Points for AGM

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Points for AGM

Post  Big Show on Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:59 pm

joebuck wrote:
Bundy wrote:change the rules of the game either world or blackball both make the game more attacking

2 divisions (promotion/relegation top and bottom 2) 12 frames 8singles 4doubles individual frames count, 3points for a win 1point for a DRAW

more comps both divison and league all played on thursdays

Don't think that world rules would do your league any favours but yes give the blackball a try for a season and they will be in and 90% of the players in the league would love them.

anything 2 make the game faster is better lol but we all come on here and put down our ideas does anyone think we will get a change in the league a mean how many ppl actualy want 2 change the rules, format our whole game
Big Show

Birthday : 1984-03-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:26 am

a think we should make up our own rules. like 3 shots for a foul, aloud to pick the white up, all shots must be played with one hand lol

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:24 am

MeatHead wrote:a think we should make up our own rules. like 3 shots for a foul, aloud to pick the white up, all shots must be played with one hand lol

I've got this guy that plays pool for blazers and hes always on at me how come nae cunt takes my comments serious Suspect

Admin

View user profile http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard on Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:10 am

I wanna play in meatheads noo league!

Anyhoo, can any bugger help me out with this one... A was looking forward to joining in the debate/arguing whatever you want to call it at the AGM. The more players looking for the changes we're talking about here, the better i reckoned. But as it looks like the Buck B wont exist next season, do we have any place at the AGM???

Cheers...
redbeard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

RE : AGM

Post  the waterboy on Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:46 am

redbeard wrote:I wanna play in meatheads noo league!

Anyhoo, can any bugger help me out with this one... A was looking forward to joining in the debate/arguing whatever you want to call it at the AGM. The more players looking for the changes we're talking about here, the better i reckoned. But as it looks like the Buck B wont exist next season, do we have any place at the AGM???

Cheers...

I`m afraid that if you aint gonna be in the league next season , if you attend the meeting , you will get asked to leave as only participating teams get a say.....
also , any new teams will be asked to leave to as they dont get a say either.....
the waterboy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:00 am

so wat hes tryin to say its only the brig tht get a say

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard on Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:16 am

but if we leave it to yous numpty's nothing will change... Very Happy

Stoo for El presidente!!! Nae more Dens subbing in players for finals, strippers etc at presentations!

I just hope that all the great points put up here by the sites users aka this leagues players get heard out and chewed over, and not just voiced and painted over.

Canny really complain about no getting to go, rules is rules n all that pish, the whole people "will be asked to leave" bit was a bit eh.... aye.... expecting gate crashers?
redbeard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard on Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:42 pm

Just to post a point made to me the other night

ANYONE PLAYING IN OUR LEAGUE can attend the AGM. HOWEVER only the teams two chosen representatives can say anything towards the procedings.

This makes sense as that format seems to be standard with any AGM for social clubs, businesess, unions etc.

This info has obviously come from our former chairman, who says hello Very Happy
redbeard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard on Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:34 am

The AGM seems to have worked a little like government, will we update the rules? which rules? world? blackball?...

Decision, we'll just make them up! you muppets Very Happy

So all these great ideas on the forum... what happened guys?
redbeard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:10 am

all the ideas were brought up that i can remember from the site but if their not voted in then they aint gonna happen.
some captains that go to these meeting really need to think about what there voting on.
the biggest balls up was voting on bringing in the rule to name your bag for the black amazing it got voted in what a farce, the reason was bring back skill into the game "my arse" no league plays this rule.
blackball rules was voted against na cunt wants change.

league setup is 16 teams, 1 league play each other twice. two leagues did not get a chance for a vote and no split - 3 points for a win no draw .the idea of 2 league was knocked on the head because everyone at the bottom of the league thinks they are as good as the top teams, my arse. no split to complicated for some with more than 2 pints in them eh ya bunch o cocks.

