3 man team 1st round draw

View previous topic View next topic Go down

3 man team 1st round draw

Post  STOO01 on Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:54 am

3 man team draw - 2 qualify from each venue - to be played Thursday 16 October 8pm.
Captains bring names of teams that qualified to next meeting.
Argyle
Blazers (1) - B Thomson/G Brunton/S Spencer/ D Haycock
Windsor (1) - S Johnson/N Johnson/S Swain/J Swain
Auld Hoose B(1) - S Will/G Whip/J Egan(Snr)/J Egan
Station (1) - J Anderson(Snr)/P Guyan/L McGuire
Douglas (3) - C Smith/B Wilson/M Anderson/A Grubb

Auld Hoose Buckhaven
Douglas (2) - J Buchan/G Anderson/B Methvin/K Clark
Sunbeam (1) - W Stewart/P Gordon/G McCowat/S Miveld
Kirkland (1) - G Barclay/L Brock/D Dow/M Logie
Auld Hoose W (1) - I Murray/S Murray/R Clark/W Cherret
Auld Hoose W (2) - W Dunlop/T Biggerstaff/D Wilson/A Stewart

Auld Hoose Windygates
Douglas (1) - David Band/Darren Band/M Bowie/R Barker
Argyle (4) - J Keillor/D Penman/B O Donnell
Auld Hoose B (2) - G Watson/C Brown/S Given/J Thornber
Toll Bar (2) - S Brown/R Gardner/C Scott
Brig (2) - J White/A McWilliams/C Bellisini/S Dewar

Blazers
Argyle (1) - K Wardhaugh/T Oates/D Johnston
Den Inn (3) - K Purvis/A Rodger/S Smith/S Deas
Maxwells (1) - A Christie/S Johnstone/J Wood
Windsor (3) - S Gillies/C Burns/A Raeburn/T Crichton
Brig (1) - D Allan/R Frape/P Cheeny/C Sanders

Brig
Brig (3) - S Bradley/S Haswell/S Wedderburn/M Brodie
Station (3) - J Anderson(Jnr)/N Duffy/S Wilkie
Den Inn (1) - A Cuthbertson/A Finnie/L Lowe/J Cavanagh
Buck'n'Hynd (2) - G Maxwell/L Hutchison/R Crockatt(Snr)/A Douglas
Blazers (2) - G Kinninmonth/A Laverty/S Warren/G Goodsir

Buck'n'Hynd
Buck'n'Hynd (1) - T Clark/J Guidi/W Fairful/R Crockatt (Jnr)
Toll Bar (3) - A Wilson/R Dodds/A Dempster
Maxwells (3) - G Watson/J Turner/J Martin
Station (2) - J Inglis/M Boyd/W Allan/D Mitchell
Blazers (3) - A Band/C Corcoran/K Corcoran/ R Warrender

Den Inn
Argyle (3) - D Dunn/G Cape/G Henderson
Toll Bar (1) - M Dodds/D Waugh/D Wallace
Windsor (2) - N Jones/D Jurecki/R McGregor/J Reeves
Argyle (2) - M Fairgrieve/L Dow/S Wedderburn

Kirkland
Maxwells (2) - A Ryan/S Maxwells/J Clark
Sunbeam (2) - K Paton/I Duff/A Warrender/W Moodie
Auld Hoose W (3) - J Ovenstone/S Simpson/P Simpson/P Morton
Den Inn (2) - M McHale/D Hamilton/J Wotherspoon/G Bogie

teams in blue are known qualifiers from the 1st round


Last edited by STOO01 on Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:32 pm; edited 5 times in total

_________________
When were good they never remember, when were bad they never forget
avatar
STOO01
Admin

Posts : 1710
Join date : 2007-11-04
Location : Squire Ville

View user profile http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

3 man team tie

Post  STOO01 on Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:33 pm

Brig
Brig (3) - S Bradley/S Haswell/S Wedderburn/M Brodie
Station (3) - J Anderson(Jnr)/N Duffy/S Wilkie
Den Inn (1) - A Cuthbertson/A Finnie/L Lowe/J Cavanagh
Buck'n'Hynd (2) - G Maxwell/L Hutchison/R Crockatt(Snr)/A Douglas
Blazers (2) - G Kinninmonth/A Laverty/S Warren/G Goodsir

had a wee look at my teams draw, with 2 to qualify could be just needing 1 match hopefully. brig look the biggest danger with it being their table but any of the teams could be a surprise on the night.

also its good when the draws been made and you avoid your other teams as you want the squad to do well.

