Monthly Meetings

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Monthly Meetings

Post  STOO01 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:05 am

as the auld hoose windygates have now missed there second meeting they are deducted another point and it was mentioned by the commity that 3 and team would be thrown out the league i think this rule is taking it to far we dont want to lose teams i think points deducted and a fine should be enough.
windsor also missed the meeting and lose a point No
empire wanted there point back for not attending the last meeting as they had not received proper notification of the new meeting they were informed at 7.55 the captain had no money for a taxi to buckhaven as he stayed in lower methil.
it went to the body of the hall and the deduction and fine stood .
blazers did not vote on this matter Neutral

Admin

View user profile http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Monthly Meetings

Post  Sean on Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:13 am

Their heads may be down because they may believe that they are out of contention to win the league after losing 2 matches so early in the season. As for throwing them out of the league I personally think that would be extremely drastic. Its only a social league with very little rewards at the end. Its bad enough having a free week as it is never mind the possibility of another. Point deduction and fines would be sufficient in this case.

Sean

Birthday : 1988-07-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard on Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:22 pm

Aye it felt a bit o a shambles when we saw the tassie go out last year, think the Auld Hoose has put Soapy in charge of the meetings? hehe.

Points deductons and fines should be enough of a punishment, suppose it depends on the attitude of the team tho, could nobody make it? could nobody be arsed? Would reckon the fine just being much higher after 3 meetings missed would be the best plan here.

Nae fucker likes going to meetings, but if we all want our say we have to go. What keeps baffling me is how mental desicions always get through.... but thats another story

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:53 am

redbeard wrote:Aye it felt a bit o a shambles when we saw the tassie go out last year, think the Auld Hoose has put Soapy in charge of the meetings? hehe.

Points deductons and fines should be enough of a punishment, suppose it depends on the attitude of the team tho, could nobody make it? could nobody be arsed? Would reckon the fine just being much higher after 3 meetings missed would be the best plan here.

Nae fucker likes going to meetings, but if we all want our say we have to go. What keeps baffling me is how mental desicions always get through.... but thats another story

Throwing teams out of a league is just pure stupid when the whole idea is to get people playing pool not stopping them.
But the rule is in place now for this season and should stand as you now have to be fair to the poor Tassie team of last season.
AGM is the place to get this removed, but what is the history surrounding the rule, give no team give a toss about meetings in the past Question

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:43 am

we never had the loss of a point before. the meeting are better attended than before this is the first time 2 teams have missed a meeting so far , empire missed last month because of the mix up in venue. the ahw have missed 2 which is strange with the strong team they have you would have thought they would have fought for ever point and then lose it at a meeting is bad.
at the agm on a sunday afternoon after all the arguing and lets bring in this rule and trying to get it explained. people lose interest and just say status quo and nothing gets done , its the same with this rule about ossing a point the arguing about it then it got voted in and then at the end the tresurer said you still get thrown out the league for missing 3 meetings , then its does anyone want to go into arguing about getting that rule change no everybodys already pissed off so nothing gets done

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:09 am

STOO01 wrote:we never had the loss of a point before. the meeting are better attended than before this is the first time 2 teams have missed a meeting so far , empire missed last month because of the mix up in venue. the ahw have missed 2 which is strange with the strong team they have you would have thought they would have fought for ever point and then lose it at a meeting is bad.
at the agm on a sunday afternoon after all the arguing and lets bring in this rule and trying to get it explained. people lose interest and just say status quo and nothing gets done , its the same with this rule about ossing a point the arguing about it then it got voted in and then at the end the tresurer said you still get thrown out the league for missing 3 meetings , then its does anyone want to go into arguing about getting that rule change no everybodys already pissed off so nothing gets done

Ok Stoo, what do you think of the following for next season Question

No kicking teams out of the league for missing meetings, but instead adopt the following:- miss one meeting deduct one point, miss two meetings deduct 2 points (total deducted now being three), miss three meetings deduct 3 points (total deducted now being 6) and so on and so on Question

Keep fines in place if you wish Question

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:25 am

the next and final monthly meeting is at sunbeam on the 27th april the teams that must attend or face being debt suspended (no money at the presentation for points money)

missed 2 meetings
Auld Hoose Windygates -2
Station -2
Empire -2
Kirkland -2

missed 1 meeting and safe , but would be deducted a point if they missed another meeting along with any other team that missed this months meeting
Windsor -1
Toll Bar -1

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:25 am

all the cups and shields should be returned for this the final meeting of the season at the sunbeam . monday 27th april 09

Admin

Back to top Go down

september meeting

Post  STOO01 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:16 am

Maxwells had a complaint about the Douglas table it had been re-covered in red and not speed cloth (green as normal), Maxwells captain was under the impression that any table being re-covered must be speed cloth and that the red balls would clash with the colour of the cloth. The outcome was that Maxwells should have played the match anyway even if they wanted to protest. The points went to douglas but the fine of none fulfiment of fixture was waved.

