tables re-covered

View previous topic View next topic Go down

tables re-covered

Post  STOO01 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:17 am

played the buck last week, both tables had been recovered with speed cloth and were good to play on
i was wondering how many tables had been recovered this season, all tables should be speed cloth by the start of next season to enter the pool league

1 Buck'n'Hynd
2 Auld Hoose Windygates
3 Brig
4 Maxwells
5 Den Inn

Last edited by STOO01 on Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin

View user profile http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: tables re-covered

Post  Guest on Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:41 am

i was in the den inn last night stoo and tht has been recovered, it was pretty good

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:20 am

the question about speed pool has to be asked again
blazers where drawn in the 100 ball semi-final v Den Inn at the Douglas because Silver Tassie is closing

The Douglas re-covered their table earlier in the season after the AGM wear teams were asked to re-cover there tables in speed cloth they re-covered there table with a normal cloth and in red maxwells were due to play them in a league match put didnt play because of the cloth.

with the Tassie, Toll Bar, Auld Hoose closed or closing , Durie Lodge former team closed as well , i see the Douglas may be looking for someone to take over the pub !

and this is the 1,000 post in this forum

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mike on Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:48 pm

Speed Cloth Vs Normal Cloth (whether it be Hainsworth or Strachan )

With all the pool team pubs shutting down
The last thing we need is to be excluding pubs because of cloths
What is the reason for this push for speed cloth anyway??
Was talking to the SPA Team manager, he said the top players prefer the normal cloth.
in fact for official SPA events, venues WITH speed cloth will NOT be considered,
and their international events also use only normal cloths.
in my own experience, with WR International events European & Worlds, only Strachan cloth is used (this includes the World championships you see on TV)
So you can see, normal cloth is the one preferred by all the top players & associations in the UK

Never thought i'd be agreeing with Joe Buck
But i think the best recomendation, is Gabs underpants, made from the Hainsworth,, as he says, "really smooooth" lol

mike

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Sun May 02, 2010 11:05 pm

played at the douglas last couple of weeks in the singles second round and league as long as your going for a pot your fine, but if your being adventurace and trying a long safty shot or snooker it is slow and wont play any lenth, if only theyd done what everyone else done and put the same cloth as us all(speed cloth)

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck on Mon May 03, 2010 8:41 am

STOO01 wrote:played at the douglas last couple of weeks in the singles second round and league as long as your going for a pot your fine, but if your being adventurace and trying a long safty shot or snooker it is slow and wont play any lenth, if only theyd done what everyone else done and put the same cloth as us all(speed cloth)

Stoo, u have got speed cloth on the brain, speed cloth is old hat and it gets shiny and goes bad very quickly, speed cloth does exactly as u have explained above, potting it is fine, try to be delicate from distance and u will find it will run all over the shop. Crying or Very sad

Take a wee trip to Hustlers in Rosyth and play a few games on their tables, not speed cloth but u will not find better. Very Happy

and

S.W.I.A.C.
joebuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mike on Tue May 04, 2010 2:38 am

If anybody cares to look at the East Fife Pool League web site
You will see the Miners club has speed cloth
and almost every team that plays there complains about it
its like glass and runs too fast, then when it does slow down, it runs off in different directions
Thats what happens to speed cloth when its been on a while

the last complaint described it as like ,, "greased weasel sh;t",,,,, Whatever that is lol

mike

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Tue May 04, 2010 4:56 am

mike wrote:the last complaint described it as like ,, "greased weasel sh;t",,,,, Whatever that is lol

I seem to remember watching top gear reruns and thats what clarkson said the stig called i think a jaguar round the race track when there was a problem with the car

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gabs on Tue May 04, 2010 6:16 am

gabs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Speed clothes

Post  Brigand No 1 on Fri May 07, 2010 2:16 am

Just a little thought on my first post about the quality of tables we have to play on in this league.

For me u don't need speed clothes on all tables you just need a table that is running true and not rolling off all over the place although i for 1 prefer to play on speed clothes. A little bit of care before we play league games or competitions to get these tables levelled should not be a big job by the captains or publican to do, after all we all spend money in their pubs!

Another little thought i had is for the blazers boys who have one of the worst tables in the league (which i'm told they all agree on) yous all can chip together and get 20 quid together to buy the tassie table which would at least bring your table up to the standard of the kirkland bars.

Brigand No 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Fri May 07, 2010 7:02 pm

brigadoon I take it you boys worni happy wi the table last night as you's got thumped 11-0,
it wasent just a win for Blazers , your boys took a hell of a beating Laughing

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 on Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:48 am

speaking to one of the chaps from Empire who played Railway last Thursday, it has been covered in red cloth not speed cloth but a nice hairy number, so wont play like any other table in the league good eh i canny wait to visit the railway for our game Rolling Eyes

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top