View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Open Discussions

Post  Guest on Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:15 am

a like the way u think redbeard Very Happy

Back to top Go down

phoning results in

Post  STOO01 on Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:54 pm

at last instead of the committee complaining about not getting results phoned in because the buck closes at 9.30pm
the've got there act together and gave us a number we can text 07944125231

great idea i wonder were they got that idea Rolling Eyes

Admin

View user profile http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Central?

Post  redbeard on Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:55 pm

Just looked at the fixtures... who or where is Central? i may be havin a blonde moment here...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:45 am

redbeard wrote:Just looked at the fixtures... who or where is Central? i may be havin a blonde moment here...

well its central to wemyss towards the coast wiy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:19 am

stoo whats happenin with fantasy football this year?

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:05 am

ok most of the fixtures are complete except last weeks game verfuse Bayview Bar v
Maxwells i sure maxwells won put dont have the score

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:40 am

i havent been to the monthly meeting for the last two months. so is there only a penalty for turning up for a fixture. last year we got a 1 point penalty for not going to a monthly meating. im sure at the last agm the meeting thing wasent changed or is this just dodgy pish im talking

teams penalisted so far
bayview none fulfilment of fixture -1 point

teams who have missed a monthly meeting
bayview and windor missed the first meeting but dont lose points Suspect

new text 25 november 2009
i see in the east fife mail 25 november douglas and windsor have 1 point less that they would have for normal , its could be not going to a meeting i was told for the douglas .
the windsor did miss the first meeting at the auld hoose bat in august but bayview we not there as well and they got a point of for non fulfilment of fixture i think

i had a look at the rist of the table in the mail that had argyle and den inn on 24 points but the website has 27 ,their are no teams with any other scores wrong so where did the extra points go ?

Last edited by STOO01 on Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:45 am; edited 4 times in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:44 pm

the stats leader for the silver tassie have been updates
i have been updating blazers stats, now i know what games are missing i have douglas ,kirkland and the tassie to update for blazers, so should get them this thursday

all stats have been entered and updated for the end of year - http://levenmouth.leaguerepublic.com/StatLeaders.do?selectedDivisionID=9087597&maxPeople=50&includePercentage=10&selectedSeason=7522850

Singles

Pos Player Team Won (%) Won Lost
1 Chris Cocoran Blazers 100.00% 6 0
2 Kieron Corcoran Blazers 100.00% 2 0
3 Scott Spencer Blazers 100.00% 2 0
4 Martin Laing Blazers 100.00% 2 0
5 Mike Gartshore Silver Tassie 100.00% 1 0
6 Robert Warrender Blazers 92.31% 12 1
7 Jimmy Swain Silver Tassie 91.67% 11 1
8 George 'Mints' Kinninmonth Blazers 87.50% 7 1
9 Rab McGregor Silver Tassie 76.92% 10 3
10 Gary Brunton Blazers 75.00% 9 3
11 Conner Burns Silver Tassie 72.73% 8 3
12 Robert Clark Blazers 71.43% 10 4
13 Neil Johnson Silver Tassie 71.43% 10 4
14 Simon Johnson Silver Tassie 66.67% 8 4
15 Terry Biggerstaff Blazers 64.29% 9 5
16 Neil Jones Silver Tassie 63.64% 7 4
17 Stevie Gillies Silver Tassie 53.85% 7 6
18 Dick Jurecki Silver Tassie 50.00% 3 3
19 James Anderson Blazers 46.15% 6 7
20 Tam Crichton Silver Tassie 44.44% 4 5
21 Alan Laverty Blazers 42.86% 3 4
22 Scott McKenzie Silver Tassie 40.00% 4 6
23 Stoo Warren Blazers 40.00% 2 3
24 George Goodsir Blazers 33.33% 1 2
25 Eck Goodsir Blazers 33.33% 1 2
26 Craig Arnott Blazers 0.00% 0 1

updated 16 dec 09

Admin

Back to top Go down

lost cue

Post  STOO01 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:25 pm

message sent by central player
hi,the central were playing the blazers th last game b4 the christmas break.i left ma cue by mistake,i took the case but not the cue,could u have a look and see if its there please?its a 3/4 Robin Scott cue.