Bayview bar never turned up for the fixture versus silver tassie so lose a point and are fined, bayview also never fulfilled the Blazers fixture but this was waved by their captain.
not a good start to the season for Bayview, just wondering how long before they drop out the league No

Den inn Player Mike McHale asked the league if there was anyway he could compete in this seasons singles competition as the date of 1st round clashed with his trip to play in Ireland for Scotland over 50's.
The committee decided to swap league fixture 20 with the singles 1st round, so now the singles will be on the 25th February and league match 20 on 18 February.

Auld Hoose Buckhaven dropped out the league without fielding a side for any fixture it was decided to return there league fees. i think the auld hoose is closed . is it Question

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:38 pm

ok chaps, were is the january meeting santa

i've looked at the mail but no mention of the january meeting on the 25th, just pish about 100 ball tables that aint correct

i heard its in the den inn

Admin

Back to top Go down

February Meeting

Post  STOO01 on Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:07 am

All the Finals and Semi-Finals of the competitions were drawn
Singles final will be held in Argyle Bar on the 23 May Sunday. Doubles final will take play in the Brig on 9 May Sunday. 3 Man Team will be in Windygates at the Auld Hoose 4 April Sunday. Captain and Vice Captain will be in the Buck'n'Hynd on 14 April Wednesday . 100 Ball Semi-Finals they shoud be treated as the same as a final with all players pleasent at 2pm before the game starts. Blazers v Den Inn is to held at Silver Tassie 28 March Sunday 2pm and Douglas v Brig is at the Den Inn 28 March Sunday 2pm. The final of the 100 Ball will be in Maxwells the captain steve maxwells did point out that if both teams agreed the table could be moved to the dance floor. 5 Man team Summer cup Semi Finals Windsor and Railway this will be played on a thursday in the summer league, the final will be in Blazers.

Central missed the meeting at the Empire and lose a point.

there was talk about the Blackball rules from the Sunbeam, Railway said there players not sure of the new rules and it was comented that its a social league and there was no nead for new rules make the rules we have better. some players only want to play on a thursday. the blackball rules are faster and there is not that many differences in the rules ,we did have to learn the rules we play now so whats the difference with blackball. if we go back to the old rules no free table and potting opponents balls does anyone play them now yes if you go to a bowling club, and when your told to play those rules what your joking and you won't be happy, it will be the same once we start to play blackball rules
the comment against the blackball rules was having read the sheet. if there is 15 teams now it was said there will be less teams entering the league, what happens when players swear is that lossing the game ,a timed game , it was said its good for players who play the rules but not all, it could let leven enter competitions their not allowed to enter at the moment, anyway this was going no where and neither side seen the good for the others argument but it will be decided at the AGM.

the next meeting will be held in the Kirkland on 29 March

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:40 am

and let me guess the ones who said that it is a social league are probably over 50?? a dont know if anyone else has noticed but there are less and less young ones playing pool through leven each year, because they dont wanna play when people are just rolling up to balls, they wanna get out after the pool to and cant do that when games are goin on till about 12. league needs a serious shake up and stop accomodating for aw the old diddys, give them a cpl of year and they will be playing pool in the old folks home. teams threatin to quit if the rules get changed, a would just let them drop out, the teams that would do that are the teams that get humped everyweek, so just say league dropped down to 10, u can play everyone more times and get better games.

Back to top Go down

Post  peterloon on Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:02 am

Meathead - It's ok to say change the rules and I agreee the rules need to be moved forward.

However the Problem is (Stoo correct me if I'm wrong here) you need 8 out of the 15 captains to vote to change the rules at the AGM - I'm assuming it's a straight majority vote and will this happen?

If the vote keeps the rules as if - yes you will have less younger players playing in the league - but what is the other option - setting up a new league? be a bit much having 2 pool leagues in Levenmouth.

peterloon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:30 am

if im correct the rules we play today were started playing from 96-97 season with 2 leagues in the 1 devision we had 9 teams at the start of that season with 7 at the end
16 teams in both divisions
the year before we had 1 league of 14
and a earlier we had 1 league of 16 94-95
2 leagues with 10 and 8 in the league
if you go all the way back to 88-89 we had 25 teams at the start of the season

it seems every year the league is getting smaller, socially people dont go out as they used to every night a beer is getting on for 3, peole have different things to be getting on with pubs it seems isni the place it used to be

it was asked that if the blackball rules were played in the summer league to try the rules out before the league was started, good idea the committee said and if their no good then teams had a chance to change

yeh 1 vote per team even if you have 2 at the meeting and most votes wins

any way we'll probaly never now when the changes occured as lav wiz the secretary for a few years and lost the books that had all the minutes from the meetings and rule changes the cock

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:59 am

peterloon i know you need a majority vote to get things changed, im not expecting one person to stand up and say thats them channged. but most people i speak to now are up for the change and wanna move forward, the guys who dont wanna, let them make there own league and let them run it thereselves, if it goes tits up then who cares, it would only be a social league as they say. lets get some good pool played in leven, lets get some good players coming out of leven.

