Singles League Forum

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

singles league idea's

Post  Guest on Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:27 am

was thinking about ideas for the 12 players involved in the singles league to maybe run a couple of competitions during the league after the new year......only a suggestion really just thought id put it forward on here to get an idea of who likes the idea and who thinks it would be too much on top of what we are already doing??

also if anyone has any ideas for things we could do during the singles league to post them...

idea's i had were:

75 ball tournament - u get drawn against someone else in the singles league and you sort out a night to play them and instead of a match ull be playing the first to pot 75 balls wins and goes thru to the next round.

league/knockout cup - random draw to make 2 groups of 6 and either the top 2 from each group go thru and draw into a semi final or just the winner of each group go thru and play a final.

Knockout cup - just like the league but with straight knockouts as the name suggests.

KILLER - take names from the 12 players in the singles league of who can all make it on a set night and pay an entry fee and play killer (if we get the numbers of course) With this we would have to sort out a venue that we all agree on.

opinions.....?? jocolor

Back to top Go down

Re: Singles League Forum

Post  STOO01 on Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:14 am

a few good ideas there i like the 75 baw one even though big breaks is no my game really ,
STOO01
Admin

View user profile http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:57 am

Stoo01 wrote:a few good ideas there i like the 75 baw one even though big breaks is no my game really ,

so ur saying ur a fudger?? lol!
aye the 75 baw ones ma favourite idea i defo want to get that going if the others are up for it cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:30 am

find out in tonights game loady
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:49 am

Stoo01 wrote:find out in tonights game loady

lol good fun, doubt ill stay out late as im up at 4am for work and feelin pretty f**ked the now as it is.
c u the nite Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:11 am

here is my idea for someone missing a fixture. leave the result blank if they want to play at a later date ok if not dont penalise them it only matters if come the end of season the player that missed a game is within 7 points of the top 3 then you could take the points gained in the fixture that the player never played (top 3 players)out of the table and that means everybody that matters played the same players confused i think that is an ok idea. to let someone have a 7-0 is not fair on the reast of the league and we should kick the shit out of anyone who misses or forgets a fixture Mad
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:07 am

yea i wouldnt like it if someone was given a 7-0 win for someone not showing up either......if someone didnt show up against me i wouldnt want the 7-0 win anyways....i enjoy playin the fixtures wether i win or lose Very Happy
looking forward to my next game already and its aaaaaaggggeeeeeeessss away lol!
got my match in the styx singles league to play tomorrow night too maybe....sitting 2nd in my division but playing against the guy at the top and its my last fixture....he has another left after me so for me to have a chance id need nearly all of the frames Shocked Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:28 am

Going to be a struggle to get from bottom to a position to be in the top division when the split is made! Any shouts for a the players likely to go to divison 1 from the new league? Hopefully everyone taking part in both leagues will still want to play next time.

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:54 am

LWB wrote:Going to be a struggle to get from bottom to a position to be in the top division when the split is made! Any shouts for a the players likely to go to divison 1 from the new league? Hopefully everyone taking part in both leagues will still want to play next time.

you've only played 2 matches so far stop tryin to get people thinkin ur an easy match for when they come to play you Laughing
i aint writing u off for a top 6 spot.....but if michael beats ya thats when ill write you off Razz lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:46 pm

Think the form guide obviously says a win for michael but I'll be happy just to get a few frames for a change if I can hehe. cheers

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:45 pm

LWB wrote:Think the form guide obviously says a win for michael but I'll be happy just to get a few frames for a change if I can hehe. cheers

you lack ambition Razz Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:19 pm

bambooozled wrote:
LWB wrote:Think the form guide obviously says a win for michael but I'll be happy just to get a few frames for a change if I can hehe. cheers

I have lots of ambition, just not too much of it applies to pool Razz . You know I just enjoy being the underdog bamboo, and it can't last forever Basketball

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:18 pm

LWB wrote:
bambooozled wrote:

I have lots of ambition, just not too much of it applies to pool Razz . You know I just enjoy being the underdog bamboo, and it can't last forever Basketball

if we manage to run a 75 ball tourny i want yooooooooo!!!! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:03 am

Not really uo for a 75 ball tourny, and no it's not cause we lost 100 baw last night lol. As I said before I'd love to play a game a week in the singles league, but 75 baw is not something I want to take time out for. Hope you guys get it sorted though.

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:41 pm

LWB wrote:Not really uo for a 75 ball tourny, and no it's not cause we lost 100 baw last night lol. As I said before I'd love to play a game a week in the singles league, but 75 baw is not something I want to take time out for. Hope you guys get it sorted though.

im sure the numbers will be there over the 2 leagues for us to get that tournament going so we'll see how it goes. surprised tho as i thought ud b well up for that sort of tournament since ur the anti-fudger now Razz altho u tried to fudge against john in the tournament on thursday nyt Laughing Wink hehe

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:05 am

bambooozled wrote:
LWB wrote:Not really uo for a 75 ball tourny, and no it's not cause we lost 100 baw last night lol. As I said before I'd love to play a game a week in the singles league, but 75 baw is not something I want to take time out for. Hope you guys get it sorted though.

im sure the numbers will be there over the 2 leagues for us to get that tournament going so we'll see how it goes. surprised tho as i thought ud b well up for that sort of tournament since ur the anti-fudger now Razz altho u tried to fudge against john in the tournament on thursday nyt Laughing Wink hehe

When he has two balls over the bag when I come to the table and I have 3 on the cush tho! and for 20 Razz . Normally I play better in these but there you go!
As I said it's a good idea so you'll get the numbers no doubt, and I'll watch the table when it appears with interest.

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:36 pm

Just a thought about the rules, it was talked about before that we would maybe change to blackball rulse next time round in the singles league. Anyone got any thought on that?

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:03 am

would love to get everyone into playing these blackball rules myself....encourages attacking pool making for a better game of pool and less of the fudging pish lol!
could may well be the first steps to trying to get the league to move on from these rules as they r ancient Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:45 am

new rules but are they better never played them why has Leven and Kirkcaldy never changed. if i'm gonna snooker someone i'm gonna rules dont scare me

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:51 am

STOO01 wrote:new rules but are they better never played them why has Leven and Kirkcaldy never changed. if i'm gonna snooker someone i'm gonna rules dont scare me

The main difference, and I think the only one that takes any getting used to, is that you must his a cush or pot after connecting with the object ball. So it favours potters, but it also makes snookering less random and more skilled. I think kirkcaldy will catch on with these soon too, but they are behind the efpl it seems!

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:24 am

The singles league is not far away from being finished, just wondered if everyone was gonna wait till the dates originally alloted to play the final matches? For me having just a couple of games left will make me want to get them played and see the final standings, then start over again ASAP lol!

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard on Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:51 am

who do i see aboot signing up for the next one?
redbeard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:17 pm

redbeard wrote:who do i see aboot signing up for the next one?

just read ur post and put ur name down.....was hopin to give ur place to stevie wonder but since he cant make it....ull have to play Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:47 pm

i would say a few players in the league wont make it next time round but hopefully their will be more wanting to take part some players cant register using the web pages cos they dont have the net

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:58 pm

STOO01 wrote:i would say a few players in the league wont make it next time round but hopefully their will be more wanting to take part some players cant register using the web pages cos they dont have the net

aye ive been told by a couple that its a bit of a problem for them fittin in the singles league matches but ive also had a few boys come and ask to join already such as mike mchale, possibly deek allan he sed he is considerin it, mark now and a couple others Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next