i will have a look for it, it may be behind the bar, that was 4 weeks ago so you may be struggling by now, hopefully ifs still there tho.
as you used the forum as a guest i cant send this message directly to you cheers

Last edited by STOO01 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:18 am

the snooker has the players intro music at the masters hears some http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/snooker/8451023.stm

got to be mark king as the best intro

what tune would you have and why for your entry ?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:48 am

had a wee look on the glenrothes site today the fixture list, league table, results have changed from earlier in the season with them starting to use the league republic site, what a good idea and will be easier and faster for the guy that updated the site

http://eastfife.leaguerepublic.com/

Admin

Back to top Go down

rules

Post  joebuck on Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:12 pm

The rumour on the street is that this league is going to change to the "blackball rules" as from next year Question

Does anybody know if ur league also has plans to join the SPA as a result of this Question the reason I am asking is probably for selfish reasons to make u aware, but my main league is the EFPL and a few of ur guys that play in Levenmouth and also in the EFPL, played for the EFPL in the recent SPA "B" event at Pettycur Bay at the weekend and played very well, so to take things forward and to know where we all stand, I would like to know if these boys may be lost to our league if ur league does decide to join the SPA Exclamation

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:49 pm

joebuck wrote:The rumour on the street is that this league is going to change to the "blackball rules" as from next year Question

Does anybody know if ur league also has plans to join the SPA as a result of this Question the reason I am asking is probably for selfish reasons to make u aware, but my main league is the EFPL and a few of ur guys that play in Levenmouth and also in the EFPL, played for the EFPL in the recent SPA "B" event at Pettycur Bay at the weekend and played very well, so to take things forward and to know where we all stand, I would like to know if these boys may be lost to our league if ur league does decide to join the SPA Exclamation

i dont have the answers i no about some off the boys playing these tournaments which is a good thing for leven , they have said it was a good tournament to play in and if others take part pool may increase in this area

a couple of weeks ago i played 4 jathros league games saturday,sunday,monday and thursday and played only blackball. rules for a week and had bother with our rules you can snooker with blackball but is harder all i was thinking was where is my next pot when i got to the league match. all these diferent rules is a bad thing, i won 3 of the 4 matches i was pish in them all and worse the won i lost.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  peterloon on Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:42 am

Will there be enough votes to change the rules at the AGM.

is it 1 Vote per Team?

I know you can have more than 1 person per team at the AGM but how many votes does each team get or is it based on the attendees?

peterloon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:18 am

at the AGM each team has only 1 vote, but 2 from the same team may attend the meeting free drink for both .
the idea of blackball rules was brought up last year but never got voted in probably because most people never new the rules.
the rules have been played in the jathros league last year and this to help players get used to them, some players play in dunfermline, glenrothes , they play blackball rules, but this dosent help the other players now the rules.
i think a change to blackball would be good , fair enough people have to learn new rules and it may pot off some players, that was a reason for some not wanting to play jathros league

the rules we play just now came in play about 1996, i remember this because i played for biancos for the 1 season then never had a team the year after, i played for the tassie that year

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:45 am

The Leven league is probably only 1 of very few leagues that r still playing the rules they have the now, Blackball rules have been in for a good few years now and are the recognised rules of Scottish Pool Association.

Get the rules voted in for next year and it will not be long before all know them and nearly all will be very happy with them through a very short time playing them.

Anybody interested in knowing more about them, ask ur captain as all captains were given a set to read over at a recent league meeting.

Or contact me or some of the players that play in the Glenrothes league / Dunfermline league, I am sure these players would gladly play u a few frames and go over them with u.

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:52 am

Don't get hung up as some were getting their knickers in a twist about the minute rule, this rule can either be embraced by ur league, left as is or simply leave to the ref's decision, once blacball rules r voted in then they league committee can give direction on a few of the points contained within the rules.

