Singles Final Qualifiers

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Singles Final Qualifiers

Post  LWB on Sun May 04, 2008 3:35 am

bampotbooozled wrote:
LWB wrote:
STOO01 wrote:

just as long as the Buck dont win anything i'll be happy Laughing all thats left now is for me to sit back and wait on a bite.

You boys keep fishing if you're bored, we'll bit if we can be arsed Very Happy . Bampotboozled is your player, we only have one finalist! Cool

aye im a blazer Wink how does the blazers motto go again.......as long as nae c*nt fae the buck win it am no fussed Laughing Laughing get it up ye bundy lol!

I thought it was let's go fishing? Well at least there's a blazer in the final now eh. Gives you someone to go to the windsor and support eh stoo?

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Show on Sun May 04, 2008 4:03 am

STOO01 wrote:canny see alanmcwilliams winning can you scratch

Cany c ur name in the last 8 think that gives me more of a chance at the trophy than u stoo!!!! confused
Big Show

Birthday : 1984-03-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Sun May 04, 2008 5:30 am

thank you chaps for pointing a few things out to me and best of luck to all the finalists Laughing
yes spencer v baba for the final, its like when you dont get the old firm or a decent team in the cup final it'll be pish other wise artist
lee im a pool player no a fisherman

Admin

View user profile http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Sun May 04, 2008 5:52 am

STOO01 wrote:thank you chaps for pointing a few things out to me and best of luck to all the finalists Laughing
yes spencer v baba for the final, its like when you dont get the old firm or a decent team in the cup final it'll be pish other wise artist
lee im a pool player no a fisherman

that's a shame cause I was going to suggest going to methil docks rather than playing our match jocolor.

I wouldn't count out any of the finalists, all of them are capable of beating anyone else there over 2 frames.

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun May 04, 2008 2:01 pm

i think simon if he keeps the head has a great chance of winning it, he has already won the kdy summer league singles.....by beating me in the final Laughing
i reckon stoo would have been in the final if he hadnt been ill that week coz he would have only had to play against some dude wi a tammy n a beard and some other dude wi a tammy Laughing

over 2 frames anythin can happen....... Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Sun May 04, 2008 9:17 pm

Bundy wrote:
STOO01 wrote:canny see alanmcwilliams winning can you scratch

Cany c ur name in the last 8 think that gives me more of a chance at the trophy than u stoo!!!! confused

ok i have to use my joker hear and say "my names on the trophy squire" honk honk scottish8ball

bampotbooozled wrote:i think simon if he keeps the head has a great chance of winning it, he has already won the kdy summer league singles.....by beating me in the final Laughing
i reckon stoo would have been in the final if he hadnt been ill that week coz he would have only had to play against some dude wi a tammy n a beard and some other dude wi a tammy Laughing

over 2 frames anythin can happen....... Cool

:
well you can never say who would have qualified, it would have been tough to beat gabs and brian Wink
its like father and son wi the benny hats eh. my semi final line up draw permiting will be baba, spencer, simon, gabs maybe J

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean on Mon May 05, 2008 2:12 am

STOO01 wrote:
bampotbooozled wrote:The qualifiers for the final at the Windsor on the 22nd June 2pm

G.Brunton - Den A / semi
S.Spencer - Buck B / ?
M.Mchale - Den A / final
R.Warrender - Den A / only previous winner
N.Johnson - Windsor B / ?
S.Johnson - Windsor B / semi
A.Mcwilliams - Buck B / ?
G.Anderson - Douglas / ?

should be a good final, day out honk honk drunken drunken

after looking at last seasons finalists i would say this seasons line up is a lot poorer than last with only baba having won the title before so all the pressure is on him, after that anyone can win it as it looks pretty evenley matched, there was a few upsets last season tho simpson beat baba, Mccall beat dickson, i would say the final match last year was poor between McCall and Comrie.

The match was poor only coz Comrie was as drunk as a skunk drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken

G.Brunton - Den A, quarter
R.Warrender - Den A, quarter /won 99,03
B McCall - Buck A, runner-up /won 98
A Dickson - Den A, Semi /won 02
S Simpson - Tassie, Semi
D Comrie - Brig, Winner
A Band - Den A, quarter
D Allan - Brig, quarter /won 97

just as long as the Buck dont win anything i'll be happy Laughing all thats left now is for me to sit back and wait on a bite.

Sean

Birthday : 1988-07-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue May 06, 2008 3:33 am

am puttin ma money on gabs, easy money

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue May 06, 2008 11:40 am

MeatHead wrote:am puttin ma money on gabs, easy money

what kinda money u willing to put up??? lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean on Tue May 27, 2008 4:52 am

After a little research Im tipping Neil Johnson to win the singles. He is one of the steadiest and most under rated players in the league. Home venue is also an advantage. (ignore my earlier prediction) in the meantime.

