Points for AGM

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Points for AGM

Post  Baldy on Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:44 am

How about getting all the points for the AGM listed so they can be put in before it. It's always a last minute thing and no-one remebers on the day what they wanted to talk about. Get them all listed now, get them printed out and added on the agenda so we get the leagure runnning the way we want next year.
Baldy

Birthday : 1908-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Points for AGM

Post  Baldy on Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:45 am

Firstly what about changing the format. Was written about ages ago.

8 singles, 2 doubles then another 4 singles from who's already played. Bring back draws. 1 point for a draw, 3 points for a win.
Baldy

Birthday : 1908-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:51 am

How about taking points and cash for missing meetings but not kicking teams out the league.

How about a league cup?

League split? 2 divisions. Means more interesting games through the season.

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:20 am

are uz jus tryin to complicate the league, lol its bad enough

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:06 pm

lol it's always good to have a wee change to make things a bit more interesting I think. I think the idea of a league split is a good idea. There's so many games that are totally predictable, would mean more tough well contested games through a season.

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:32 pm

introduce blackball rules as it is the rules u would play in any SPA event and it makes the game a more attacking one......cant see it getting voted in as some people arent up for change but i reckon it would be the best change our league has ever made if they brought them in.

i would like to see it possible to draw with another team, a good idea maybe to do it like the ddpl do it......if it goes to a draw each team pick their best player to play a play-off for 1 extra point so if u win the decider and the score is 7-6 u get 2 points and the other team gets 1 Wink

i would like to see that the brig bans mr.white from the juke box also lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:56 am

excellent idea a list of points to bring up while getting free drink brilliant
i like the frames thing and a draw. 5 man, 3man having a sub from the start 1st round maybe be an idea as some teams do have people working on a sunday or other activitys.
singles competition 1st round some venues were 3 out 10 turned up pish ,maybe put the cost to enter up at least this way if people want to enter 2 or 3 pound they maybe think i had to pay a bit more im turning up .or the people that dont turn up theyve payed more to not turn up.
split at half way may take a bit of figuring out or 2 leagues from the start less games say 2 leagues of 8 or 9 that would mean all competitions could be on a thursday night ,finals (i would still have the singles on a sunday good day out always busy ,other competitions maybe not so busy.
what about putting the 5 man team as the summer cup again (not this summer but next)
any other ideas post it

Admin

View user profile http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard on Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:23 am

bambooozled wrote:if it goes to a draw each team pick their best player to play a play-off for 1 extra point so if u win the decider and the score is 7-6 u get 2 points and the other team gets 1 Wink
[b]

Is it just me or does this way of playing sound like the biggest load of nonsense you've ever heard? lets arrange the league to have draws.. but one team gets more points than the other? eh? what the fuck? drunken bom

Like the league cup idea. Should we make changes to what the additional tournaments are?

And draws could be good too, if yeh mak a draw, a draw!

Splitting the league sounds good too, i like the idea of teams fighting for promotion or against relegation!!!

Oh yeh and i see this as a big one, I'd like to see a rule/system for out of town players that takes into account wether the player has lived or played in leven long enough to not be classed as an out of towner anymore? Not that i want more guys from out of town but i know leven guys who recently moved to kdy that would be gutted to have to be classed as an out of towner. I'd say if you've played more than 5 full seasons you no longer need to be registered? and if you were living in leven for 3 years or more when you started playing in the league you'd be ok too? aye no? lotta pish? great idea? unessesary? pirat
redbeard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:20 am

what does it matter if a player isnt from the area, its a game o pool, its no like yi need a visa to fly in and sign for someone. out o town caper is a load o shite. the cunt stays a cpl o mile longer along the road from someone and he gets called an out of towner lol. PISH!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:32 am

MeatHead wrote:what does it matter if a player isnt from the area, its a game o pool, its no like yi need a visa to fly in and sign for someone. out o town caper is a load o shite. the cunt stays a cpl o mile longer along the road from someone and he gets called an out of towner lol. PISH!!!!!!

Agreed.

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:11 am

Baldy wrote:Firstly what about changing the format. Was written about ages ago.

8 singles, 2 doubles then another 4 singles from who's already played. Bring back draws. 1 point for a draw, 3 points for a win.

We had this same format in Glenrothes a couple of years ago, with the rule that any player could only play twice, worked very well that way Exclamation

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:46 pm

LWB wrote:
STOO01 wrote:that's an idea have all the competitions(3 man,doubles,5 man) with names so no choosing easy venues

Yes I'm surprised this hasn't happened already and I think it's something we should bring up at the AGM for sure. We should get all this on Baldy's thread though lol.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:21 pm

what about the 100 ball final being 100 ball .what about a boxing day tournament on say boxing day with 2 or 3 tables. jocolor
in tournaments like 3 and 5 man there has been moaning about writing out your team,when is the best time

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:31 am

Get rid of the away team picking who plays against who. Fold sheet over and write teams out blind then it is pot luck who u play against.