_________________
When were good they never remember, when were bad they never forget
avatar
STOO01
Admin

Posts : 1710
Join date : 2007-11-04
Location : Squire Ville

View user profile http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 man team 1st round draw

Post  ayeright on Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:47 am

if you only have 2 that can make it tonight, can you still enter??

You can still go thru if u win both singles and your doubles so is this okay??

We have a guy who canny get away from working!!

ayeright

Posts : 68
Join date : 2007-11-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 man team 1st round draw

Post  STOO01 on Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:57 am

i would say you need 3 players at start and they must be in the named 4 at the september meeting.
i think we have a similar problem with 1 of our teams baba is in america and kieron is away on holiday as well so bandit and chris are a man short . i think there out but i dont make the rules. maybe you should still be allowed to change 1 of the 4 as the competition aint started yet.

_________________
When were good they never remember, when were bad they never forget
avatar
STOO01
Admin

Posts : 1710
Join date : 2007-11-04
Location : Squire Ville

View user profile http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 man team 1st round draw

Post  redbeard on Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:44 am

STOO01 wrote:i would say you need 3 players at start and they must be in the named 4 at the september meeting.
i think we have a similar problem with 1 of our teams baba is in america and kieron is away on holiday as well so bandit and chris are a man short . i think there out but i dont make the rules. maybe you should still be allowed to change 1 of the 4 as the competition aint started yet.

agreed, i think in future aye ok name your teams beforehand so people cant hand pick venues.... but if you need make a change before the comp starts thats ok, as long as that stands as your set 4 for the rest of the comp and none of the players was named already. We got caught by this one too, really think they should have been allowed to play, i think it's a nonsense that boys lose out before the tournaments even begun, what a joke. Aye ok we'll here "you all agreed to these rules" but i dont think the rules took this into account and i think most would agree to letting folks find a full team as long as the tourney hasnt started?

Anywho, the 2 station teams that did play did get through, Station Anderson/Guyan/McGuire beat windsors johnson/swain/johnson to get through. (windsor beat ahbk beforehand). Blazers Bambii/Meathead/Gabs qualified very easily 3-0 against the douglas arms. At the Buck, Maxwells qualified without potting a ball, a free pass to the next round. Station Inglis/Boyd/Mitchell beat the toll bar 3-2. Toll were flukey to get the 1st dobles but unlucky they had a very wasted richard dodds on their team. We played well though and it was our rookie Danny Mitchell that sunk the final black, he was a very happy chappy!

cheers

_________________
Theres no 'I' in TEAM... but if you look really closely, there is a 'ME'
avatar
redbeard

Posts : 190
Join date : 2007-12-10
Location : Leven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 man team 1st round draw

Post  Big Show on Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:42 pm

redbeard wrote:
STOO01 wrote:i would say you need 3 players at start and they must be in the named 4 at the september meeting.
i think we have a similar problem with 1 of our teams baba is in america and kieron is away on holiday as well so bandit and chris are a man short . i think there out but i dont make the rules. maybe you should still be allowed to change 1 of the 4 as the competition aint started yet.

agreed, i think in future aye ok name your teams beforehand so people cant hand pick venues.... but if you need make a change before the comp starts thats ok, as long as that stands as your set 4 for the rest of the comp and none of the players was named already. We got caught by this one too, really think they should have been allowed to play, i think it's a nonsense that boys lose out before the tournaments even begun, what a joke. Aye ok we'll here "you all agreed to these rules" but i dont think the rules took this into account and i think most would agree to letting folks find a full team as long as the tourney hasnt started?

well i can c ur point but in my opinion it's shite, yes unfortunatly boys lost out by not being able ti play in the comp 2nite but whos 2 blame thier team-mates!
everyone knew the dates 4 the comp so there is no reason 4 a shortage in teams if ur no able ti play don't enter!!! a hink most would agree wiv that all except those that were afected by this rule dummy lol!
avatar
Big Show

Posts : 84
Birthday : 1984-03-28
Join date : 2008-01-28
Location : Methilhill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 man team 1st round draw

Post  joebuck on Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:31 am

Bundy wrote:
redbeard wrote:
STOO01 wrote:i would say you need 3 players at start and they must be in the named 4 at the september meeting.
i think we have a similar problem with 1 of our teams baba is in america and kieron is away on holiday as well so bandit and chris are a man short . i think there out but i dont make the rules. maybe you should still be allowed to change 1 of the 4 as the competition aint started yet.

agreed, i think in future aye ok name your teams beforehand so people cant hand pick venues.... but if you need make a change before the comp starts thats ok, as long as that stands as your set 4 for the rest of the comp and none of the players was named already. We got caught by this one too, really think they should have been allowed to play, i think it's a nonsense that boys lose out before the tournaments even begun, what a joke. Aye ok we'll here "you all agreed to these rules" but i dont think the rules took this into account and i think most would agree to letting folks find a full team as long as the tourney hasnt started?

well i can c ur point but in my opinion it's shite, yes unfortunatly boys lost out by not being able ti play in the comp 2nite but whos 2 blame thier team-mates!
everyone knew the dates 4 the comp so there is no reason 4 a shortage in teams if ur no able ti play don't enter!!! a hink most would agree wiv that all except those that were afected by this rule dummy lol!

Spot on "BUNDY"

_________________
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

and

S.W.I.A.C.
avatar
joebuck

Posts : 450
Join date : 2007-11-09
Location : Glenrothes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 man team 1st round draw

Post  ayeright on Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:06 am

I understand where you are coming from, however if last minute someone has to work then it is harsh on the other 2. I also don't understand why you can't play with 2 - I mean you are still allowed to play a league game even if you only have 4 so I can't see why the 3 man team is different. Whoever draws you only needs to win 1 game out of 3 so they clearly have a massive advantage!!

ayeright

Posts : 68
Join date : 2007-11-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 man team 1st round draw

Post  redbeard on Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:45 am

Bundy wrote:
well i can c ur point but in my opinion it's shite, yes unfortunatly boys lost out by not being able ti play in the comp 2nite but whos 2 blame thier team-mates!
everyone knew the dates 4 the comp so there is no reason 4 a shortage in teams if ur no able ti play don't enter!!! a hink most would agree wiv that all except those that were afected by this rule dummy lol!


I hear what ur sayin big yin and in an ideal world the 4 guys you pick will go outa their way to be there, or at least 3 out of four! But its a pub league eh, its about getting out for a game o pool, i think if we can make up rules to add subs for a f***in final! ye can make small allowances to give guys a chance before a balls ever been struck?

Can a just say that i dont think its just those who were affected by the rule on the night that were bothered, it didney effect my game, but i thought it was harsh, and some of the players in the brig on the night agreed that they saw no reason why not.

Hey at the same time i have purposly left myself oota the doubles cos i dont know if i can make all the rounds, i wouldnt say i could play if i couldnt, and it's a shitter when your team mates dont show and let you down, thats what causes the problem i agree, not the rules. But long story short its a pub league and we should have been much more flexible. And if ye canny agree wi that yer a fud Very Happy lol! can i hear a 'Spot on?'!!!!!! lol!

_________________
Theres no 'I' in TEAM... but if you look really closely, there is a 'ME'
avatar
redbeard

Posts : 190
Join date : 2007-12-10
Location : Leven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 man team 1st round draw

Post  Sean on Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:44 pm

Spot on Beardy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_________________
Talent wins games - intelligence and teamwork win titles
You miss 100% of the shots you dont take.
avatar
Sean

Posts : 183
Birthday : 1988-07-13
Join date : 2007-12-22
Location : lions den

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 man team 1st round draw

Post  Big Show on Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:21 am

How much more flexible have we ti b????????

3man team - 4 players!!
doubles - 3 players!! the clue is in the name of the comp!!!!!!!!!!
levenmouth pool league the only league a no of wher u play subs in comps jocolor
avatar
Big Show

Posts : 84
Birthday : 1984-03-28
Join date : 2008-01-28
Location : Methilhill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 man team 1st round draw

Post  Sean on Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:19 pm

Was it not possible to take the names AFTER the first round then keep them for the whole tourney. (including sub) It would have let guys who were let down by a team mate be able to play at the BEGINNING of the competition. I dont believe anyone should be excluded before it even begins. Lessons have to be learned before the next tournament starts guys. Common sense should prevail in this case.

_________________
Talent wins games - intelligence and teamwork win titles
You miss 100% of the shots you dont take.
avatar
Sean

Posts : 183
Birthday : 1988-07-13
Join date : 2007-12-22
Location : lions den

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 man team 1st round draw

Post  Guest on Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:20 am

bullseye0 wrote:Was it not possible to take the names AFTER the first round then keep them for the whole tourney. (including sub) It would have let guys who were let down by a team mate be able to play at the BEGINNING of the competition. I dont believe anyone should be excluded before it even begins. Lessons have to be learned before the next tournament starts guys. Common sense should prevail in this case.

someone already said in a previous post that taking names stops people "hand picking" their venue which definately happened beforehand Wink

i agree with bundy on his last post

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 3 man team 1st round draw

Post  redbeard on Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:25 am

Bampot wrote:
i agree with bundy on his last post

Noo if that doesney make ye have a re-think bundy, nothing will!!! Very Happy

Cheers for the support bully!

_________________
Theres no 'I' in TEAM... but if you look really closely, there is a 'ME'
avatar
redbeard

Posts : 190
Join date : 2007-12-10
Location : Leven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 man team 1st round draw

Post  Big Show on Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:07 am

SPOT ON Bampot!!!!!!!!
avatar
Big Show

Posts : 84
Birthday : 1984-03-28
Join date : 2008-01-28
Location : Methilhill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 man team 1st round draw

Post  joebuck on Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:14 am

ayeright wrote:I understand where you are coming from, however if last minute someone has to work then it is harsh on the other 2. I also don't understand why you can't play with 2 - I mean you are still allowed to play a league game even if you only have 4 so I can't see why the 3 man team is different. Whoever draws you only needs to win 1 game out of 3 so they clearly have a massive advantage!!

I do not disagree with your point about playing with 2, I do not see why you can't. You should take this up with the league committee for confirmation Question

_________________
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

and

S.W.I.A.C.
avatar
joebuck

Posts : 450
Join date : 2007-11-09
Location : Glenrothes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 man team 1st round draw

Post  STOO01 on Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:23 am

in my opinion it is a 3 man team not 2 not 4 there should not be any subs, in all the time i've played i needed a sub only on a couple of occasions and never in the doubles but rules are rules so we play to them lets get on wi it.
to have 4 names down and still be short is very bad luck we had this happen to one of our teams .but hey fuck it its only the 3 man team
i was at the brig last week and lost easily to the brig cant even remember the other team that qualifyed i was so drunk.


Last edited by STOO01 on Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
When were good they never remember, when were bad they never forget
avatar
STOO01
Admin

Posts : 1710
Join date : 2007-11-04
Location : Squire Ville

View user profile http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 man team 1st round draw

Post  joebuck on Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:25 am

Bundy wrote:How much more flexible have we ti b????????

3man team - 4 players!!
doubles - 3 players!! the clue is in the name of the comp!!!!!!!!!!
levenmouth pool league the only league a no of wher u play subs in comps jocolor

A similar thing is used in the Glenrothes league for the 3 man and the 5 man only.

You can name a squad of 3 or 4 for a 3 man team comp. but if u only name 3 then any other player from your team can be added at a future date as long as they have not been named in another 3 man squad or played for another 3 man team on that year. The same applies for the 5 man, u can name 5 or 6 at the start.

So if you have a player like redbeard that is not sure if he can play or no, then leave him out at the start then he can help out any team that has problems at a later date, but once he plays or is named for one team he is stuck to that team, no chopping and changing.

Hope that makes sense to u's Question

_________________
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

and

S.W.I.A.C.
avatar
joebuck

Posts : 450
Join date : 2007-11-09
Location : Glenrothes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 man team 1st round draw

Post  STOO01 on Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:31 am

ok joe its just the same as what the rules were before this new rules came into use.
the idea was to stop a player coming in at the last minute for the final as the finals had teams missing from previous finals but this rule aint gonna change that in my opinion teams will have players for some reason missing or not wanting to play on sundays maybe for religious reason i mean fuck knows eh.

_________________
When were good they never remember, when were bad they never forget
avatar
STOO01
Admin

Posts : 1710
Join date : 2007-11-04
Location : Squire Ville

View user profile http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 man team 1st round draw

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum