Singles League Forum

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Re: Singles League Forum

Post  Guest on Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:23 am

someone wanna give me babas number??? stoo text me other day but deleted it by mistake, n hes spat the dummy n no sendin me it again, so if anyone could give me babas number so a could get this game played tht uz are all greetin aboot

Back to top Go down

reply to joe's comment

Post  Guest on Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:01 pm

But the point I was making was not aimed at anyone, just a general comment that if one player is stripped of his results for not playing his games then ALL should be treated the same..... from joe:

im 1 game away from completing and me and brian have struggled to find time to play our match because we are never free at the same time, any games not played by june 15th (i think stoo said) the league table will stand as it is at that time and prize money paid out.

p.s. stoo am tryin to find sum1 to cover my thursday nyt shift so if someone covers it ill see u at pool team and ill bring all the entry money ive got and u can put it together with what uv got and sort out the prize Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:28 am

i said 15th june just as a way of getting the fixtures played the last games were ment to be played in a two week period between 5 may and 18 may almost 3 weeks ago i was late with my last fixture as well
and meathead i never spit the dummy out i tryed texting you the number last night was in a hoose in leven must be a dead zone no like the burns i'll pm the number to you squire

Admin

View user profile http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:33 am

i tried to send him the number too then found out i had no credit and was at work lol!
ill leave u to send it now tho Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:01 am

Bampot wrote:But the point I was making was not aimed at anyone, just a general comment that if one player is stripped of his results for not playing his games then ALL should be treated the same..... from joe:

im 1 game away from completing and me and brian have struggled to find time to play our match because we are never free at the same time, any games not played by june 15th (i think stoo said) the league table will stand as it is at that time and prize money paid out.

p.s. stoo am tryin to find sum1 to cover my thursday nyt shift so if someone covers it ill see u at pool team and ill bring all the entry money ive got and u can put it together with what uv got and sort out the prize Wink

See below from STOO's earlier quote:-

Final games must be played
by STOO01 on Sat May 31, 2008 10:22 am

the final matches have until June 15 to be completed or the league standings will finish were they r just now a' league ,baba has 3 games as well ,brian o has 2 games, brian t has 1 if these games get played then the others wont matter because they dont affect placings top 3 get cash top 6 stay in top league and rest go to the 2nd division next season ,the ones that want in.
b league has the problem of not being able to contact dean blyth i have text him with a reminder that all games must be played in the coming weeks or his results will be erased like skins.
we could play this league till november if youz want but i think we should end it 15 June
i have changed the score between dwinks and terry some sort of mix up in the scoring 5-2 to terry.

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:39 am

just had a text from dwain johnston about the singles league 1st it was 7-0 to dwain then terry said he won 5-2 and now dwain has seen the score and says he won 5-2 come on boys you start telling story's about a score and someone tells someone and then your suddenly not trusted about the scores you do post bad news Sad

Admin

Back to top Go down

1st season prize winners

Post  STOO01 on Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:29 pm

well done to all the players who won anything in their league or 75 baw
league 'a winner 80, runner-up 30, 3rd 10 presented with trophy (12 players)
league 'b winner 60, runner-up 30, 3rd 10 (10 players)
75 baw winner 60, runner-up 20 (16 players knock out) sorry to deek for not having the trophy at the presentation as it was ordered on the net but never arrived in time, as soon as i have it you'll get it.

looking at the cups and trophys at the presentation i was a bit disapointed at the singles winners shield fair enough 60 for winning and added to the history of the singles cup

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB* on Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:00 pm

Well done the two buck boys winning the league's! Shame that there was a problem with score being deleted in league B or I was told it would have been buck players first an 2nd in each league Basketball.

LWB*

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:56 am

just wondering if we are going to be running this singles league again and whats happening with it stoo??
havent had much time for anythin but work lately Mad lol

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:00 am

Bampot wrote:just wondering if we are going to be running this singles league again and whats happening with it stoo??

If you don't have time then I suggest u don't enter Exclamation Need to keep up with these ties this time around, Stoo should not have to go around wiping peoples arses to get ties played.

And to anyone else:- If you have no intention in completing the full league then again don't bother.

Go and practice with Skins dummy dummy dummy dummy dummy dummy dummy dummy

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:27 am

joebuck wrote:
Bampot wrote:just wondering if we are going to be running this singles league again and whats happening with it stoo??

If you don't have time then I suggest u don't enter Exclamation Need to keep up with these ties this time around, Stoo should not have to go around wiping peoples arses to get ties played.

And to anyone else:- If you have no intention in completing the full league then again don't bother.

Go and practice with Skins dummy dummy dummy dummy dummy dummy dummy dummy

away n kiss ma ring....ill be enterin and i will complete ma fixtures Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:35 am

i have handed a sheet to brig / auld hoose windygates i will bring some sheets to the august meeting and team captains can give me them back for the september meeting if any of their players are interested in playing this season closing date will be september meeting tho then kick-off for early october Cool

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:42 am

STOO01 wrote:i have handed a sheet to brig / auld hoose windygates i will bring some sheets to the august meeting and team captains can give me them back for the september meeting if any of their players are interested in playing this season closing date will be september meeting tho then kick-off for early october Cool

Can u post names of players u already have entered Question Just to save them entering again Exclamation

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:00 am

ok joe i know your interested your in i was told by ian murray 5 from the auld hoose windygates but if skins (my pal) is in the 5 it may be a problem den wi windsor was interested, gabs, baba, brian t, dwinks i think said he wanted in, still a bit of time till we get underway

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:13 pm

mike mchale (cant forget to add him he has asked me about 10 times since we started the league so make sure he is in)
am sure theres more but a canny mind who.
Deek allan maybe?

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:04 am

i ur right deek dose want in he asked last night at the summer league final

Admin

Back to top Go down

singles league

Post  dwinks1 on Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:30 am

hey was just wondering when the singles league will be starting

cheers
dwinks

dwinks1

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:40 am

ok dwinks if you log in to the forum i have sent you a message. league should start october

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:50 am

ok at the august meeting last night handed out a few sheets for the jathros league should get it started for october when its dark and there fuckall to do (sounds like a british summer)
it was asked will it be better ru this year, i hope its better but it can only be better if the payers in the league play there games on time so if your gonna enter but think i may not be interested about january time DONT ENTER if there only one league of 12 thats cool wi me as long as everyone wants to play then it'll run fine.
so get the sheets back to me for the next meeting in september with a 5 at least per player.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:14 am

STOO01 wrote:ok at the august meeting last night handed out a few sheets for the jathros league should get it started for october when its dark and there fuckall to do (sounds like a british summer)
it was asked will it be better ru this year, i hope its better but it can only be better if the payers in the league play there games on time so if your gonna enter but think i may not be interested about january time DONT ENTER if there only one league of 12 thats cool wi me as long as everyone wants to play then it'll run fine.
so get the sheets back to me for the next meeting in september with a 5 at least per player.

Well said STOO, any body moaning about the way the league was run last year should only need to look in the mirror.

This type of league can only run if people get on with it and pick up the phone.

Only change I would want to see is that you hand out phone numbers for all players in each league, instead of just getting the numbers of the players for our home matches. silent

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

blackball rules

Post  STOO01 on Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:10 am

blackall rules - never played these rules before but got a copy to have a look at the differences, ive listed a couple of the main rule changes (hope ive got this correct)
1 from the break a slight difference is that it 2 balls must pass the centre of the middle bags for a leagal shot.
2 the players dont choose after the break but it is the first leagal ball potted fouled balls dont count, you can play a yellow on to a red and then your on reds. if 2 balls of both colour are potted then its still a open table for the next shot. from a foul the ball you pot is not the colour your on its the next shot that counts.
3 when playing a shot if no ball is potted then a ball either the object ball or white must hit a cushion after macking contact with the object ball or its a foul.
4 in a snooker if all the balls are snookered on then you can call snooker and then play to get out the snooker but you wont have to pot or hit a cushion after making contact with you colour.
5 if your on your last colour and the black is over another bag you can pot the yellow and the black in the same shot and win the game.
6 lag for break instead of tossing a coin first frame only.

doesnt seem all that scary to learn some other rules its all about putting them into practice now as the jathros league will be played to them this season, some players will have a bit of a advantage if having played them before tho.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:39 am

STOO01 wrote:blackall rules - never played these rules before but got a copy to have a look at the differences, ive listed a couple of the main rule changes (hope ive got this correct)
1 from the break a slight difference is that it 2 balls must pass the centre of the middle bags for a leagal shot.
2 the players dont choose after the break but it is the first leagal ball potted fouled balls dont count, you can play a yellow on to a red and then your on reds. if 2 balls of both colour are potted then its still a open table for the next shot. from a foul the ball you pot is not the colour your on its the next shot that counts.
3 when playing a shot if no ball is potted then a ball either the object ball or white must hit a cushion after macking contact with the object ball or its a foul.
4 in a snooker if all the balls are snookered on then you can call snooker and then play to get out the snooker but you wont have to pot or hit a cushion after making contact with you colour.
5 if your on your last colour and the black is over another bag you can pot the yellow and the black in the same shot and win the game.
6 lag for break instead of tossing a coin first frame only.

doesnt seem all that scary to learn some other rules its all about putting them into practice now as the jathros league will be played to them this season, some players will have a bit of a advantage if having played them before tho.

1 - Is this not the same as the Leven rules the noo Question Also if a ball is potted from the break then 2 balls don't need to pass middle bags.

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:51 am

no its the middle bag but its the near cushion to the break that it must pass Wink
ok if you pot its the same in both sets of rules thats why i never mentioned it only the differences as myself and a few others are no 100% on the new rules (blackball)

Admin

Back to top Go down

Blackball Rules

Post  joebuck on Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:03 am

STOO01 wrote:no its the middle bag but its the near cushion to the break that it must pass Wink
ok if you pot its the same in both sets of rules thats why i never mentioned it only the differences as myself and a few others are no 100% on the new rules (blackball)

In Blackball, two balls need to pass an imaginery line in the centre of the middle bags, this rule has not changed as far as I am aware Question

Point you missed Stoo was that the whole of the baulk area can be used for breaking or re-starting after a foul. ie - the D is a gonner.

Heres a few sites for new comers, but the best way to learn is to play them:-

www.blackball.co.uk/download/WPAblackballcoukA4rulesGUIDE.pdf

www.blackball.co.uk/rules/

http://ebapool.com/wpabbrules.pdf

www.wpa-pool.com/download/WPABlackballfinalrules.pdf

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:43 am

playing someone, i it is the best way to learn but you need someone that kins the rules as well.
in my original post i said 2 balls had to pass the centre of the middle bag the rules we play just now is the middle bag but its the near cushion to the baulk not the middle of the middle bag, stop complicating things i.m trying to say what is different in comparison to the rules just now.
your right about the baulk thing i forgot that, its better fuck the D

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum