[ 2 ]
24% 24% 
[ 4 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 16

Out of town players

Post  LWB on Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:05 am

What do we think about the out of towner rules?

Should guys who have played in leven for years be regarded as local players?

Should guys who lived in leven but then moved be regarded as out of towners? even if they don't play in any other league?

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of town players

Post  redbeard on Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:23 am

Erm you made some good points in your comments there but im not sure your voting options work too well. i'd say 2-4 out of towners to a squad. but re-defining what an out of towner is. As it is we have players who are from out of town playing as leven players cos they lived/played in leven for ages who are still playing as locals. the rule should/could accomodate out of town players who have shown big commitment to the league to be given the chance to play as any local player?

I'm not sure i'd like it to be as many as you like cos i'd be pretty pissed if a from kdy, glnr team just moved into a levenmouth pub n started kicking our asses? not that that would neccessarily be the case, but nah, not fussed fr that.
redbeard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:35 am

redbeard wrote:Erm you made some good points in your comments there but im not sure your voting options work too well. i'd say 2-4 out of towners to a squad. but re-defining what an out of towner is. As it is we have players who are from out of town playing as leven players cos they lived/played in leven for ages who are still playing as locals. the rule should/could accomodate out of town players who have shown big commitment to the league to be given the chance to play as any local player?

I'm not sure i'd like it to be as many as you like cos i'd be pretty pissed if a from kdy, glnr team just moved into a levenmouth pub n started kicking our asses? not that that would neccessarily be the case, but nah, not fussed fr that.

Hey I do all this from work you know, I can be distracted by having to do something now and then, anyway the poll is fine! I think it would be good if out of town players had to play a certain amount of matches a year too, this would stop them just showing up for the big games. I like having our out of town players, but I'd only have them if they were coming pretty much every week.

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean on Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:57 am

How many out of town players are allowed to play in the kdy, dunfermline and glenrothes leagues? My guess is that it is probably unlimited and the Leven league are still in the dark ages. No No No No

Sean

Birthday : 1988-07-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:29 am

bullseye0 wrote:How many out of town players are allowed to play in the kdy, dunfermline and glenrothes leagues? My guess is that it is probably unlimited and the Leven league are still in the dark ages. No No No No

kirkcaldy - unlimited
glenrothes - 2
dunfermline u can sign up to 5 i think but only 2 can be on a teamsheet in a match...

i might be moving to dunfermline in the near future and since i started here etc i think it'd be unfair if i got classed as an out of towner because ive moved.......so i think theres got to be a little bend of the rules like there is for a couple of others.
our league would get bigger if there was unlimited tho so maybe thats the best way forward.....i think its better for pool anyways...

Back to top Go down

out of town players

Post  gabs on Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:29 am

As many out of towners as you like , just ban them from the website... eh Joe!! Very Happy

gabs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:09 pm

gabs wrote:As many out of towners as you like , just ban them from the website... eh Joe!! Very Happy

al 2nd that lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:05 am

Bampot wrote:
bullseye0 wrote:How many out of town players are allowed to play in the kdy, dunfermline and glenrothes leagues? My guess is that it is probably unlimited and the Leven league are still in the dark ages. No No No No

kirkcaldy - unlimited
glenrothes - 2
dunfermline u can sign up to 5 i think but only 2 can be on a teamsheet in a match...

i might be moving to dunfermline in the near future and since i started here etc i think it'd be unfair if i got classed as an out of towner because ive moved.......so i think theres got to be a little bend of the rules like there is for a couple of others.
our league would get bigger if there was unlimited tho so maybe thats the best way forward.....i think its better for pool anyways...

Can only speak for Glenrothes and it is unlimited, sign as much as u like.

Why no either let teams sign as much as possible or allow each team 5 or 6 and cut out all the crap that this player and that player had a piss in the docks 20 year ago so he is not an out of towner.

Have it black and white, stay in the area or not, then all knows the score. Exclamation Move out the area then tough u r an out of towner if the rule stays that is Question

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean on Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:46 am

My belief is that the people who make the rules (The committee) think that if you come from out of town ( kdy, dunf or timbuctoo) then you will be much better than the home grown players. Sadly Leven doesn't seem to produce out and out superstars and the arrival of better players can only be good for the league. The Brig are not that a good side and they are only winning a piss poor league every season. (no disrespect to anyone by the way)Take this season for example -take the Den inn out of the picture then no one comes close to challenging. Come on committee lets get the finger out and relax the out of towner rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sean

Birthday : 1988-07-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:34 am

with the players i had asking me if buck needed any players we could have been right up there with the brig as well........ Razz
in my opinion if it becomes unlimited with out of towners then the players thru here can only get better from this....not saying all players from out of town are better but u will get at least 3 or 4 really good teams challenging maybe.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top