in for a try as most are easy enough to remember unlike name your bag for the black which was the refs fault.
the timing of shots was a problem but we could have left that out

I cannot believe that in this day and age that the Leven League have totally banned outsiders Exclamation Bringing in and playing against a better quality of player should be good for the league, you would think Question

Future predictions:-

Brig will win this league for at least another 5 years, Baba will win more and more singles titles.

Scared of change and scared of a challenge, seems to be the motto of this league Question

Take it the format is still 8 and 3 for league matches Question

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:44 am

yes 8 and 3 11 frames in total no one wanted 8 singles and 8 singles or 8 singles and 2 doubles just the same boring shite

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:44 am

STOO01 wrote:yes 8 and 3 11 frames in total no one wanted 8 singles and 8 singles or 8 singles and 2 doubles just the same boring shite

At next years AGM to save a lot of time, chairman should propose "Status Quo" as item 1, then if it gets a seconder, then u could all go home Evil or Very Mad Exclamation Exclamation

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:45 am

STOO01 wrote:yes 8 and 3 11 frames in total no one wanted 8 singles and 8 singles or 8 singles and 2 doubles just the same boring shite

8 singles and 8 singles are no good in rules are not changed, but would have liked to have seen the chance of a draw come into play Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:12 am

this league is a total joke now, we should be trying to move on, not back. rules are crap, format could do with a change and the out of town playes rule is a joke, who carse where someone is from, they should be able to play where they want. every league movin forward, leven league movin back. teams can hardly get enough players as it is without bringing new teams in and stopin out of town players comin in. leven league finished for me i think.

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:15 am

MeatHead wrote:this league is a total joke now, we should be trying to move on, not back. rules are crap, format could do with a change and the out of town playes rule is a joke, who carse where someone is from, they should be able to play where they want. every league movin forward, leven league movin back. teams can hardly get enough players as it is without bringing new teams in and stopin out of town players comin in. leven league finished for me i think.

Here here

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Baldy on Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:05 am

How many years have we been saying this. Last years posts are the same just after the AGM. Every year we want change and every year end up wi the same old crap!
Baldy

Birthday : 1908-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:42 pm

MeatHead wrote:this league is a total joke now, we should be trying to move on, not back. rules are crap, format could do with a change and the out of town playes rule is a joke, who carse where someone is from, they should be able to play where they want. every league movin forward, leven league movin back. teams can hardly get enough players as it is without bringing new teams in and stopin out of town players comin in. leven league finished for me i think.

This league just gets worse n worse, whats the point in having a league where theres ONLY ONE team possible to win the league......the year just past will be the last time the brig will be challenged for a long time......unbelievable that out of towners are banned altogether no wonder paddy moir quit this league a long time ago because the prize money payouts are a joke and the league is movin backwards instead of forwards.

i got beat in the semi final of dunfermline singles and got more than baba got for winnin the singles in this league....that is pretty shocking Shocked

anyways.....congrats beardy i didnt even know Surprised best thing in the world btw!!! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  axa on Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:10 am

In my opinion all the complainers who moan about the "backward" league which is levenmouth should take a stance at the agm by voting for a BRAND NEW COMMITTEE. It is totally obvious that the present mob (committee) will never move forward to the 21st century. POOR LEAGUE, POOR RULES AND THE WORST PRESENTATION I HAVE ATTENDED IN 20 YEARS. Time for a DRASTIC CHANGE me thinks. We need more new YOUNG blood for this committee or we shall be stuck in the mud for years to come. pale pale pale pale pale

axa

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:40 am

axa wrote:In my opinion all the complainers who moan about the "backward" league which is levenmouth should take a stance at the agm by voting for a BRAND NEW COMMITTEE. It is totally obvious that the present mob (committee) will never move forward to the 21st century. POOR LEAGUE, POOR RULES AND THE WORST PRESENTATION I HAVE ATTENDED IN 20 YEARS. Time for a DRASTIC CHANGE me thinks. We need more new YOUNG blood for this committee or we shall be stuck in the mud for years to come. pale pale pale pale pale

strong words but i aint seen you at a meeting recently, so i take it you wont be up for the task of being in charge eh young man

no one wants to be in charge of this league .
3 pts for a win why you ether win or lose. in my opinion the smaller teams stand more of a chance getting points from the top teams if its 10 frames and fighting for a draw as they have lesser players and amount of players, but they canny see this fact.

