Singles League Forum

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Re: Singles League Forum

Post  LWB on Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:30 am

For something to do here's the singles league if it was 3 points per win.

scott - 21
james - 18
stoo - 18
Brian - 15
baba - 15
me - 12
skins - 9
brian o - 9
jim - 6
kev - 6
michael - 6

A few have a game in hand, just goes to show that the league table would be about the same with the win loss.

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:05 am

bambooozled wrote:
STOO01 wrote:i would say a few players in the league wont make it next time round but hopefully their will be more wanting to take part some players cant register using the web pages cos they dont have the net

aye ive been told by a couple that its a bit of a problem for them fittin in the singles league matches but ive also had a few boys come and ask to join already such as mike mchale, possibly deek allan he sed he is considerin it, mark now and a couple others Cool

Idea Idea

Get more people involved through time and increase the leagues in numbers, then if people are struggling to play matches in the 2 week block then increase it to a 3 week block, then number the players in each league for each league to last a season, so it starts and finishes roughly at the same time as the League finishes

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:07 am

yes joe that is what we would like to do have 3 or 4 leagues its just started and a couple o boys have lost interest with 3 games to go. a league of 12 is ok i think maybe this year we could start about october and finish march april whaen its still winter. the league never started till later in the season cos it just go started up.
the fixture list is set up as a guide when to play the games but if for what ever reason you canny manage just delay the game play it latter no problem but dont conced the match 7-0 thats not fair on the other players in the league , maybe the points system needs to be changed to just win 4 and thats it, any ideas Question

Admin

View user profile http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:19 am

STOO01 wrote:yes joe that is what we would like to do have 3 or 4 leagues its just started and a couple o boys have lost interest with 3 games to go. a league of 12 is ok i think maybe this year we could start about october and finish march april whaen its still winter. the league never started till later in the season cos it just go started up.
the fixture list is set up as a guide when to play the games but if for what ever reason you canny manage just delay the game play it latter no problem but dont conced the match 7-0 thats not fair on the other players in the league , maybe the points system needs to be changed to just win 4 and thats it, any ideas Question

I do think that the point for a frame is a good way of doing it and 7 seems to b a good number no to long and not to short.

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:40 am

i enjoy the seven frames to but if players are gonna conced frames its no good

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:59 am

i was thinking about next season for this before and i thought we could give 3 points for the win....but also 1 point per frame as well.....so if u won 7-0 ud get 10pts, win 6-1 ud get 9pts and so on......

what do you's think??

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:02 am

STOO01 wrote:i enjoy the seven frames to but if players are gonna conced frames its no good

I think the format is good and it shouldn't be too much to ask anyone who decides to play to stick to the rules. Simple as that really, if you don't like the format then just don't bother ruining it for everyone else by entering the league and ignoring the rules. But if everyone gets together and decides that something else would suit the majority then that's fine too, because really that's what we need to do to make this work, make the format what the majority of players want it to be.

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:36 am

Never heard of any frames being conceded Question But if this is happening then it is bang out of order, all 7 should be played, all players knew the set up and therefore should be sticking to it.

Then if they don't like it then don't enter again the following year.

Would like to keep the same format though don't think 3 points for a win will help in getting all frames played though as if u r 4 - 0 down then u r 7 down even more chance of frames being conceded Question

Better with the format we have as it seems to have worked well in matches I have played anyway.

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:51 am

the singles league needs a small committe, get few ppl together to decide wats happenin with league and points next year, a dae see the point in changin anything. we aw kin ourselves the players tht would let ppl down by no playin or concedin so dae let them in the league in the first place

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:47 am

MeatHead wrote:the singles league needs a small committe, get few ppl together to decide wats happenin with league and points next year, a dae see the point in changin anything. we aw kin ourselves the players tht would let ppl down by no playin or concedin so dae let them in the league in the first place

having a wee committee has already been planned, once the leagues over more will be posted about this and we will also get all the names of the people interested in this and decide from there who gets in and who doesnt....if we have to.
but yea we already know who's reliable and who isnt from this season but we can only hope we dont get that problem again Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:35 am

ok chaps i've deleted skins scores from the a league as he dont look like coming out to play no more dummy
i had a quiery about a players score the score with skins is cancelled so you lose what you scored against him i only enter the score in the fixture list i dont add up the table it is calculated automatically thanks.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:22 am

not much u can do when players spit the dummy coz they got beaten.....poor show dummy
anyone who proves to be unreliable and especially anyone who drops out after losing a match and doesnt play out their games in my opinion we shouldnt let them get bk into this if they ever want to.... dummy dummy

league tables looking v.tight going into the last games of the league....im falling behind but hopefully get them played soon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:46 am

f*ck it why dont we all just quit and give back everyones 10 entry money and forget the fact that pool is just a game and we can all go spit our dummies out elsewhere......this has become a joke thanx to a few players all because they lose a game of pool....absolutely ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:14 pm

bambooozled wrote:f*ck it why dont we all just quit and give back everyones 10 entry money and forget the fact that pool is just a game and we can all go spit our dummies out elsewhere......this has become a joke thanx to a few players all because they lose a game of pool....absolutely ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I miss something last night? Working 12 hour shifts and I'm a zombie! What's going on now? Are you giving my money back haha jocolor