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard on Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:01 am

looking at guys points about re-jigging the league format and comments about teams rolling over when they are out of a chance of winning anything.

I've put too much thought into this, but what about two league tables A and B (or whatever!)

Ok now say theres 9 teams to a league, league A has 4 relegation spots. Making teams fight for top 5 to stay up? Making the games between say position 2 and position 7 much more competative? 2 fighting for a trophy, 7 fighting to stay up!

In league B 3 qualify for immediate promotion, but 4th from B plays 6th from league A in a playoff to decide who goes up/down? tense or what?

All this just means that almost wherever you are in the table you are either fighting for trophies/promotion, or fighting against relegation.

It would improve tournaments two by having a team from A playing one from B in say the 5 man, and say B does well, A struggle cos they underestimate them? okok too dramatic maybe but im bored as fuck and i think this format is worth a real shout, any backers???
redbeard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Show on Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:49 am

redbeard wrote:looking at guys points about re-jigging the league format and comments about teams rolling over when they are out of a chance of winning anything.

I've put too much thought into this, but what about two league tables A and B (or whatever!)

Ok now say theres 9 teams to a league, league A has 4 relegation spots. Making teams fight for top 5 to stay up? Making the games between say position 2 and position 7 much more competative? 2 fighting for a trophy, 7 fighting to stay up!

In league B 3 qualify for immediate promotion, but 4th from B plays 6th from league A in a playoff to decide who goes up/down? tense or what?

All this just means that almost wherever you are in the table you are either fighting for trophies/promotion, or fighting against relegation.

It would improve tournaments two by having a team from A playing one from B in say the 5 man, and say B does well, A struggle cos they underestimate them? okok too dramatic maybe but im bored as fuck and i think this format is worth a real shout, any backers???

did u jist take everything a said 2 you on the fone 'n' post it me thinks u did!!!! am wi u 2 leagues more comps is best
Big Show

Birthday : 1984-03-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:10 pm

LWB wrote:How about taking points and cash for missing meetings but not kicking teams out the league.

How about a league cup?

League split? 2 divisions. Means more interesting games through the season.

Get wi the times bawbags I suggested a league split 2 weeks ago, go on bite beardy I know you want to Laughing

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:12 pm

like the idea for new league format but id bet my weeks wages it wont be brought into place lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard on Thu May 01, 2008 7:00 am

bampotbooozled wrote:like the idea for new league format but id bet my weeks wages it wont be brought into place lol!

just make the bet bambii, its only 2 ye'd lose Basketball

Aye aye we're aw hammerin on a bout a league split, but it was just my ideas on how promotion/relegation that was my point. Sadly (and as rare an occasion as it is) Bampot is probably right!?!?
redbeard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu May 01, 2008 11:38 am

redbeard wrote:
bampotbooozled wrote:like the idea for new league format but id bet my weeks wages it wont be brought into place lol!

just make the bet bambii, its only 2 ye'd lose Basketball

Aye aye we're aw hammerin on a bout a league split, but it was just my ideas on how promotion/relegation that was my point. Sadly (and as rare an occasion as it is) Bampot is probably right!?!?

ive printed this screen to frame and put on my wall as the first time ive ever heard those words from u beardy Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Tue May 27, 2008 7:17 am

May meeting it was brought up about some of the ideas from this site may be worth bringing up at the AGM ,it can only be a good thing
the league split was talked about, 100 ball league, competition finals on a thusday, summer cup.
a idea was put to me that maybe an ideas box (paper,pen and an idea Idea ) should be at the presentation for bringing up at the AGM as well.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue May 27, 2008 8:05 am

that ideas box sounds really good stoo Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard on Tue May 27, 2008 8:33 am

ye canny go wrong wi an ideas box
redbeard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Show on Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:11 pm

change the rules of the game either world or blackball both make the game more attacking

2 divisions (promotion/relegation top and bottom 2) 12 frames 8singles 4doubles individual frames count, 3points for a win 1point for a DRAW

more comps both divison and league all played on thursdays
Big Show

Birthday : 1984-03-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:46 pm

Bundy wrote:change the rules of the game either world or blackball both make the game more attacking

2 divisions (promotion/relegation top and bottom 2) 12 frames 8singles 4doubles individual frames count, 3points for a win 1point for a DRAW

more comps both divison and league all played on thursdays

Don't think that world rules would do your league any favours but yes give the blackball a try for a season and they will be in and 90% of the players in the league would love them.

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top