3 man - doubles - captain will be allowed a reserve but must be named at the start of the tournament 1st round . i can see the point in the 3man team but the doubles and captain tournaments no it shouldnt have reserves. if you have a reserve he must be named in the 1st round so everyone will probably take part anyway so unless someones working that week their aint much point to the subs thing.

players that have played for a season or more and move away from the region are allowed to play in leven league as a home player.each team is allowed 2 out of district players.

missing a meeting will deduct a point from the teams league points and a fine - miss 3 games and the team is still thrown out the league ,miss 3 league games and the team is out, but still only a fine for missing a game it should have been points deducted in my opinion. as 3 pts for a win and no other way of scoring a point in the league it seem a little pointless deducting a point for missing a meeting as 1 point puts you behind the teams that you and the other teams won the same amount of games, but losing 2 points puts you in the same possition no point to it other than if you miss another meeting the teams out the league, maybe a bit more thought should be put into these ideas before being allowed.

100 ball knock out competition final will be 1 game at a neutral venue, so its back to playing 100 ball finals.
league fees increased to 130

teams interested in joining the league were station 1st reserve bayview 2nd reserve . if buck b or any other team does not take part in this seasons league then the reserves are on stand by it was brought up that any debt suspended players would have to pay before being allowed to play in the league. the station had an issue about being able to play a clear shot from where the table usally is in the pub ,but it was pointed out that the table will be moved.

any decicion made by the referees is final but can ask for assistance (usually team captains)

name the bag for the black is a farce no one wanted it last time we had it in the rules madness if your on the black you dont go smashing it round the table anyway its either a pot a double or a safty shot surly thats what skill you need common sense.
any teams comeing to blazers next season wont need to play this antiquated rule (sorry for going on about it )

jathros league may be black ball rules this season no naming bag for black shit.

Last edited by STOO01 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:15 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : not so drunk today)

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:54 am

what bawbag decided naming the bag for the black was a good idea to bring back.......i dont know ANY league that plays that anymore and if bringing skill back into the game was the excuse then id have to say blackball rules should have been brought into our league..... asked the dunfermline singles winner how much prize money he got for it and it was 350 Shocked Shocked
was a bit shocked at the huge difference between our league and the dunfermline one

Back to top Go down

Post  Baldy on Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:51 am

What a farce. This league is going F"@king backwards instead of forwards. No need to restrict out of towners to two. Nobody will want to come here to play anyway!!! Evil or Very Mad
Baldy

Birthday : 1908-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean on Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:23 am

Baldy wrote:What a farce. This league is going F"@king backwards instead of forwards. No need to restrict out of towners to two. Nobody will want to come here to play anyway!!! Evil or Very Mad

Aye yer right there mate. This has to be one of the worst leagues in Fife. What GOOD player would want to come here????????? Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Sean

Birthday : 1988-07-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:27 am

all the ideas were brought up that i can remember from the site but if their not voted in then they aint gonna happen.
some captains that go to these meeting really need to think about what there voting on.
the biggest balls up was voting on bringing in the rule to name your bag for the black amazing it got voted in what a farce, the reason was bring back skill into the game "my arse" no league plays this rule.
blackball rules was voted against na cunt wants change.

Is this Committee stupid or what, its like the dark ages, where in the written rules does it say name ur bag Question

league setup is 16 teams, 1 league play each other twice. two leagues did not get a chance for a vote and no split - 3 points for a win no draw .the idea of 2 league was knocked on the head because everyone at the bottom of the league thinks they are as good as the top teams, my arse. no split to complicated for some with more than 2 pints in them eh ya bunch o cocks.

Why have 3 points for a win when a draw is impossible Question

3 man - doubles - captain will be allowed a reserve but must be named at the start of the tournament 1st round . i can see the point in the 3man team but the doubles and captain tournaments no it shouldnt have reserves. if you have a reserve he must be named in the 1st round so everyone will probably take part anyway so unless someones working that week their aint much point to the subs thing.

Why allow reserves at all Question the fixtures are all printed at the start of the season and if u can't play all rounds then why enter Question

players that have played for a season or more and move away from the region are allowed to play in leven league as a home player.each team is allowed 2 out of district players.

Who is going to keep account of this mess then Question Should have opened the door and had a free for all

missing a meeting will deduct a point from the teams league points and a fine - miss 3 games and the team is still thrown out the league ,miss 3 league games and the team is out, but still only a fine for missing a game it should have been points deducted in my opinion. as 3 pts for a win and no other way of scoring a point in the league it seem a little pointless deducting a point for missing a meeting as 1 point puts you behind the teams that you and the other teams won the same amount of games, but losing 2 points puts you in the same possition no point to it other than if you miss another meeting the teams out the league, maybe a bit more thought should be put into these ideas before being allowed.

No comment

100 ball knock out competition final will be 1 game at a neutral venue, so its back to playing 100 ball finals.
league fees increased to 130

130 is a bit steep, only 100 in Glenrothes, what about other leagues what do they charge Question

teams interested in joining the league were station 1st reserve bayview 2nd reserve . if buck b or any other team does not take part in this seasons league then the reserves are on stand by it was brought up that any debt suspended players would have to pay before being allowed to play in the league. the station had an issue about being able to play a clear shot from where the table usally is in the pub ,but it was pointed out that the table will be moved.

Why r teams on a reserve list Question Surely if a new team wants in then let them in, why cap the league to 16 teams max. Question If u get to many then have 2 leagues

any decicion made by the referees is final but can ask for assistance (usually team captains)

Referees decision should always b final anyway, but I will say this about this league 2 many referees don't pay attention and when a decision needs to be made they don't have a clue what went on

name the bag for the black is a farce no one wanted it last time we had it in the rules madness if your on the black you dont go smashing it round the table anyway its either a pot a double or a safty shot surly thats what skill you need common sense.
any teams comeing to blazers next season wont need to play this antiquated rule (sorry for going on about it )

Think all teams and all matches need to read from the same hymn book though agree with it or not, Yes it is a farce but the guys at the meeting must have voted for it Question

jathros league may be black ball rules this season no naming bag for black shit.

Lets hope so, because once the guys play these rules they will wish they were in the league as well, but the fudgers will no like them

Looks like the officials in this league r choking it to death.

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard on Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:22 am

bloody well said Evil or Very Mad
redbeard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Baldy on Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:26 am

The name your pocket for the black isn't written and it's another one of these stupid friggin rules that the committee brings in and which causes confusion and contoversy like all the rest of the stupid unwritten rules.

This'll be another one that's in the minute book that will conveniantly get forgotten about when the situation is right for certain people and teams.

All sorts of hassle comes from this: like refs giving two shots for not nominating when clearly no pot is attempted. But it'll be in the rules that you have to name your bag!!!!

Next we'll be drawing imaginary lines on the floor around the tables and anybody who crosses it will be thrown out the pub! Wait a minute though, was that rule not brought in for the last game of the season between the Den Inn and the Brig!

Long live the Committee!!!!!
Baldy

Birthday : 1908-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:41 am

the ideas came from the body of the hall the comitee only kept order , all topics went by way of vote not the comitees decicion.
after the black ball rule was voted in i asked if this and any other unwritten rules be added to the rules "no"
ok but what if you start playing in this league next season or later then how r u supposed to know anything that happened at a meeting years ago and is not in the rules or constitution Surprised

fuck the pool anyone wanting a game o pauldies

i would have went for the split or 2 leagues (status quo, league setup play each other twice)
black ball rules even if only for a season then see what we think at the end of it (status quo, no rule change except name bag for black)
3 points a win and 1 point a draw (status quo, 3 point a win)
100 ball leagues (was not brought up cos 2 many league games, status quo, knock out)

really no sence of adventure with some of the team captains.

Last edited by STOO01 on Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:59 am; edited 2 times in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampot2 on Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:47 am

No wonder paddy quit playing in the leven league, the games never going to move forward here, the rules are outrageous sometimes and i was shocked to see what prize money baba got for winning the singles......surely theres plenty funds to make the prize money better for things like that.... Our Jathro's singles league has better prize money Shocked Shocked
Dickson was telling me there wasnt any prize money for winning it when he won it Shocked

i dont know how the committee work out what the prize money is going to be or anything but i still thought baba would have gotten more.....

i cant believe naming the black was even considered nevermind voting it in, im gona have to practise potting it in the bag i aim for from now on Shocked Laughing

Bampot2

Back to top Go down

doubles and 3 man team subs

Post  STOO01 on Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:21 am

at the moment you pick your doubles and a possible sub (usally a player that wont make the first round matches)
so you have the choice of 3 players for the first game , but it is limited to those 3 names registered for that team.

some teams were just not able to attend the first round which is not what the leagues about its a social league so players can play pool, not lose without playing

an idea may be to pick your doubles teams 2 players and have your extra players as subs, it may be 3 players.
then come the actual fixture if 1 player is unable to attend then bring in anyone of your named subs (subs are only allowed to be added at the start of the competition, 1st round)
then the team that added a sub is stuck with the 3 players the player who never played the sub and the player who was named and played to finish the rest of the competition.

the same idea could be used for the 3 man team and summer cup (5 man team)

this idea may not be perfect but it is a little more flexibile

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:31 am

when picking your team at the start of a league match why should the away team get the advantage of picking against the home team
i think all teams should pick their selection without knowing the other teams order

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:31 am

STOO01 wrote:when picking your team at the start of a league match why should the away team get the advantage of picking against the home team
i think all teams should pick their selection without knowing the other teams order

Have to agree with u Stoo.

Very good shout Exclamation

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

table conditions

Post  STOO01 on Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:36 am

the state of some tables in the league are bad in some cases poor cloth with holes (blazers has some) unlevel tables, cushions needing replaced. balls condition you can tell balls are not gonna play as well when they start to look dull new balls play better with better contact and are shiny in apperance (20-30) good make aramith

the league have asked that tables being re-covered be cover with speed cloth so all tables in the league are played on a similar playing surface and also makes for a more attacking game.
cushions should have a true bounce, tables should be level with new balls oviously the new balls would be only used on a thursday or sunday and the old balls replaced to use in normal pub use. a triangle that fits the balls Rolling Eyes . a rest and a spider (its a pub no the snooker club dont see the point for this one my self No )

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:39 am

agree with ur post above stoozo about the away team bla de blah.....

thats quality about the state of tables and balls etc......if thats enforced i reckon the league will end up wi about 10 teams Laughing

aramith balls are by far the best buy as they last longer and if u decide to go for cheaper balls ull end up havin to replace them sooner so i reckon it'll just cost u more in the end anyways Smile

joe when are u gona run for chairman?

Back to top Go down

Points / Frames Played

Post  STOO01 on Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:04 am

what about changing the number of frames played or points awarded ?

from the start of the league till 1996 we played 10 frames in total 8 singles and 2 doubles, 2 points for a win, 1 point for a draw
96-97 it was changed to 11 frames 2 points for a win, 0 for any thing else
98-99 still 11 frames, 3 points for a win of 7-4 or more, 2 points for a 6-5 win, 1 point for losing 5-6.
01-02 back to 10 frames 3 points for a win and 1 point for a draw

i think we should go back to 10 frames with a draw, getting to 5 frames and not getting any points canny be right, lesser teams would get more from playing the big teams winning 5 frames , 2 points a win 1 point for a draw

and whats happened to the 2nd division trophy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Show on Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:04 pm

STOO01 wrote:what about changing the number of frames played or points awarded ?

i think we should go back to 10 frames with a draw, getting to 5 frames and not getting any points canny be right, lesser teams would get more from playing the big teams winning 5 frames , 2 points a win 1 points a draw

I agree with stoo kinda i think we shud change the format for a league match but lets not go back!
The rules we r trying to introduce will make yer average frame quicker which has upset alot of publicans as they want boys in the pub spending money lol so wot i propose is 2 introduce more frames and rather than play more doubles drop them from the league match altogether (keep the doubles comp for those who like the doubles confused ) and up the frames played to 16 2 sets of 8 singles

Birthday : 1984-03-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top