Minute rule:-

Very rarely used in Glenrothes league for instance and is left to the captain's discretion in the Dunfermline league.

Lag to determine who breaks instead of a coin toss:-

Glenrothes only lag in the first frame and then go alternate thereafter throught the match, Dunfermline though do lag for the break in all frames played.

So small tweeks can be made to suit each league's preference to what is best for them!

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:29 am

stoo see when this vote to get blackball rules in takes place, maybe you should have someone there who plays blackball rules just to go over few things and give a few points just incase some peaople have questions or are puzzled, juat a thought young man.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean on Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:28 am

If the present committee are still on board then I think the rules will stay the same. The older guys (committee)have no intentions of moving this league forward. IF the rules are changed to blackball and it causes problems then they can always be changed back. Time to move with the times gents. (topic for the next league meeting)

Sean

Birthday : 1988-07-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:12 am

MeatHead wrote:stoo see when this vote to get blackball rules in takes place, maybe you should have someone there who plays blackball rules just to go over few things and give a few points just incase some peaople have questions or are puzzled, juat a thought young man.

yes that was thought of but skins and bundy were there telling people the answers about the rules but people still worni interested in new rules (when theirs people wanting change there is not that mutch to vote for at these meetings) its 1 vote if say the kirkland, buck, den, douglas, are usally represented by older guy and will stay with the old rules. fair enogh the same people were their the year before and voted to bring but name your bag for the black what a farce

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:17 am

stoo get me to the meetins, ill shape this league up and get these old fuddy duddys put in there place lol. lets freshing the league up, the old fcukers wanna play pool then get them down to there bowling club

Back to top Go down

Post  Baldy on Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:46 am

The Tassie is closing down and at the moment it doesn't look like it will be opening again any time soon. We had been thinking about playing our next couple of games away from home while we try and investigate other pubs we could play from till the end of the season. This with a view to continuing the team from there next season.

However, on Thursday night we get informed from the chairman that we cannot play from any other pub that is not already in the league. Where does this rule come from? Not from the constitution! Is this a nugget of information pulled by our committee from a minute book that actually no longer exists! How bloody stupid, you must play from a pub that already has a pool team and therefore already has fixtures that conflict with ours!

You would think a committee would try and help players who want to be in the league, allow them to find a venue that is suitable, and not piss them about with stupid bloody made up rules.

I understand that we cannot have competitions and events in venues that do not have teams in the league. This takes money away from venues and landlords where they have invested in the league. We're in a completely different situation, our pub is shutting, and the people in the team have paid the fees. Why not allow us to move somewhere else so we can continue to be part of the league. Any new premises would be approved by the league, abide by the rules of the league and become a new investor.

Come on committee members & Mr Chairman; show us you have some bloody common sense. Make the correct decisions instead of hiding behind someone’s blurred memories from the realms of history!

Will the chairman or the committee reply to this, probably bloody not because they know what they are trying to enforce makes absolutely no sense at all!!!
Baldy

Birthday : 1908-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

CLOSURE OF TASSIE

Post  the waterboy on Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:49 am

IF YOU HAD BOTHERED TO ASK SIMON WHAT HAD BEEN SAID YOU WOULD KNOW THAT AFTER SIMON HAD SAID THAT YOUR NEXT TWO GAMES ARE AWAY FROM HOME , HE WAS TOLD THAT IT WOULD TRY TO BE SORTED AT THE NEXT MEETING.

BUT AS I UNDERSTOOD IT AT THE MOMENT IF A TEAM HAS NO PREMISES THEN THEY HAVE TO PLAY ALL THEIR GAMES AWAY FROM HOME ... ( BLAZERS WHEN THE POOL CUE INCIDENT HAPPEND ) ... OR AS THE DOUGLAS DID WHEN THEIR PREMISES WERE SHUT ...(FIRE INCIDENT ) , PLAY AT THE BUCK .

SIMON HAD EVEN TALKED TO ME THAT NIGHT ABOUT THE POSSABILITY OF PLAYING ALL REMAINING FIXTURES AWAY FROM HOME FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON .
the waterboy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top