goto any league and there is no restrictions on out of district players
18 teams penciled in for the start of the season and with a lack of support for pubs in general (no one goes out drinking) it is getting more difficult to find regulats never mind pool players

i think kirkcaldy play the same rules as levenmouth so we aint totally in the dark ages but glenrothes, east neuk, dunfermline all play newer rules
when we changed to the current rules in this league we all had to bite the bullet and get on wi learning them but at the agm it was like "this is our league we're no interested in other leagues" how do yo know what your missing till you try it

blazers have payed their league and competition fee's for 2009/10

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:43 am

axa wrote:In my opinion all the complainers who moan about the "backward" league which is levenmouth should take a stance at the agm by voting for a BRAND NEW COMMITTEE. It is totally obvious that the present mob (committee) will never move forward to the 21st century. POOR LEAGUE, POOR RULES AND THE WORST PRESENTATION I HAVE ATTENDED IN 20 YEARS. Time for a DRASTIC CHANGE me thinks. We need more new YOUNG blood for this committee or we shall be stuck in the mud for years to come. pale pale pale pale pale

good shout ttly agree (apart from presentation as i couldnt make it to that) sounds like i didnt miss anything tho Razz
gordon strachan for chairman Wink Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:18 am

an idea for the league singles:
best of 3 isnt a very fair reflection but in 1 way it does give lesser players a good chance to make upsets etc but i think best of 5 from the start would make the singles much better.....smaller groups at each venue and just use more venues for the singles....if theres a lot of entries maybe set aside 2 thursdays for the singles first round or whatever is needed obviously ud have to work it out dependin on entries i guess.
i just think best of 5 would make it much better.....what does everyone think?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:01 am

am thinking why are u even bothered when your not playin in the levenmouth league next year lol

Back to top Go down

open discussions

Post  the waterboy on Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:52 am

And here was me thinking that pool junkie 7 or whatever was the only asshole who just used to post shit ..... it does not matter whether you vote for a BRAND NEW COMMITTEE or whether its a POOR LEAGUE , POOR RULES OR THE WORST PRESENTATION IN 20 YEARS ..... when things get proposed at the agm the body of the hall decides what they want by voting ..... NOT THE COMMITTEE. THE COMMITTEE CAN ONLY WORK WITH WHAT IS DECIDED.
IF ANY BODY WANTS TO DO THE JOB THEY ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO TRY .....
the waterboy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:56 am

maximus wrote:

And here was me thinking that pool junkie 7 or whatever was the only asshole who just used to post shit ..... it does not matter whether you vote for a BRAND NEW COMMITTEE or whether its a POOR LEAGUE , POOR RULES OR THE WORST PRESENTATION IN 20 YEARS ..... when things get proposed at the agm the body of the hall decides what they want by voting ..... NOT THE COMMITTEE. THE COMMITTEE CAN ONLY WORK WITH WHAT IS DECIDED.

i would agree some of the ideas brought up at the AGM just never got voted in as the team captains decide what is going to happen good or bad for the up and coming season.

the chairman did push for blackball rules by reading out some of the changes but thats all he can do bring the idea up but was voted against just like other new exciting ideas

Admin

Back to top Go down

the black ball has been blackballed again....

Post  redbeard on Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:42 am

There's a lot to be said about a good dictatorship ya know Smile i reckon a decision like what rules we play could easily be dictated by those who we choose for our committee? Otherwise why have them? you could just have a guy to sort the fixtures etc and be done wi it!

Nah i reckon maybe the Chairman takes a bold step here and says, we need to take steps forward, this league plays these rules now. Everybody will have adjusted within a matter of weeks, even better give us all a months amnesty where our own players can remind us of the rules as we go without being penalised by the refs?

We can't and shouldn't keep the same rules forever, and there's not really any bigger changes needing made here than the last time the league updated is there?

Agreed that the committee get a hard time a more than a little unfairly, but maybe they could do more to push this kind of stuff through?

pirat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:14 am

maximus wrote:

Well said Maxi, u r 100% right that proposals get put forward and it's those present that decide what is what. That is what De Mock Re Cee is all about!

So here is what ALL the complainers need to do:-

Stop playing in this league and vote with ur feet! Then is there is enough of u then the league with have to take notice. pale

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top