Sean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ayeright on Wed May 28, 2008 4:48 am

bullseye0 wrote:After a little research Im tipping Neil Johnson to win the singles. He is one of the steadiest and most under rated players in the league. Home venue is also an advantage. (ignore my earlier prediction) in the meantime.

Agreed bullseye I think Ji has got a definite shout of winning it, hopefully an all Johnson grand finale!!!

ayeright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean on Wed May 28, 2008 5:14 am

ayeright wrote:
bullseye0 wrote:After a little research Im tipping Neil Johnson to win the singles. He is one of the steadiest and most under rated players in the league. Home venue is also an advantage. (ignore my earlier prediction) in the meantime.

Agreed bullseye I think Ji has got a definite shout of winning it, hopefully an all Johnson grand finale!!!

Well mate I think that it is well within both your capabilities to meet in the final. (avoiding each other in the draw though) Just try to keep a cool head and a little bit luck on the day is all that is needed.

Sean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:06 pm

redbeard wrote:i could rig a camera to the screens, nae bor!

has that idea been forgotten about or have u got plans to do it??

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard on Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:19 pm

they've never been in contact about it again, they know where i am
redbeard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

re : singles champion

Post  the waterboy on Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:49 am

well you can say what you like about the singles final ..... the overall winner " BABA " he may have stuggled to find any type of form in the quarters and the semis but once in the final....." WOH "..... a totally different player in total control and virtually destroyed S Spencer 3 - 0......all I can say is a worthy winner and well done on becoming the first player to have won this title 3 times
the waterboy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:42 am

maximus wrote:well you can say what you like about the singles final ..... the overall winner " BABA " he may have stuggled to find any type of form in the quarters and the semis but once in the final....." WOH "..... a totally different player in total control and virtually destroyed S Spencer 3 - 0......all I can say is a worthy winner and well done on becoming the first player to have won this title 3 times

ya wont get a bite from me with the comment there......the way baba played in the final would have beaten any player in the leven league.....the guys different class and there was not much i could do to stop him once he was in the final Wink

i blame simon and mike for not punishing baba in the earlier rounds when they looked like they were going to win against him.....especially mike but baba done really well to get thru those games.

well done baba Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:09 pm

well done to baba for winning and the first to get 3 titles and well done to mr spencer for getting to the final maybe next year young man.
I walked in the windsor about 2.30 and couldnt believe i could get to the table and watch a bit dissapointing it wasnt that busy , no like the den last thursday night busy as fcku.
all 8 players turned up for the singles which is good. the den brought the most support for there 3 players the windsor had a couple , buck had none , douglas had none and a few brig turned up

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:23 pm

STOO01 wrote:well done to baba for winning and the first to get 3 titles and well done to mr spencer for getting to the final maybe next year young man.
I walked in the windsor about 2.30 and couldnt believe i could get to the table and watch a bit dissapointing it wasnt that busy , no like the den last thursday night busy as fcku.
all 8 players turned up for the singles which is good. the den brought the most support for there 3 players the windsor had a couple , buck had none , douglas had none and a few brig turned up

I would love to have been there but I was working, don't know what the rest of the team were doing though! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad poor show.

Good final to have though, the best two players there getting to the actual final. Well done to baba, must be some trophy cabinet now!

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BABA on Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:28 pm

Trophy cabinets, Very Happy Very Happy

Birthday : 1970-07-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris C on Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:35 pm

Well done Baba no about time you retired and gave the young boys a chance Very Happy Very Happy

Chris C

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:38 am

BABA wrote:Trophy cabinets, Very Happy Very Happy

Greedy barsteward lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  ayeright on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:33 am

Aye well done Baba, well deserved the way you played in the final itself. Mike Mchale had a great chance in the semi but that double you made at 1-1 showed balls of steel cos if you missed it looked like frame over!!

The table didn't help matters with it rolling a bit with the slow shots, if it wasn't for that then I think the Windsor is a decent finals venue (meaning the actual lay out of the boozer) but I would say that with it being my home pub!!!

Look forward to seeing Ian Murray again soon so we can bet on some more random events!!!

ayeright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:25 pm

hard to judge if its a good venue or not as there was a really poor turn-out for it but i remember having to go slightly behind the bar to see neil missing an easy black that he should never have missed so if it had been a busy finals day like it has been in the past then the windsor wouldnt be that great..... who knows maybe some people didnt come down to watch coz they thought it wouldnt be worth it coz it would b packed Shocked i enjoyed the windsor myself anyways, not too keen on the table but i knew it was rolling off so i tried to avoid slow shots all day Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top