[ 11 ]
3% 3% 
[ 1 ]
30% 30% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 30

Re: Doubles Finalists

Post  redbeard on Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:56 pm

aye this is one of the many issues which i think can be looked at better at the AGM if it has been talked about here for a while 1st, i think the way this rule was 'bent' right there and then was the bit thats particulary unreasonable. I know we all dont want to have more meetings but i think maybe the captians could have been given some time to think about this then called to a sgm or even just called in their vote, i think a lot of the bottom teams who were out of the comps, just voted yes cos it didnt matter to them, then the rest of the hall all just said, ah fuck well if its a majority i might as well go with the hall (all exept stoo of course! Smile )

anyhoo all the best to all the double finalists, but even more so Good Luck to James and Alan who have a great shot at winning this as long as john guidi isnt bruce's sub!!! Very Happy Cant be there myself as im in my sickbed with a virus Sad Aw you c**ts have an awesome day!!!
redbeard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Baldy on Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:48 am

maximus wrote:i think that you will find that at the meeting that when all this was agreed by " the body of the hall" ......that subs would be allowed to take part in so that no team would loose out in the finals ......it was already at the mentioned by a commitee member that with this being allowed that a can of worms was being opened

The committe should never have allowed this to go to the body of the hall. The rule should have been stated and that would be the end of it. Some members of the committe are obviously bending the rules to suit there own teams amd the other committe members are letting them.
Baldy

Birthday : 1908-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

contravertial double winners

Post  STOO01 on Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:42 am

Den Inn 'A A Band (2nd Title), C Cocoran win the doubles beating Buck'n'Hynd 'A Sammy and Bruce
contravertial win for the den but it was not there fault the rules got changed so you have to take advantage of them. the finals may be on the thursdays next season but it means there will be a lot of players with free weeks during the season i think the singles final should stay on the sunday at the end of the season.

Admin

View user profile http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:18 am

STOO01 wrote:Den Inn 'A A Band (2nd Title), C Cocoran win the doubles beating Buck'n'Hynd 'A Sammy and Bruce
contravertial win for the den but it was not there fault the rules got changed so you have to take advantage of them. the finals may be on the thursdays next season but it means there will be a lot of players with free weeks during the season i think the singles final should stay on the sunday at the end of the season.

Well done the winners I suppose. Wouldn't surprise me if the best player on the day was the one that shouldn't have been there No.

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:44 am

well done the denn, get it up the buck.

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:49 am

Bringing in subs is bloody disgracefull, teams will take advantage is this is allowed. Why allow it in the first place?

This committee have no back bone or balls they just allow anything to happen.

We all got fixtures for the whole season so if they can't manage then tough shit it's their own problem as they all knew from day one when each round was being played.

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:09 am

joebuck wrote:Bringing in subs is bloody disgracefull, teams will take advantage is this is allowed. Why allow it in the first place?

We all got fixtures for the whole season so if they can't manage then tough shit it's their own problem as they all knew from day one when each round was being played.

Not totally the fault of the committee, it was voted on after all. Although I seriously doubt it would have ever got to that stage if it wasn't to benefit the top teams, and I know there are plenty guys spread out through different teams that would say the same. I brought up the fact that excellent players could be brought in to steal it in the end, and that's exactly what happened. I should have used chris as an example at the meeting of the excellent player instead of dico I suppose.

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean on Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:45 am

Chris Corcoran was the total difference from the whole outset. The guy was head and shoulders above the rest of the players today. Nothing else to be said!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Its not his fault he was asked to play in the final. He probably played 80 % of his capabilities and was still streets ahead of the rest of us. well done young man

Sean

Birthday : 1988-07-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  billyb on Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:21 am

bullseye0 wrote:Chris Corcoran was the total difference from the whole outset. The guy was head and shoulders above the rest of the players today. Nothing else to be said!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Its not his fault he was asked to play in the final. He probably played 80 % of his capabilities and was still streets ahead of the rest of us. well done young man
fuckin bollocks i played shit hot to bandit

billyb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:41 am

haha looks like you blew your cover bandit i knew who you were dam. anyway does anyone agree bandit was shit hot Laughing

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:53 am

joebuck wrote:Bringing in subs is bloody disgracefull, teams will take advantage is this is allowed. Why allow it in the first place?

joe you should go to the meetings you and brodie could have a great time Laughing of course we dont want long meetings half a hour does me hour hour and a half about ..........
i was the only one to vote sammy and bruce or did i it was that long ago i canny remember Suspect

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:36 am

STOO01 wrote:

joe you should go to the meetings you and brodie could have a great time Laughing of course we dont want long meetings half a hour does me hour hour and a half about ..........
i was the only one to vote sammy and bruce or did i it was that long ago i canny remember Suspect

U see letting things like this happen in ur league just gets people pissed off and sooner or later it will not just be teams in the league short of players, it will be a league short of teams.

Suggest for next year u set the rules and cast them in stone for these tourney's:-

1. Singles - names entered at the start no replacements later on.

2. Doubles - named teams at the start no replacements later on.

3. 3 man - can be made up of a squad of 4 but can name only 3 at the start and add a 4th at any time throughout the tourney as long as the 4th player has not played for another team.

4. 5 man - same as 3 man, squad of 6 but can start with 5.

Remember fixtures are set out at the season start, people should check them before they enter, then if they can't make all dates then simple. DO NOT ENTER. If something gets in the way later, holiday, wedding, etc etc then TOUGH SHIT.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean on Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:33 am

STOO01 wrote:haha looks like you blew your cover bandit i knew who you were dam. anyway does anyone agree bandit was shit hot Laughing

Bandit played good as well as Chris. Sorry I never mentioned you by name in my earlier post mate but I was a little drunken drunken drunken drunken .

Sean

Birthday : 1988-07-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  billyb on Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:05 am

LWB wrote:I heard bandit asked chris and he said no. It would be a bit of an empty win anyway, chris is an excellent and it'll be a far better team having made that sub in my opinion.

This rule will be chucked out at the AGM surely, an option to try and speak to the finalists to re-schedule if need be next year might be an idea who knows. And playing all games on a thursday night with less league matches would help too.
just to let you all know crissy didnt get asked till thursday t/time he was told by myself bandit / that kenny had a opp .

billyb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:16 am

billyb wrote:
LWB wrote:I heard bandit asked chris and he said no. It would be a bit of an empty win anyway, chris is an excellent and it'll be a far better team having made that sub in my opinion.

This rule will be chucked out at the AGM surely, an option to try and speak to the finalists to re-schedule if need be next year might be an idea who knows. And playing all games on a thursday night with less league matches would help too.
just to let you all know crissy didnt get asked till thursday t/time he was told by myself bandit / that kenny had a opp .

Chris must have knew you were asking then since he told bundy about it in styx on a monday night a week or two before the final. And We've been hearing for ages that Kenny wouldn't play because he won't play with the denn anymore confused

Anyway you guys won the final and did so within the rules at the time so well done.

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top