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:55 pm

bambooozled wrote:f*ck it why dont we all just quit and give back everyones 10 entry money and forget the fact that pool is just a game and we can all go spit our dummies out elsewhere......this has become a joke thanx to a few players all because they lose a game of pool....absolutely ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!

ridiculous is not to strong a word actually it is becoming a bit out of order with a few matches left people wanting to quit they dont see how silly they look at this stage ,maybe their should be a age limit no under 12
I never managed my singles venue last night (ill) no one was more dissapointed than me after seeeing gabs and a bloke called scottt spencer qualified how shite do i feel today.
i'm off to raid the cupboard for an old shoe tin get a game o hop scotch on the go with the girls up the street, maybe even start up my own league for money.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB on Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:53 pm

STOO01 wrote:

ridiculous is not to strong a word actually it is becoming a bit out of order with a few matches left people wanting to quit they dont see how silly they look at this stage ,maybe their should be a age limit no under 12
I never managed my singles venue last night (ill) no one was more dissapointed than me after seeeing gabs and a bloke called scottt spencer qualified how shite do i feel today.
i'm off to raid the cupboard for an old shoe tin get a game o hop scotch on the go with the girls up the street, maybe even start up my own league for money.

Are you guys gonna tell the rest of us what's going down? we have cash paid for this after all and most of us still intend to play I assume??

LWB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:15 pm

even if u were there stoo id still have qualified, u were drawn against gabs then played the winner of bt's match so i wouldnt have met u until the final anyways Wink
as for those 2 posts.......its to do with someone else wishing to not play their last TWO matches and f*ck it all up, wont mention names but it will be obvious soon enuf.....i intend to still play my matches and get the first season done but for next year i propose that whoever plays in this gives a 20 deposit that they get bk as soon as they complete all their matches......and if they dont then it goes into the prize fund......surely this would help

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:23 am

a will mention names then, it was me yi wee pricks, got anythng to say thn say it to ma face dae come on here and say it. a will play ma games ive got left and then yi kin ram yer league. tell me wen u wanna play scott n wat venue cause am no bothered

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:32 am

sorry for the wee pricks bit, a bit harsh.

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:58 am

MeatHead wrote:a will mention names then, it was me yi wee pricks, got anythng to say thn say it to ma face dae come on here and say it. a will play ma games ive got left and then yi kin ram yer league. tell me wen u wanna play scott n wat venue cause am no bothered

All of it is a bit harsh mate, but once u commit to something like this it should be played through to the end, then if it is not for u then u walk away at the end, no harm done.

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:42 am

ive said am playin ma games. a dont thnik its tht harsh wen u see wat other ppl have said, but am no fussed, a will play ma games

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:22 am

STOO01 wrote:ok chaps i've deleted skins scores from the a league as he dont look like coming out to play no more dummy
i had a quiery about a players score the score with skins is cancelled so you lose what you scored against him i only enter the score in the fixture list i dont add up the table it is calculated automatically thanks.

dummy dummy dummy dummy dummy dummy dummy dummy dummy dummy dummy

Does he think he is above getting beat Question My best result and it gets wiped out Sad

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:23 am

MeatHead wrote:ive said am playin ma games. a dont thnik its tht harsh wen u see wat other ppl have said, but am no fussed, a will play ma games

Good on u mate Very Happy Well done

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:24 pm

i like the idea of a deposit for the singles league but it may limit the amount of players wanting to enter to start with "i'm no paying 20 quid" yes you get it back at the end of the season "fuck off". Mad
was i talking to myself there i need to get out more cabin fever's kickin in. Shocked
we could give it a bash tho so 20 for the a league plus 10 entry 30 total with 20 back at the end of season ,i may have to set up an offshore bank account for this. study

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Fri May 09, 2008 11:26 am

thats it for me after losing 6-1 to joe i aint playing no more and i wont be at the the league games ether poor form since the lose in the 5 man team final has made me think about my position in the team and i want to go in the huff too.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next