2 divisions- division 1 serious pool with serious teams weather it be 7-14 teams, play each other more and get better games

division 2 the guys who wanna play in a social league, maybe 4-8 teams if lucky. maybe teams will start turning up everyweek if they are playing at there own standard

Back to top Go down

Re blackball rules.

Post  Sean on Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:19 am

Gentlemen I believe that there going to be both positive and negative attitudes with regards to changing from the present dinosaur rules to the much hyped blackball rules but I personally think it is the way forward with the change for the better. For ANY small minded committee member to give a verdict before a trial is totally ludicrous. We all know this is a social league and it shouldn't matter which rules are played as it is not going to give ANY individual team any kind of advantage whatsoever. It may take a few frames to adjust to these rules but it is the same when any new rule comes into effect. If common sense prevails at the next A.G.M. and new rules come into force then a SIMPLIFIED version of the blackball rules should posted to every pub intending to participate in the league with plenty of time given to learn and adjust before the actual league begins. If we are given a trial period of the first half of the season (as an example) to accustom ourselves to the new set up then I totally believe the doubters shall admit it was the correct decision to change. On the other hand if there are significant complaints about the new rules then it shall be up to the committee to hold a SPECIAL meeting to change them back to what we are playing at present. I believe ANYTHING should be given a TRIAL before a decision is made and important decisions not left up to a stubborn committee member or members who DONT WANT TO EVEN TRY. It is not rocket science and I believe even the less educated players shall grasp them with ease as there are not too many different points to note anyway.

Sean

Birthday : 1988-07-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  peterloon on Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:58 pm

MeatHead wrote:peterloon i know you need a majority vote to get things changed, im not expecting one person to stand up and say thats them channged. but most people i speak to now are up for the change and wanna move forward, the guys who dont wanna, let them make there own league and let them run it thereselves, if it goes tits up then who cares, it would only be a social league as they say. lets get some good pool played in leven, lets get some good players coming out of leven.

2 divisions- division 1 serious pool with serious teams weather it be 7-14 teams, play each other more and get better games

division 2 the guys who wanna play in a social league, maybe 4-8 teams if lucky. maybe teams will start turning up everyweek if they are playing at there own standard

Meathead - I wasn't trying to criticise you - I was just saying that it's up to the captains rather than the player's unless they ask us our opinion at a game and take that on board for the AGM.

2 divisions is a good Idea as it gives new teams especially inexperienced players a chance to progress and learn the rules without getting humped every week - more chance of them turning up week in and week out.

The only thing with 2 divisions is to ensure the winners of the 2nd league do go up each year - I've played in 2 division leagues before where the same team has won the 2nd division for 3/4 years on the trot on a couple of occasions - all they do is change pub and it's a new team just so they can win something each year to me that's not pool.

peterloon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:39 am

Here is a link, take a bit of time and go through this website and u will get all u want to know about blackball rulles. It explains rules and has also visual aids to see the shot / rule Very Happy

http://blackball.co.uk/rules/

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gabs on Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:58 am

Gabs is all for new rules , as long as young meathead picks me up at oldfolks home

gabs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:38 am

April meeting
It was broat up that some players who dont play in the league games but enter the competition like singles after playing a couple of league games they are allowed to play.
AGM at Douglas 30 May 2pm
Presentation at Maxwells 28 May 7.30 for a 8pm start, teams were to give 10 for the presentation
Scott dewar was awarded a bye at his singles 2nd round venue he was the only one to turn up
empire missed the meeting and will lose a point and fined.
Railway were deducted a point for non fulfilment of fixture v Blazers

Admin

Back to top Go down

August Meeting

Post  STOO01 on Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:37 pm

I heard it was said the rule to time shots was brought up and should be used. this guy was refing in the east neuk league timing a game and started watching the football, not so clever Razz

the blackball rules are in but maybe using all the rules is maybe a bit mutch, to learn the rules is hard enough for some but to play against the clock must be like just visit the table and play anything

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Show on Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:17 pm

STOO01 wrote:I heard it was said the rule to time shots was brought up and should be used. this guy was refing in the east neuk league timing a game and started watching the football, not so clever Razz

the blackball rules are in but maybe using all the rules is maybe a bit mutch, to learn the rules is hard enough for some but to play against the clock must be like just visit the table and play anything

The time rule was discussed at the meeting and it was said we shud have a time limit on shots but your right playing against the clock wud a hardship for the majority of the league so instead it was decide that it wud be left up 2 the refs 2 decide wot is an acceptable amount of time per shot if a player is deemed 2 be taking the piss the ref can issue a warning if after being warned that player continues 2 take thier sweet ass time a foul will be called!!!

Birthday : 1984-03-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:12 am

Canny have grey areas like that, if the rule is to be used then it should be used, but it can be extended to 2 mins or 3 mins or whatever the captains of the teams involved agree on.

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top